Nike pushing for tights on the PGA Tour?

I think I'm wearing my ColdGear tights under shorts next time I play...just to see what happens.

:popcorn:

Haha.
I feel like I should wear them at the Grandaddy. Easy to pick a team since nobody would want to be seen with me, right? :angel:

I've tried lots of different compression clothing and a company called Opedix makes the best stuff for the legs, at least for me. I've been through surgery on both knees, including ACL replacement, and these tights really work.

http://www.opedix.com/about

I have no idea if these "tights" will help people but since my ACL surgery almost 5 years, my entire left leg has never been the same. If I play basketball or any other high intensity sport, my leg feels SO much better with compression of some kind.

My legs always give out on me before anything else and when they get tired, it's hook central for me. If these helped in any way, I'd be all over it! If people don't like it, not my problem

Under pants for sure if they make you more comfortable, but with shorts......you have to be really forward thinking. Now the Puma high tops I will try, but again with pants or maybe Euro shorts:bomb:

I've tried lots of different compression clothing and a company called Opedix makes the best stuff for the legs, at least for me. I've been through surgery on both knees, including ACL replacement, and these tights really work.

http://www.opedix.com/about

Its a shame you cant wear them at your club. :D

Under pants for sure if they make you more comfortable, but with shorts......you have to be really forward thinking. Now the Puma high tops I will try, but again with pants or maybe Euro shorts:bomb:

What are euro shorts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Its a shame you cant wear them at your club. :D

If you only knew! It was a very big deal when they started allowing jeans in the bar area. The vote was 55% to 45%. Heck, I almost got fined yesterday for talking on my phone on the driving range. Nobody else was on the range but I was unaware the high school boys were on the 9th green finishing up a match about 80 yards away and I got turned in by the coach. With the 30mph wind I'd be very surprised if they actually could hear me talking on my 30 second conversation.

Last edited:
One word. Nope.

If you only knew! It was a very big deal when they started allowing jeans in the bar area. The vote was 55% to 45%. Heck, I almost got fined yesterday for talking on my phone on the driving range. Nobody else was on the range or but I was unaware the high school boys were on the 9th green finishing up a match about 80 yards away and I got turned in by the coach. With the 30mph wind I'm surprised they could hear anything.

Crazy cell phone policy, yet allow jeans at the bar? We don't even allow jeans in the clubhouse unless going straight from entrance to locker room.

I have to say yes as they possibly can block skin cancer.

Not sure what the official name is but I have seen a lot of European guys in my travels wearing them, they go down to just above the ankle and have strings on them for some reason. Very popular in Barbados with the British guys. Very unique look.

What are euro shorts?

Totally will wear these under pants in the winter. Don't see me wearing them under shorts but don't really care one way or another. Can totally imagine stuffy club members heads exploding though.

Not sure what the official name is but I have seen a lot of European guys in my travels wearing them, they go down to just above the ankle and have strings on them for some reason. Very popular in Barbados with the British guys. Very unique look.

Capri's?

Could be, I was not joking when I said I have no style at all. Just hum drum regular shorts, pants and Polo shirts. Too old to pull off much else, but to each his own if you can rock it, roll with it.

Are you talking about 3/4 length shorts?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455847248.614892.jpg

80's Spandex is making a comeback! Nooooooooooooo.

It isn't an apples to apples comparison. Compression tops were created for use as a core warmth product, not sun protection. If some choose to wear compression tops for sun, so be it but not many will be wearing long sleeve warm gear intended to trap body heat for core warmth in Florida in July. I can't imagine many will choose to wear tights in Florida in July either and certainly not for sun protection.

I have worn long sleeve shirts under my Polo in Florida and Nevada in the summer. I am avoiding as much sun exposure as possible. I don't step onto a course otherwise.

Capri's?

Euro shorts, Capris, freaking awful, 3/4 length shorts . You can call them what you want.

Haha.
I feel like I should wear them at the Grandaddy. Easy to pick a team since nobody would want to be seen with me, right? :angel:

You wear tights and I will too. More swag for us!!!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

This looks ridiculous.

Footgolfers will be already are sporting those "leggings."

I am old (47) and I am all for UA long sleeves under the polos - winter AND summer (in white). I hate summer heat, sweat and sunburn and they work great to block it and keep you cool. I could see wearing the leggins under some Cool 18 slacks, though, in what we call "winter" here in Norcal (aka 55 degrees).

However, the shorts/leggings thing for dudes is gonna take a while to catch on (maybe 2035?) :bulgy-eyes:

I love my compression gear but if it's nice out I'm going with shorts and if it's cooler it's pants and have had compression pants underneath but I just don't see me as the guy to do tights with shorts not even for working out or running. I'm not against it or even hate it and think it should be allowed just like a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt but it's not for me to pull off.

haha we can't even get shorts, compression gear isn't going to happen.

I could see wearing them under pants, but with shorts? C'mon man. That's just foolishness if you ask me.

Euro shorts, Capris, freaking awful, 3/4 length shorts . You can call them what you want.

Had honestly never heard euro shorts before.

Back