Most embarrassing moment on course?

fitz_22

Reaction score
What could possibly be more embarrassing than this? Swing and a miss on the 1st tee with a crowd watching? Missing a 6 inch putt? Anyone got anything?!

I am big Red Sox fan and absolutely love Mookie Betts. This is too funny! Imagine the grief he is going to get in the locker room.

Oh No!

Having the shanks for two days straight at the Gauntlet.

Never had the shanks in 20+ years of playing this game and then all of a sudden I couldn't hit a ball forward for two days.

Hit a drive that I think landed in the pool at Reunion, that was pretty embarrassing. Also drove way left into the range at the Gauntlet. I was so freaking embarrassed at that one.

Never had the shanks in 20+ years of playing this game and then all of a sudden I couldn't hit a ball forward for two days.

You were a rock star in the bunker with RFC with no warmup though.

I took like an 8 or 10 on the first hole of our county am one year in front of about 50 people. Tee shot hit a tee marker and came back at me to start things off.

First tournament I played in at my home course, I needed a ride back to the tee from the pro to re- tee - not once but twice on the same par 5. I carded a 12. Posted a 93. In the Scratch division. That hole was a train wreck. Never mind I messed up everyone else's hole and round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing a round with strangers at Badlands in Las Vegas a couple years ago. Blew my tee ball way right. Fairway is lined with houses...hit the roof of first house and bounced about 30 feet in the air and hit 2nd house on the roof. Sensing my embarrassment, one of the gents piped up " breakfast ball my friend, tee up another one." I wanted to crawl under a rock.

First tournament I played in at my home course, I needed a ride back to the tee from the pro to re- tee - not once but twice on the same par 5. I carded a 12. Posted a 93. In the Scratch division. That hole was a train wreck. Never mind I messed up everyone else's hole and round

I did that last year, but not in the scratch division.... lol. Carded a 14 on the hole. Learned: if you think it might be gone... even if you think you could find it... hit a provisional... because if you blast your next shot in the same place like I did with my next two, if they're provisionals, you can keep reloading until you get one that's playable.... unless you're on television where the camera will find the one in the woods like it did with Kevin Na.

And in the post above, you still hit a provisional, because there is a possibility that it could have bounced back in bounds. Possibility... not likelihood. Just to give you a chance in case you blast another one out of bounds.

probably when i snapped a club over my knee in front of my grandfather many moons ago. i'll never forget the look on his face. instant regret

i've been embarrassed by on-the-course play, particularly at liita last year in the first round. i just couldn't do anything well. i also remember talking about golf a lot with a new referral source, so he invited me to play with two of his clients, and i played horribly. those two stand out pretty well.

I've got two, both happened while playing on the high school golf team.

My Freshman year, in my first varsity match I just about whiffed off the first tee. I recovered with a nailed 3 wood and managed to save bogey, but I'm sure the coach was second guessing his decision to put me on the team.

Later, at the end of that season I managed to finish just outside of the top 10 at one of our big regional competitions. I shot an 84, which on the surface doesn't seem so bad. The embarrassing part is that I had 50 putts that round (14 greens 3 putted). I had one of those nearly perfect ball striking days and just couldn't get anything in the hole. With anything remotely resembling decent putting I probably would've been under par and been the medalist.

You were an awesome teammate. Although we felt for you, it really wasn't any big deal. You did a great job of managing your frustration and were a blast to be around.

I was playing in a 2 day net scoring tournament near Atlantic City in 2003. To 'keep it fair' to everybody... the pairings were completely random. I was a 23 handicap (give or take) and I got paired with a guy who was a 2 handicap. He was light years better than I was, and off most tees, he was 50-70 yards beyond me... sometimes more.

On a shorter par 5, I was hoping to make up some lost strokes. I watched as the 2 handicap blasted a drive and left himself maybe 180 to the hole. I was hoping to get it to within 220, which would mean I could go at it with a 3 wood. I swung about as hard as I could... and completely whiffed. The ball didn't even wobble on the tee.

I then proceeded to top my next shot into the hazard just left of the tee... blow the next one out of bounds... and I took a 13 (for a smooth net 12) on the hole when all was said and done.

That sucked pretty bad.

I hit a nasty pull/hook drive and managed to hit the beer cart girl while she was serving players on the fairway left of my hole, thankfully the ball just rolled up and hit her on the foot.

This was only relayed to me, and I don't know the guy. Anyway, this guy is reading his putt on the edge of an island green. Like many of us do, he's reading the line from behind the ball, and backs off a bit to get a better read, and then backs off some more....

Till he runs out of green and falls backwards into the water.

Getting caught peeing behind a tree by the drink girl:embarrassed:

I've got a couple and both were behavior related, I guess we all need some sort of demons to keep us from repeating the mistakes.

Most embarrassing moment on course?

I did that last year, but not in the scratch division.... lol. Carded a 14 on the hole. Learned: if you think it might be gone... even if you think you could find it... hit a provisional... because if you blast your next shot in the same place like I did with my next two, if they're provisionals, you can keep reloading until you get one that's playable.... unless you're on television where the camera will find the one in the woods like it did with Kevin Na.

And in the post above, you still hit a provisional, because there is a possibility that it could have bounced back in bounds. Possibility... not likelihood. Just to give you a chance in case you blast another one out of bounds.

The crazy thing was the pro was on the tee with me and agreed BOTH times that we should find it- and convinced me I didn't need to hit a provisional haha

Back