Michigan hackers, check in here

Just saw JB said winners will be announced around 5:15ish Good luck to everyone!!!!

Congrats to those selected! Practice hard and get your games ready to take down Ohio!

Michigan hackers, check in here

I should probably buy a lotto ticket today. Between winning the golf membership, finding out I'm getting moved to GR for work (no more 1:15 commute), and now getting into RR, idk how this day could get much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats fellas!!
Do work, play many different courses, and get those handicaps squared up!

Congrats Team Michigan... 4 happy guys I would bet... I feel like I shot my dog with a butt hurt cannon..the upside is I don't have a dog...Glad Captains picks are still out there..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 of us left, for 3 picks. Tough job Jdtox. I definitely dont envy you. All would be good choices and great teammates.

Now I'm off to airdrop in some cocktails (Hopslam?) to your cruise ship for some bribery.

Congrats Team Michigan... 4 happy guys I would bet... I feel like I shot my dog with a butt hurt cannon..the upside is I don't have a dog...Glad Captains picks are still out there..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Think it's harder for us than Ohio to be honest since its such a small group and almost everyone will make it in but for a few. Brutal

Congrats to the guys who made it up there!

Just reminding everyone that my Firestone offer still stands for the weekend of the Regional rivalry. Possibly Friday for people who don't make it and Sunday as well if for some crazy reason I'm a captains pick.

For those of us feeling a little down at the moment, this is a solid bit of news. Really hope it pans out

Quicken Loans finalizing details for match between McIlroy and Fowler that would be played June 7 at Detroit Golf Club.

A person with knowledge of the negotiations tells The Associated Press that Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler are poised for a prime-time golf exhibition. Quicken Loans is finalizing details for a match between McIlroy and Fowler that would be played June 7 under the lights at Detroit Golf Club. It would be televised live by Golf Channel and CBS.The person spoke the AP on Monday on condition of anonymity because the match has not been announced. The first two hours would be televised live by Golf Channel, followed by the 9-11 p.m. slot shown live on CBS. It was not clear how many holes would be broadcast under the lights. Unlike the Monday night matches involving Tiger Woods in 1999 and 2000, there would be a celebrity component with this exhibition. The person said it would be “Team Rory” against “Team Rickie.”

Just hit some balls at Carls. Little chilly, but not awful. Their Demo Days have begun on Saturdays, and think their "coupons" have already started. They aren't great but can save you a few bucks, especially on higher priced items.

Still pretty pumped about the Rory-Rickie match and definitely going to try to attend. Hope the "celebrities" are actually good golfers, I saw enough of Bill Murray and Chris Berman etc last week.

Justin Timerblake and Mark Wahlberg are the celebrities. Pretty sure JT claims he is like a 2, and Wahlberg is around a 14 or 15 I think. Not what I was hoping for to be honest. But it will help move the needle for the non die hard golfers.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/just...ime-exhibition

Congrats to those selected! Practice hard and get your games ready to take down Ohio!

Yes, do what your football team can't... (unless you're a State fan, then carry on :banghead:)

I'm going. Period. I don't care what I have to do, I will do it.

Will be interesting to see what happens with tickets. I might have a few ins for it, will keep you in the loop if so. Although my first ticket might have to go to Captain Jdtox to grease the wheels a bit.

You guys play DGC before? Its a fun track, always in good shape. An old Donald Ross design they restored all the way to drawings a few years ago. Have played it a few times. Course is very flat though and not overly long. Rory and Rickie will light the place up I think.

Will be interesting to see what happens with tickets. I might have a few ins for it, will keep you in the loop if so. Although my first ticket might have to go to Captain Jdtox to grease the wheels a bit.

You guys play DGC before? Its a fun track, always in good shape. An old Donald Ross design they restored all the way to drawings a few years ago. Have played it a few times. Course is very flat though and not overly long. Rory and Rickie will light the place up I think.

I've never played it.

And thanks for remembering others!

I've never played it.

And thanks for remembering others!

Of course. DGC has been trying to get a tour event for a few years I guess with no luck. Although a lot of their own members dont even want one because they think it would embarrass the course to watch the pros just destroy it. The new rumor is that Oakland University is trying to get one. I think thats more feasible at least. They have 2 tracks, and the Scharf course there is great.

I'd love to get a tour event back here. Went to the Buick Open a few times back in the day and loved it. Will definitely be going to watch the US Amateur at Oakland Hills next year.

Of course. DGC has been trying to get a tour event for a few years I guess with no luck. Although a lot of their own members dont even want one because they think it would embarrass the course to watch the pros just destroy it. The new rumor is that Oakland University is trying to get one. I think thats more feasible at least. They have 2 tracks, and the Scharf course there is great.

I'd love to get a tour event back here. Went to the Buick Open a few times back in the day and loved it. Will definitely be going to watch the US Amateur at Oakland Hills next year.

I am going to the amateur as well. I played Oakland Hills in the fall & the pro shop is loaded with nice SWAG for the event.

I would love to go to both the US Amateur, and The DGC event.

I received an email today, that a course in GR is looking to be open this weekend, which would leave me to believe some more courses in less snow covered areas may be open, anyone up for a round?

I would love to go to both the US Amateur, and The DGC event.

Definitely plan to hit up the Amateur, we'll get a group. Tickets are very cheap I believe, if you have to pay at all.

I received an email today, that a course in GR is looking to be open this weekend, which would leave me to believe some more courses in less snow covered areas may be open, anyone up for a round?

I may....

I am going to the amateur as well. I played Oakland Hills in the fall & the pro shop is loaded with nice SWAG for the event.

Awesome. First time playing there? greens are pretty tricky eh? and the rough is just brutal.

Justin Timerblake and Mark Wahlberg are the celebrities. Pretty sure JT claims he is like a 2, and Wahlberg is around a 14 or 15 I think. Not what I was hoping for to be honest. But it will help move the needle for the non die hard golfers.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/just...ime-exhibition

Was talking about this event with JRex and we are both thinking of trying to find tickets for this.

Back