Spring - golf weather looking up here

GoldenBuff

slow horse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This forecast might look like hell on earth for some of you, but as a golfer in this mountain corner of the world, I am very, very happy. We might be able to do something golf-like in early March. For one thing, we are driving on pavement (versus snow/ice) for the first time since November. In a few places were are starting to see terra firma.

There are downsides to a warmer than average spring and early melt here. Snowpack = water storage, and timing of snow melt by even a few weeks has significant summer water availabllity consequences. But for today I am going to ignore that and let my inner golfer whoop it up!

forecast.png

I've got 2 courses open here now (I'm just a tad west - northwest of you) and yesterday afternoon I was wearing a t-shirt outside. Unfortunately the good came and went just as fast but I'm going to find some guys and try and get out this weekend. We're getting more wet weather than normal and it's bringing down the snow pack.

Live in Denver and got 18 in this afternoon. I think we hit 68 degrees or so today. Craziness!!

I wish it was going to be that nice this weekend by me.

I wish it was going to be that nice this weekend by me.

Same here. 50's for a couple of day but windy, plus we have snow to melt. It will be April at the soonest for me I'd guess which is normal.

55ish and breezy here on Friday in Grand Rapids, Mi which should help melt the little snow we have and dry out the course somewhat. Then 45 on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get out and play this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna be 65 here on Sunday in NC. Last weekend was mid to low thirties.

I can't complain about the weather living in N. California but I am looking forward to daylight savings which is only 23 days away. By that time the average high here will be 67 and I'll be able to play golf after work until 7:30 pm. Lat night I got booted off the range at 5:10 pm.

The golfer in me is pumped up for the warm weather moving in but the ice fisherman in me is screaming NOOOOOOOO!

The golfer in me is pumped up for the warm weather moving in but the ice fisherman in me is screaming NOOOOOOOO!

I grew up ice fishing in Wisconsin but haven't been since my late 20's. It one of the many things I miss about Minnesota/Wisconsin. Looking forward to doing it again - we are building a home on Gull Lake in a couple years and the ice fishing will be right out my back door!

83 here today, but REALLY windy, 70 tomorrow, 68 on Saturday and 57 on Sunday....that's a heck of an end of February for us! I'm hoping to at least hit some balls on the next 4 days.

Good luck with getting out there for yourselves!

A couple of weeks ago we hit the 50's here in VT. Unheard of for this time of year when we're usually getting 12-15 inches of snow dumped on us. Last week was a cold one and we've since gotten enough snow to cover the grass that had started to show itself. Looks like it will start around 30 degrees the rest of this month and by the middle-end of March start hitting the 40s to melt this white stuff.

There is a chance we can hit balls at an outdoor driving range -- that's all we have -- as early as next weekend. West out into the the valley they get less snow, and I plan to drive out today to a course to poke around their golf shop and get some beta. If these temps continue we could conceivably get on the course in a few weeks. We will get more snow, often getting snow into June, but those can melt out fairly quickly.

It's starting to look like I might be playing some practice rounds very soon.

Woo hoo, I am going to the play for the first time this Friday! Hacking and bouncing a ball around frozen but mostly snow free earth will be a good release for all this pent up golf energy.

Back