Callaway Apex CF19 vs Ping G410 irons?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have any thoughts how these two sets of irons would compare or seen any comparisons between them? I've played the Ping i500's and Callaway CF16's and liked them both. Ping was more consistent distance wise and dispersion, but CF16's were almost as good.

Hit them both side by side last week. I enjoyed both. With no effort I could send the G410 7 iron 170 yards, super easy to get airborne, dispersion was good, and feel was pretty good. (I played the CF16 and loved the distance just hated the inconsistency with random flyers) and the CF19 didn't give me that issue. Maybe not as easy to launch as the G410 but you'd never know if you hit them at different times. I liked the CF19 just as well as the G410 and the feel was better. The problem for the CF19 is the CF19 Pro is just as easy to hit, felt better, was easier for ME to launch, very workable, and would force me to split the set and only use from 5 iron down in the CF19. Would I pay to change from what I have? No. The appeal of having the newest irons is strong, especially with the Apex 19 hybrid (best club I've ever hit) but I can't say the Apex pro would do anything I can't already do. Hope this helps.

wouldn't a better comparison be between big bertha irons and G410?

wouldn't a better comparison be between big bertha irons and G410?

I would think it would be more g410 and Rogue TBH. Would think Big Bertha would align more with g700

I would think it would be more g410 and Rogue TBH. Would think Big Bertha would align more with g700

That makes sense. Was thinking new release but rogue makes more sense than BB.

I like to know more about G410.
I’m considering Mizuno 919HM. Too low spin to play. Previous played CF16 and I didn’t see any better result with CF19. CF16 was one of the best I’ve tried. Didn’t experience flyers like some others mentioned. CF16 replaced G400. Size of the head was uncomfortable to look at. But result was excellent. G410 suppose to be G400 on diet and if the performance is similar as G400. I think I would enjoy playing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would the CF19 be more comparable to the Ping i500? Just curious because I'm playing the i500 now and looking hard at the CF19.

Hit them both side by side last week. I enjoyed both. With no effort I could send the G410 7 iron 170 yards, super easy to get airborne, dispersion was good, and feel was pretty good. (I played the CF16 and loved the distance just hated the inconsistency with random flyers) and the CF19 didn't give me that issue. Maybe not as easy to launch as the G410 but you'd never know if you hit them at different times. I liked the CF19 just as well as the G410 and the feel was better. The problem for the CF19 is the CF19 Pro is just as easy to hit, felt better, was easier for ME to launch, very workable, and would force me to split the set and only use from 5 iron down in the CF19. Would I pay to change from what I have? No. The appeal of having the newest irons is strong, especially with the Apex 19 hybrid (best club I've ever hit) but I can't say the Apex pro would do anything I can't already do. Hope this helps.

Very interesting... especially the "feel better" on the CF19. I don't have any trouble getting my irons in the air. For me, it's all about getting a little more distance.

Back