Callaway BB 815 Alpha vs Bridgestone J815

ewilk39

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello

Aside from the looks, which will give the best performance? I have the opportunity to get either and would like the thoughts of those in this forum. I believe these are both 2015 models....

I saw better forgiveness and higher launch from the j815. Spin was lower spin with the bb. IMO two solid drivers and if I had to go with one it would be the j815

The J815 was sneaky good, I would go that route. To each their own though, can you hit them both first?

I had a J815 but didn't need the extra launch it provided over the 815 DBD. For me the DBD was the better option but I can see the J815 being better for all but very high ball hitters.

Go swing them both and get what feels right and performs for you. You have things narrowed down so performance review might break a tie but your comfort with swing/sound/feel is the priority now.

If you can't hit either one and are buying blindly, I would try the BB first. It's a very popular head and if you need to move on from it, it may be easier to unload. Other than that advise, you really need to hit both of them.

j815 is a launcher. I struggle with launch and low spin so short carry. this driver is performing great for someone with my needs. I actually don't have a desire to change. I really love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 815, and really kind of regret not grabbing the J815 when I had a chance. I could see myself switching to the Bridgestone if given an opportunity....again.

Both Great drivers, good luck iun deciding which suits your game best.

Sound from the Bridgestone j815 was what kept me from purchase...I own the Callaway 815.

Really no right or wrong answer here. It just depends on the individual to which driver will yield better results.

I have both and really like both as well. The J815 is slightly more forgiving and my misses tend to maintain distance for the most part while the Alpha 815 is just as long with more adjustability. I'm playing the J815 because my worst miss with it is better than with the Alpha, but could play either and be more than satisfied with my tee game.

Back