THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Belated congrats to the 8 guys selected this week.

To everyone trying for the Captains Pick. Welcome to the club from a DC/Carolina hopeful.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Belated congrats to the 8 guys selected this week.

To everyone trying for the Captains Pick. Welcome to the club from a DC/Carolina hopeful.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rob, pulling for you and every other THPer vying for a spot in the Three Regional Rivalrys! So many great people left to represent their Regions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to give some early props to my team. Have sent out to get some thoughts from them on ideas for who will be the 3 picks to join us in our battle against NE. Have gotten back some good well thought out responses. Little over a week and then all shall be revealed.

Have to give some early props to my team. Have sent out to get some thoughts from them on ideas for who will be the 3 picks to join us in our battle against NE. Have gotten back some good well thought out responses. Little over a week and then all shall be revealed.

Not surprised to hear about this, our NY/NJ team so far is full of great guys. Maybe my bribes were going to the wrong place though lol

Not surprised to hear about this, our NY/NJ team so far is full of great guys. Maybe my bribes were going to the wrong place though lol

Still haven't had anything arrive yet hehe

40 degrees and sunny? Time for more Regional Rivalry prep!!

3de6a449a48a0b70893b374e4fb56bf2.jpg

40 degrees and sunny? Time for more Regional Rivalry prep!!

3de6a449a48a0b70893b374e4fb56bf2.jpg

I've been doing tribal dances for weather like that but it's just not happening yet

I've been doing tribal dances for weather like that but it's just not happening yet

Haha glad I'm not the only one!! The Sim is definitely nice but I need to get Maddog outside to get him ready!!

Haha glad I'm not the only one!! The Sim is definitely nice but I need to get Maddog outside to get him ready!!

Lots of time until the end of June, I'll have at least 3 slumps/streaks by then

Very excited to get out this weekend and play!
For the guys already selected; what is your plan to make sure you are "competition ready" come game time? Will you be playing different matches, new courses, creating pressure somehow?

For the guys already selected; what is your plan to make sure you are "competition ready" come game time? Will you be playing different matches, new courses, creating pressure somehow?

My plan is...

1) A lot of practice
2) Playing different courses
3) Try to play some rounds with fellow teammates
4) Try to get into the Cure event happening in May in upstate NY.

My plan is...

1) A lot of practice

Sounds like a good plan. I think there are quite a few others that are eyeing #4 with you.

My plan is...

1) A lot of practice

I have to add one more...

5) Play The Ranch at least once before the event

Sounds like a good plan. I think there are quite a few others that are eyeing #4 with you.

I know. Should be a real fun event.

Hopefully I am in the mix of thoughts. Bethpage is open tomorrow so I will be getting in a round finally.

Right now- lots and lots of putting. Then I'll go about my normal season prep- sped up and focused process though

Right now- lots and lots of putting. Then I'll go about my normal season prep- sped up and focused process though

Anything to simulate the competition (playing in pairs, alt shot, etc) or is that part of your normal season prep?

I'm hitting the range as much as possible and also upping the intensity of my cardio at the gym. I think the aspect of 27 holes in a competitive situation is something to keep in mind when it comes to fatigue.

Once we're able to get in more rounds outside I want to put myself in situations where there's pressure - be it more CallOuts or maybe a few dollars on the line, I need to be familiar with more situations where pressure might affect my decision making and playing.

Anything to simulate the competition (playing in pairs, alt shot, etc) or is that part of your normal season prep?

I've played those formats before at THP events. I've learned the following about alt shot- you play for your partner - not yourself. Each shot is to get your partner into a comfortable position. If you don't completely buy into this, you have no shot.

I've played those formats before at THP events. I've learned the following about alt shot- you play for your partner - not yourself. Each shot is to get your partner into a comfortable position. If you don't completely buy into this, you have no shot.

Great insight, I'm 100% with you there.

I'm not on the team, but I'm playing 3 rounds this weekend:

ecc7136d2ac2ee0a245c52570f7a9a9b.jpg

I have to add one more...

5) Play The Ranch at least once before the event

I know. Should be a real fun event.

Always up to get a round in at the ranch let me know.

I'm not on the team, but I'm playing 3 rounds this weekend:

ecc7136d2ac2ee0a245c52570f7a9a9b.jpg

Always up to get a round in at the ranch let me know.

Slightly envious of your weekend buddy! Pulling for you to make the team too.

I am not on a team but I am prepping like I am. I have been either hitting indoors or at the heated range. Been putting on my birdie ball as well. Hopefully the rest of the snow is gone this weekend so a few courses will open up at the end of next week.

I am not on a team but I am prepping like I am. I have been either hitting indoors or at the heated range. Been putting on my birdie ball as well. Hopefully the rest of the snow is gone this weekend so a few courses will open up at the end of next week.

I see what your doing here Christian.....

#DallasTripPrep

60's both Saturday and Sunday. 2 rounds will be played. Nice little ? match both days to get the competitive juices flowing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back