The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest-Part V

Grins one or two bad days won't kill us. Eat clean and hit it hard Saturday and Sunday.
Drink a lot of water. Rest of team 3 will pick up the slack.

Jump right back in it.

I didn't eat the healthiest food yesterday, but I also think my calorie intake was less than the daily goal. I might check the scale in the gym to see where I'm landing. I definitely did not consume enough water

OK ten minutes till cardio at World Gym
Weigh in Monday

Sorry Bon Bon's .... it's gonna be a + for me this week. 0 gym time and 2 cheat meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Bon Bon's .... it's gonna be a + for me this week. 0 gym time and 2 cheat meals.

Get it back next week Kort! Marathon not a sprint.

This will not be a good week for me. I was on the road for work all week--and the nature of said work really limited my ability to pack lunches--which led to a whole lot of eating out. Today will be a good day, but I am a little scared of the scale for tomorrow morning (which we be another week out on the road). Yuck.

I just bought a Bushnell Tour X rangefinder (used) for $300. I'm trying to figure out how to break this purchase to my wife (she doesn't understand that this is a need for improving my game - and a heck of a deal). I figure I used to drink close to 2L of diet soda a day. I certainly spent at least $5/week on the stuff. So, the way I look at it, the Tour X will be paid off in 60 weeks.

She probably will not look at it this way.

I just bought a Bushnell Tour X rangefinder (used) for $300. I'm trying to figure out how to break this purchase to my wife (she doesn't understand that this is a need for improving my game - and a heck of a deal). I figure I used to drink close to 2L of diet soda a day. I certainly spent at least $5/week on the stuff. So, the way I look at it, the Tour X will be paid off in 60 weeks.

She probably will not look at it this way.

Funny stuff

Lots of steps this weekend and ate "ok" hoping to have shed a few

We will see if I gained or lost any lbs this weekend.

Tweaked a muscle in my back yesterday. Didn't affect the workout this morning but hurt like hell swinging a golf club later today. Hopefully it won't stop me from keeping up with the workout regimen.

Squats (with no weight - just the motion) & lunges are starting to get...well, not easier, but I feel like they're more effective because my form is much better. My legs are feeling very strong compared to when we started this. Today I was able to power though several sets where my legs were burning & I wanted to come out of my stance but I didn't. Also, I'm getting much deeper into my squats & when I come up I'm contracting my glutes & it feels like they're almost pushing me upright. It's a sensation I've never had before, so I'm taking it as a sign of progress.

Weight sent in. 194 - so only one pound lost this week.

With six weeks left for this contest, I'm shooting for 2 lb/week - that would get me to 182, so my goal now is to break 180 lb by April 4.

It's time to break out the skinfold calipers & get a % fat measurement. I definitely feel like I'm adding some muscle (in my legs/glutes especially) so I need to set a % body fat goal long term beyond just "X lbs lost". Ideally I want to be 10% or less, but I haven't been that skinny since 6th grade, so we'll see.

I think the best thing about this contest is that my wife & I are working out together & that's been nice. Also, we're not looking at this as a "diet". It's more a lifestyle choice. We both want to make these changes permanent, so I think the change in attitude is probably more important than any temporary number of pounds lost.

Thanks to everyone who posts here & in the weight loss thread & fitness thread. You're a bigger help than you know.

Weight sent in. Up 2/10 of a pound. I guess it could be worse. Here's to another week on the road and hopefully some better choices.

Weigh in complete. Need to step it up some. Posted a loss but I wanted more.

Wow, the stress of competition must have gotten to me haha I'm sub 190 for the first time since 2007!

Thank you #THPKickOffClassic

Down 2.6 this week to keep heading in the right direction. Cutting back on the soda has really helped.

Up 1.8 this week, not good but not as bad as I thought it was gonna be after a weekend of binge eating.

Weight sent. I think I was down about 2 lbs.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Wow, the stress of competition must have gotten to me haha I'm sub 190 for the first time since 2007!

Thank you #THPKickOffClassic
Congrats on the milestone!
Down 2.6 this week to keep heading in the right direction. Cutting back on the soda has really helped.
Keep it up buddy!

Down 1.8 on a bad water consumption week thanks to lots of walking on the course.
5 week total is 20.6

Well just took my morning weigh in and I dropped about a 1.5 lbs. nothing stellar, but after a weekend of poor water consumption and a little slack on food choices I'll take it.

Weigh in completed and reported. Down 1.4 pounds this week. Had hoped for a little more, but at least it's still coming down, albeit slowly.

Weigh in the morning and didn't move an inch. Exactly where I started at the beginning of the week. Not horrible considering lack food choices this weekend. Need to buckle down this week.

Down 1.2 this week. Not quite what I wanted, but not bad, at all.

Back