Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Jman,

am interested in these with the PXi shafts. Especially ballflight. I hit the ball high but am looking for something more penetrating.

havent found any in the golf shops around me to demo. was even told they're not made anymore.

thanks.

For everybody what kind of shaft is better for 85 Mph ss ? I search shaft 100-110 g with mix trajectoire.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

What happen with the Forged Tecs?

Well, the simple answer is I'm a club ho...

Actually I did like the Forged Tec's but unfortunately there were none in town to demo before I purchased, and there were no plans for any stores to order in a demo. I initially had no intention of buying without demoing but found them for a steal on Ebay and gave it a whirl. They are good clubs but I had issues with too high of spin and trajectory with the stock shafts. The other problem was I had the Apex in the back of my mind the whole time and then came across the Srixon's, both of which were more appealing to me than the FT. The CT's are up on eBay now looking for a new home.

Well, the simple answer is I'm a club ho...

Actually I did like the Forged Tec's but unfortunately there were none in town to demo before I purchased, and there were no plans for any stores to order in a demo. I initially had no intention of buying without demoing but found them for a steal on Ebay and gave it a whirl. They are good clubs but I had issues with too high of spin and trajectory with the stock shafts. The other problem was I had the Apex in the back of my mind the whole time and then came across the Srixon's, both of which were more appealing to me than the FT. The CT's are up on eBay now looking for a new home.

ha ha. im guessing you got to demo the CFs. What shaft did you go with? And that bag looks incredible.

Jman,

am interested in these with the PXi shafts. Especially ballflight. I hit the ball high but am looking for something more penetrating.

havent found any in the golf shops around me to demo. was even told they're not made anymore.

thanks.

Jman should have a lot of good input but I will have mine next week with the pxi 6.5. I'll report back my thoughts but when I got fitted, I averaged 38yrd height which is higher than average, but the flight was still a penetrating flight with good spin numbers. I hope to hit up my local trackman once I get them so I will post those results once I have them.

ha ha. im guessing you got to demo the CFs. What shaft did you go with? And that bag looks incredible.

Thanks man! I did get to demo them. They still only had a few shaft options but I was able to get my spin/trajectory numbers down and tight dispersion with the KBS C Taper's. I was worried that the stiff would be a little much for me throughout the season and I happened to luck out that a set came up for sale with this shaft that was soft stepped. I know that will bring my numbers up a little but I'm not too concerned right now. Fingers crossed anyway!

Jman should have a lot of good input but I will have mine next week with the pxi 6.5. I'll report back my thoughts but when I got fitted, I averaged 38yrd height which is higher than average, but the flight was still a penetrating flight with good spin numbers. I hope to hit up my local trackman once I get them so I will post those results once I have them.

cool. Look forward to it..

Thanks man! I did get to demo them. They still only had a few shaft options but I was able to get my spin/trajectory numbers down and tight dispersion with the KBS C Taper's. I was worried that the stiff would be a little much for me throughout the season and I happened to luck out that a set came up for sale with this shaft that was soft stepped. I know that will bring my numbers up a little but I'm not too concerned right now. Fingers crossed anyway!

I don't know much about the ctapers. Guessing they play pretty stiff. Like the spin/trajectory numbers down.

Oohhh. C-Tapers would be fun with these irons.

My Steelfiber i95s came into today, so I'll be getting the Nippon Modus Tour 130s yanked out & the i95s installed in the CF16s soon.

I really hope that the i95s give me a ball flight close to the 130s.

Just wanted to let you know, Apex CF16s, that you are still on my mind. Almost every single day.

Did anyone else get the Dynamic Gold SL shafts on theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to drop in here and say I had a shaft issue with my set that was quickly and unbelievably handed by Callaway. Above and beyond normal customer service. I know I'm a Homer but they have a customer and advocate for life in me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just wanted to let you know, Apex CF16s, that you are still on my mind. Almost every single day.

Stop fighting it

Look what I got today...
EAF24649-222C-4EFA-8785-B56348AFB318_zpsxcx56pdo.jpg~original

Stop fighting it

Seriously though. Pull dat trigga!

You really shouldn't be the ones encouraging me since it could be your behind that is kicked with them.

(I'm going to kick behind regardless, but it could be you!)

But they will happen, just a matter of when. Tax season may be a blessing.

Look what I got today...
EAF24649-222C-4EFA-8785-B56348AFB318_zpsxcx56pdo.jpg~original
Almost have the exact same set up. Only difference is the woods. I have GBB, 3deep, N 5 Deep. Love the CF16 and the V Line Cruiser is a machine. Enjoy I know you will.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First range session is in the books with these and they are crazy easy to hit....
Misses (especially low on the face) are forgiven, they are about 5 yards on average longer that my old X2 Hots. I was even hitting the 5 iron with ease (that's a normal nemesis club for me). The Dynamic Gold SL promised a lower more penetrating ball flight and they seem to deliver. All and all, I'm extremely happy with my decision to pull the trigger on these irons.

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4aab520d337784da0cb1a2c2b63ae5b7.jpg

Thanks to a choke down PW from 125 I got my first hole in one with these.

4aab520d337784da0cb1a2c2b63ae5b7.jpg

Thanks to a choke down PW from 125 I got my first hole in one with these.

Congrats dude! Definitely tweet that to Callaway and whoever the ball manufacturer is.

Back