Tech Talk: Odyssey Stroke Lab Putters

Tech Talk: Odyssey Stroke Lab Putters

Really good video. Had me headed off to the Odyssey site for more on these.

I really enjoyed my Red Ball putter I got at the end of last year. Love the insert and don’t have plans to change it.

But man, that new insert in a Marxman design with the stroke lab tech is screaming to be tried out.

One thing I need to find out is the grip. I usually change my grips out and am enjoying the Tour SNSR now. Not sure if changing the grip on these messes with the whole weight distribution concept behind these putters..

Really good video. Had me headed off to the Odyssey site for more on these.

I really enjoyed my Red Ball putter I got at the end of last year. Love the insert and don’t have plans to change it.

But man, that new insert in a Marxman design with the stroke lab tech is screaming to be tried out.

One thing I need to find out is the grip. I usually change my grips out and am enjoying the Tour SNSR now. Not sure if changing the grip on these messes with the whole weight distribution concept behind these putters..

That Marxman looks legit!

Weight wise is as long as the grip weighs 105gms you are good and won’t mess up the concept.

That Marxman looks legit!

Weight wise is as long as the grip weighs 105gms you are good and won’t mess up the concept.

Yeah, of all the ones I saw on their site that one really popped out to me. Just the type of head shape I’ve been gravitating towards for the last few years.

Good to know about the grip. The Tour SNSR comes in at around 124gms so a little heavy I guess. But, who knows, maybe the stock grip would feel good to me too.

Just what I need this year, another club to add to my wishlist lol. Irons first, then wedge, but I will roll this one at some point.

Yeah, of all the ones I saw on their site that one really popped out to me. Just the type of head shape I’ve been gravitating towards for the last few years.

Good to know about the grip. The Tour SNSR comes in at around 124gms so a little heavy I guess. But, who knows, maybe the stock grip would feel good to me too.

Just what I need this year, another club to add to my wishlist lol. Irons first, then wedge, but I will roll this one at some point.

I’d definitely give the stock grip a chance, I was using a Tour SNSR on my last putter, and the stock grip is working well for me.

Thanks for putting this together! I had no idea all the considerations to take into account when designing putters. The part about changing materials to get the feel of the "nubs" just right was crazy to me. Requires some very detail-oriented people.

Wow there is a ton of info in that video! Loved the explanation of how the shaft came to be and how/why they changed the face. Definitely need to give these a roll

I’d definitely give the stock grip a chance, I was using a Tour SNSR on my last putter, and the stock grip is working well for me.

Good to know. I’m using the contour. Which one where you using?

What a great video. The Stroke Lab concept is so cool to me - it is simultaneous sophisticated and simple. I had no idea how much had gone into the face. I have been weary of inserts and not played them forever because they are too soft. I remember thinking I was very wrong about that on Day 1 when gaming the #7, it felt great to me. Now I know why.

So much info packed into that video, I will be watching this 2-3 times to remember everything again. Especially intrigued by the research and design of the face and how they had to even adjust the steel being used on the insert to accommodate for a better sound. This Stroke Lab technology will be turning a lot of heads this year!

It all sounds great, but then again they are in the business of selling putters. I will be curious to see how these putters perform over time compared to “conventional” putters.

It all sounds great, but then again they are in the business of selling putters. I will be curious to see how these putters perform over time compared to “conventional” putters.

12 or 13 of us have been gaming them for about 2 months. Not one of us has switched away from Stroke Lab. It really does work.

How awesome is it that a putter guru's name is "Rollinson".

The technology sounds great, but, it sounds like a putter, you should test before buying. I look forward to giving one a try.

The technology sounds great, but, it sounds like a putter, you should test before buying. I look forward to giving one a try.

People should get fitted or try the putters to find the correct model, neck, grip, etc., for them and their stroke. And if by some unlikely chance they can't find a combination that works for their stroke (highly unlikely), fine, don't buy one. But that aside I think people would be doing themselves a real disservice to ignore the Stroke Lab technology. It just works.

People should get fitted or try the putters to find the correct model, neck, grip, etc., for them and their stroke. And if by some unlikely chance they can't find a combination that works for their stroke (highly unlikely), fine, don't buy one. But that aside I think people would be doing themselves a real disservice to ignore the Stroke Lab technology. It just works.

To the bolded, I feel about this release like I did the Tank Cruiser line. It introduced me to the counter balance putters and the heavier weight really helped stabilize my stroke.

I know this one isn’t counter balancing and is totally different, but when Austie puts out technology like this you have to try it out at least.

Yep. That’s contour. The pretty red and black one :)
I was using the SNSR Contour on my O-Works 1 before switching to the Stroke Lab Three, and while I have been curious about the SNSR combined with the Stroke Lab, I haven't really missed it. I like the feel and size of the Stroke Lab grip and got used to it rather quickly.

How awesome is it that a putter guru's name is "Rollinson".
100% awesome! :D

To the bolded, I feel about this release like I did the Tank Cruiser line. It introduced me to the counter balance putters and the heavier weight really helped stabilize my stroke.

I know this one isn’t counter balancing and is totally different, but when Austie puts out technology like this you have to try it out at least.

Yeah but only if you want to potentially improve your tempo and therefore putt better. ;-)

Steel and graphite, the best of both worlds.

The head weights increasing from 300 to 360 is crazy.

I didn’t know that all of the great putters like Faxon and Crenshaw used light putters

I really need a Stroke Lab shaft in my Exo

Also where can I get that Odyssey sweater

Steel and graphite, the best of both worlds.

The head weights increasing from 300 to 360 is crazy.

I didn’t know that all of the great putters like Faxon and Crenshaw used light putters

I really need a Stroke Lab shaft in my Exo

Also where can I get that Odyssey sweater

Haha I don’t know. I am working on Odyssey Experience stuff, so will ask Sean and Austie.

I really enjoyed this. We obviously heard the tech story out in Carlsbad, but I hadn't been aware of the Japanese line with the lighter weight steel shaft. I'm a believer in the tech having used it a bit. Really interesting to get a bit more history of how it all came together.

I really enjoyed this. We obviously heard the tech story out in Carlsbad, but I hadn't been aware of the Japanese line with the lighter weight steel shaft. I'm a believer in the tech having used it a bit. Really interesting to get a bit more history of how it all came together.

I didn’t know that story either.

So been reading through both threads. Can I put this shaft in my EXO 7s with weighted grip? Very cool putter and will have to try when I see them in store.

So been reading through both threads. Can I put this shaft in my EXO 7s with weighted grip? Very cool putter and will have to try when I see them in store.

I’m honestly not sure. If the headweight is right I’d think so, but the headweight needs to be right.

Back