Ping Adaptors - right vs. left handed

J9293

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering how to tell if you have a left or right handed Ping adaptor for a G400 series?

I believe the big + becomes the big - if you play a left handed adaptor in a right handed club but how does the neutral setting work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm not 100% positive, but I think if it is left-handed the circle marking will have a cross-hash pattern in it rather than being empty. At least that is how they used to do it when I last had a Ping (G25).

s-l1600.jpg

up/flat remain the same, + and - (loft up and down) get reversed

if you spin it around and look carefully (easy on a wall) you can see how the hosel bends to change the face angle

up/flat remain the same, + and - (loft up and down) get reversed

if you spin it around and look carefully (easy on a wall) you can see how the hosel bends to change the face angle

I’ll try looking at it against a wall like you suggested. 1 degree changes are hard for me to tell looking down at the club!

I figured it out using pictures from used clubs being sold on online.

If you hold the club with the adaptor facing up then on a LEFT HANDED adaptor the position on the RIGHT side of the Ping logo (neutral) is -1.

d3140768f3e17a0ac8f28a684b5d1eae.jpg

If you hold the club with the adaptor facing up then on a RIGHT HANDED adaptor the position on the LEFT side of the Ping logo (neutral) is -1.

bba999dd4369d3a9026b4a15b4eef11d.jpg

Back