THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Yeah I missed sign ups also. Dumb work. 6am till 9pm on Monday. Texted Mike like still open. "Nope ended few hours ago" oops.
You do have a better reason though.

Assuming you weren't drunk and sleeping at work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to point out nowhere did I say anything about work or being drunk at it or sleeping during.

As to what I did today to gt better I did a bunch of left hand only swings then 2 handed focusing on having a good follow through with full extension not letting the left wrist break down and get a little flippy.

I plan on taking a full day, 2 round trip (possibly with other Team Michigan members) and maybe another round that Friday before to get familiar with the course.

I'm not too worried about that just yet, more worried about how my swing is going to be coming out of the dead of winter. I'll be lucky to be half #JspangsLong

You want some company let me know! I am in to get to familiarize ourselves with the course, prior to whooping Ohio on their home turf.

Good morning everyone!
What did you do today or plan to do so your team has success?
Worked on putting for almost an hour. Signed up for a gym membership, gotta try to lose some weight and get in better shape. And planned a trip to the range for tomorrow.

Worked on putting for almost an hour. Signed up for a gym membership, gotta try to lose some weight and get in better shape. And planned a trip to the range for tomorrow.
The best side effect of having a goal in sight is the health benefits and new norms that come from it. We have seen THP events help motivate people like no other, which is truly special, and it can change lives on different levels. Very excited to see what people can become in 4 short months!

so how many of the Ohio guys on the team have played boulder before?

I've played it a few times. GroupGolfer.com sometimes has reduced rates. If a deal pops up I'll post it here.

I plan on taking a full day, 2 round trip (possibly with other Team Michigan members) and maybe another round that Friday before to get familiar with the course.

I'm not too worried about that just yet, more worried about how my swing is going to be coming out of the dead of winter. I'll be lucky to be half #JspangsLong
I'm up for playing boulder when you guys come down.

I've played it a few times. GroupGolfer.com sometimes has reduced rates. If a deal pops up I'll post it here.

Might be better to have it posted in the regional threads. Might get a bigger group to go that way and it keeps this thread clear of regional discussion.

Hit up the simulator today after work. Swing was pretty good for not swinging in a few weeks. Was thinking about this event and how fun it's going to be prepping for it. Reminded me of the prep I put in for TheGrandaddy, and anything that reminds me of that is a good thing.

With the slight warm up this weekend, whose going to try and make it outside to golf? If not this weekend when are you shooting for your golf season to start? For those that do make it out, what are you looking for from your game? Are you just going to use it as a round to see where your game is at? Or use it as a round of work on some things.

Myself personally, I am heading outside Saturday for a round of golf in the warm weather. I'm am basically going to use this as a round to see where my swing is at going into the season. I've added 10 lbs since last season so I hope it didn't change anything in my swing.

Lots of snow here, not sure if it all melts in time.

Luckily i'll be in Bama and have 3 rounds set, cant wait!

Some snow left here. Will see how Saturday goes and if it's a muddy mess.

Demo Days at Carl's Golfland starts this weekend so that is where you'll find me on Saturday!

I'll be hitting all the newest gear to see what wants to make it's way into my bag this year.

With the slight warm up this weekend, whose going to try and make it outside to golf? If not this weekend when are you shooting for your golf season to start? For those that do make it out, what are you looking for from your game? Are you just going to use it as a round to see where your game is at? Or use it as a round of work on some things.

Myself personally, I am heading outside Saturday for a round of golf in the warm weather. I'm am basically going to use this as a round to see where my swing is at going into the season. I've added 10 lbs since last season so I hope it didn't change anything in my swing.

it will be too wet if all the snow melts... maybe out door range time.

Lots of snow here, not sure if it all melts in time.

Luckily i'll be in Bama and have 3 rounds set, cant wait!

Good luck down there! I'd hate for you to lose 2 THP events in a 4 month period.

Last edited:
Good luck down there! I'd hate for you to lose 2 THP events in a 4 month period.

Big words

Dont worry that wont happen

I think it'll be too wet here to play, but my indoor simulator league should be starting next week. Until then it's putting & reps in the basement, & resistance training & stretching program continues.

I will be trying to get out this weekend for some #RR prep. Need to get the reps in. Get the score down so I can kick some Mi butt!

Got message from my home course they will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm sure it will be CPO. Will play Friday after work and Sunday for sure. If I can find somewhere open in Dayton, Saturday then will play Saturday as well. Got to get my #THPRegionalRivalry prep

Back