Fujikura ATMOS iron shafts

phoffer

Resident ONE Length Guy
Reaction score
Handicap
improving
Since there isn't a thread here, and it's darn near impossible to find information on these elsewhere, including Fujikura's site and 2019 catalog, I thought I'd start something here.

f9-irn-atmos.jpg

There are also Red and Orange variants, although I can't get the images to fit correctly here. As far as I can tell, the only OEMs using these are Cobra in the F9 (standard, pictured) and TaylorMade in the M4 (Red) and M6 (Orange).

I'm getting these shafts via the Morgan Cup, so I'll keep this second post updated with overall feedback/info as I go, and give periodic updates as normal thread replies.

From the fitting sessions I've had with them and the F9s, they feel really great to hit. They are very light (60/63/66 grams L/R/S), but swings are consistent and feel very controlled. During my shaft testing, I was searching for something with higher spin and also higher descent angle. These barely beat out KBS $-taper (talk about opposite shafts), and easily beat out other shafts that are stock options for Cobra's irons.

I got my irons about a week ago, and have gotten in 2 full rounds and about 10 hours of hitting off a mat. The feel is great with these. No more bone-rattling on bad swings, but I can still feel even the slightest off-center hit and know where it was. Interestingly, it's much better than the steel shafts I had in the previous generation of my iron set. I'm not sure how much is shaft and how much is head, but there's a big difference between them.

Aside from feel, these things swing so easily. It really makes me focus on swinging smoothly and on-balance, because they come right through and any over-swinging becomes obvious.

I got my irons about a week ago, and have gotten in 2 full rounds and about 10 hours of hitting off a mat. The feel is great with these. No more bone-rattling on bad swings, but I can still feel even the slightest off-center hit and know where it was. Interestingly, it's much better than the steel shafts I had in the previous generation of my iron set. I'm not sure how much is shaft and how much is head, but there's a big difference between them.

Aside from feel, these things swing so easily. It really makes me focus on swinging smoothly and on-balance, because they come right through and any over-swinging becomes obvious.

Solid feedback, excited to get my 4i Friday

The Atmos red R flex has a weight of 65 grams and a torque of 5.0. I went on the Fuji site and looked in their 2018 catalog and found this under Atmos 6. They don't show it as an iron shaft but I have an M4 that I'm testing. My current shaft is a Recoil f3 has a weight of 69 grams and a torque of 4.1. I played a couple of nines with the M4 and the Fuji red is definitely has more flex than the Recoil. I'm coming from CF16's. Unfortunately the shaft is not for my swing. I'm still looking for that elusive set.

Solid feedback, excited to get my 4i Friday

Did you go ATMOS? I thought you went with something a little more exotic and well known

Did you go ATMOS? I thought you went with something a little more exotic and well known

??? What would that be?

Haha now I’m not sure I could have sworn I went stock atmos.

Full disclosure in the fall whatever the shaft in there is getting swapped out for some PX/TT goodness

I've been playing more frequently with these, and I haven't been sore or anything after a round yet, even 2 rounds in 2 days. I'm feeling great about playing so much next week for the Morgan Cup.

Glad you are enjoying them, @Phoffer.

Just to drop back in, I played 81 holes of golf in 4 days during the Morgan Cup, and I didn't feel a thing afterwards. I feel like I could play over and over and never feel sore now.

Just to drop back in, I played 81 holes of golf in 4 days during the Morgan Cup, and I didn't feel a thing afterwards. I feel like I could play over and over and never feel sore now.
Definitely can not say the same. I want to go graphite.

Anyone have additional feedback? Looking at these in M5s or the Tensei Reds
Please chime in thank you

I removed my Atmos the minute I took the M6 out for a test drive. Just a shaft line I have never gotten along with and there are so many good choices out there.

I removed my Atmos the minute I took the M6 out for a test drive. Just a shaft line I have never gotten along with and there are so many good choices out there.
I assume that is because you have a fast swing speed and a lower handicap (you don't list that in your bio)?
With that said, the M6 comes with the Orange shaft (I have the regular shaft, 10.5 degree head) that will not be optimum for you or any other fast swinger (say 95mph and above).

Here is the Orange shaft specs which are perfect for me at 90mph swing speed, but I would not recommend them to a better swinger.Atmos Orange m6-driver-specs.png

Last edited:
I’m not an exceptionally fast swinger. I just find the EI profile of the Atmos lineup not to my liking. Hell I dont think Fuji even lists these on their website. So many really good graphite options, this one gets yanked quickly by me. I’m sure others will like it though.

I still love mine but I'd suggest you hit them if possible. Also, I'm playing Atmos Black, I don't know about the Orange (although it might be better for me ironically).

Back