TaylorMade Spider X Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Been waiting on something on these with seeing them on tour and some of the TM guys instagrams for a bit now.

Massive shape improvement just by altering the rear of the putter, makes for a much more streamlined look for sure. Curious to feel the insert, thicker could mean less clicky, or not.

First I can’t believe spider has been out for over a decade! Wow. Second, redesign looks fantastic I like the alignment and the way they moved the weighting plus it’s blue! Definitely will be giving this one a roll

Tech story reminds me a little of what Titleist was saying with the 718 AP2 having higher MOI than some prior version AP1s. OEMs continue to incorporate lighter materials across the gamut of products.

I do prefer the shape of these. Think it's a natural evolution for TaylorMade. I'm sure these will be successful.

these look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the colors.

This is a good looking putter and the new design turned out better than expected. I'm sure the TM Spider players will naturally gravitate to this one.

I like the look! Will have to give it a try when available!! Always looking for putting help!

Like both the looks and the tech

A definite improvement over the other Spider models I’ve seen. Looks-wise I think it’s actually pretty good looking, and the weight options are substantial, overall I’m pretty impressed. TM hasn’t ever been a name that comes up in my putter searching, but this is something I could maybe game, depending on how it worked for me.

Love that Blue color!

Have always liked the Spider. The customization is really cool. Not in the market myself, but if I was, it would be on the short list for sure.

Always liked the look of these putters. Probably not in the market for anything new this year - but I'll try them out if I see them.

I like them and I really like that blue. Would be interested to try out the adjustments made to the insert against the spider I have. Kind of sounds more like the older white hot inserts from Odyssey (which would be great).

I like the looks and the color.

This little Spyder does look a lot better. But I just couldn’t spend $349 bucks on a putter. It’s awesome but I just can’t.

I just put my spider tour in play Sunday after quite a few rounds with the Odyssey 2mcs. The weight of the spider was definitely preferred, especially on these slower greens..

Still going to have to have a shootout between the two, but maybe eventually I look at these new spiders as there's a lot of things I liked in the review/write up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This will be going into the bag. Can’t wait! Thankfully not too far away!

I think it looks better than the Spider Mini. Big fan of the Copper and Blue options too. I've been really hit and miss with some TM inserts over the last 6-7 years, so I will certainly have to give it a roll prior to making a jump.

Solid write-up. I want to try the New Pure Roll insert and compare it my Exo - the looks are great in the Blue and white. Is it really a worldwide phenomenon?

I really like the large white alignment line

This is a great compromise between the Spider and mini, it may be the perfect size. I'm really digging that blue but I really hope they have fixed the paint chipping issues that have been pretty common on the other models.

This is a great compromise between the Spider and mini, it may be the perfect size. I'm really digging that blue but I really hope they have fixed the paint chipping issues that have been pretty common on the other models.

That will be big. I had some paint issues on my MySpider pretty quickly.

Solid write-up. I want to try the New Pure Roll insert and compare it my Exo - the looks are great in the Blue and white. Is it really a worldwide phenomenon?

depends how you look at it. They brought out an ugly looking putter that was white(since has changed) and it's been their number 1 model seller? I'll say sure

I'm actually digging the copper model that Rick Shiels had in his review.

Back