Interesting Club & Bag Setup Thought - Second Driver

Glad you are digging the new lineup

Here is a look at it

56ae3df72ff417e56fd1d318e28032e5.jpg

5271c8c4a356d65527a06aa6983e52b7.jpg

And the grip I went with
c0c36ba8c9896fd37a0f5226c6dc06c0.jpg

That looks pretty killer! I'm a pretty big fan of the short driver...I just use it exclusively.

Cool little update. Sounds like it's what you were looking for.

Very nice. I'm not a big fan of long shafted drivers.

What's the distance difference between the shorty and your regular gamer?

Very nice. I'm not a big fan of long shafted drivers.

What's the distance difference between the shorty and your regular gamer?

About 20-25 yards.

Here is a look at it

56ae3df72ff417e56fd1d318e28032e5.jpg

5271c8c4a356d65527a06aa6983e52b7.jpg

And the grip I went with
c0c36ba8c9896fd37a0f5226c6dc06c0.jpg
i love the setup here and the colors just made me start thinking of Augusta! And THP of course.

Nice colors.

This setup will hit the course tomorrow again and more feedback coming post round.

This setup is an interesting one. Will you have this with you at club clash?

Maybe. Im not playing, so not sure I will have my bag with me.

Maybe. Im not playing, so not sure I will have my bag with me.

thats cool. Looking forward to your thoughts about this setup. Might have missed it but what effects if any did have going away from the stock setup and it's design to this setup have.?

thats cool. Looking forward to your thoughts about this setup. Might have missed it but what effects if any did have going away from the stock setup and it's design to this setup have.?

Shorter obviously and slightly lower flight.

Wardy and I doing some testing.

b387441c666bc918f524ce3e10337438.jpg

It looks longer than normal in his hands, not shorter. :D

35 on the front. I would say this club is working fine

Looks even cooler with that new shaft in it

Looks even cooler with that new shaft in it

This thing was a machine today.
Wardy saw it first hand. Played a course where it would get used a lot and even pulled it on some holes I normally wouldnt. Nice high flight, super forgiving (he can share more on that) and a distance about 15-20 yards shorter than my driver.

FWIW, gave it a try off the deck for some fun on a extra ball on 17 and absolutely POUNDED it, which surprised me quite a bit. And no, its not something I would normally do.

This thing was a machine today.
Wardy saw it first hand. Played a course where it would get used a lot and even pulled it on some holes I normally wouldnt. Nice high flight, super forgiving (he can share more on that) and a distance about 15-20 yards shorter than my driver.

FWIW, gave it a try off the deck for some fun on a extra ball on 17 and absolutely POUNDED it, which surprised me quite a bit. And no, its not something I would normally do.

Strictly meant for drive ALMOST off the deck

Can confirm, he killed it on the regular. I tried it on one hole just for kicks and put it right beside my driver. The club is basically cheating

This thread makes me want to put my old R9 supertri back in the bag as a second driver. It currently has 43.5" heavier shaft in it. I know I'm getting more distance out of the XR and I'm pretty consistent with it, but my R9 was a great club for me. I felt like I never missed a fairway with it. One thing that doesn't make it ideal is the 9 degree loft, but hearing these results really has me thinking.

I guess the other option is to turn my XR into a 2nd driver. I could turn that thing up to 12.5 degrees and pair it with a 43" shaft. That would allow me to put the 816 DD in the bag as the true big dog.

This thread makes me want to put my old R9 supertri back in the bag as a second driver. It currently has 43.5" heavier shaft in it. I know I'm getting more distance out of the XR and I'm pretty consistent with it, but my R9 was a great club for me. I felt like I never missed a fairway with it. One thing that doesn't make it ideal is the 9 degree loft, but hearing these results really has me thinking.

I guess the other option is to turn my XR into a 2nd driver. I could turn that thing up to 12.5 degrees and pair it with a 43" shaft. That would allow me to put the 816 DD in the bag as the true big dog.
This thread is making me want to grab my old SLDR white (13*) and turn that into my 3 wood

That club looks amazing with the shaft/grip combo!

Can confirm, he killed it on the regular. I tried it on one hole just for kicks and put it right beside my driver. The club is basically cheating

At that point, i'd forget about the idea of the second driver and just throw that in the bag.

At that point, i'd forget about the idea of the second driver and just throw that in the bag.

I still need that off the tee gap though.

Back