Sauerkraut....yay!!!! Or Nay....

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Look my last name is Korfmacher. It’s German . My fathers parents immigrated (legally) through Ellis Island in 1924 from the motherland just outside of Düsseldorf Germany. My mother’s side of the family is 50-60% German as well.....so I’m basically and American Kraut.

Which leads me to this topic. Some people love it...some people can’t live without it. Some people hate it and can’t stand the smell. I contend you can literally put sauerkraut on any sandwich, taco., wrap, as a side, an appetizer, a sauerkraut ball....the possibilities are endless. Cleveland being a very European ethnic town has had a resurgence of the love for this cabbagey goodness and I wondered if it’s making its way around other parts yet.

This place makes the absolute best sauerkraut I’ve ever had and it’s because they have so many different varieties that you can basically eat it cold, on its own. Lol www.clevelandkraut.com

0b5f6089dc6a8f86d300dc53699ba37f.jpg
8fab0a93c3b11a6c2684212f83870a69.jpg
c19e2877dc35b8ef067cc32294e2d607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big NAY to the rotten cabbage.

Btw it’s not $30 per package. It’s $30 for 3 packs or $10 ea

Nope can't do it

every now and then i can do the kraut. but i really have to be in the mood for it. kinda like being around @pkorf. only good in small doses ;)

I'm confused by this thread.

Is it a heritage thread? Is it asking if I like sauerkraut? Are you trying to get me to buy sauerkraut?

I'm just thankful you didn't mention the browns.

But yes I am a fan of some good sauerkraut.

Only on a corned beef reuben, don’t really care for it at all on its own.

I'm confused by this thread.

Is it a heritage thread? Is it asking if I like sauerkraut? Are you trying to get me to buy sauerkraut?

I'm just thankful you didn't mention the browns.

But yes I am a fan of some good sauerkraut.

I’m guessing Baker likes the Kraut...there I said it

Hard No

cec891678326e507f98e813879d52b4e.jpg

every now and then i can do the kraut. but i really have to be in the mood for it. kinda like being around @pkorf. only good in small doses ;)

Boy....isn’t this true

My mother is Dutch and it is something she grew up with as well, so it was eaten in our house at times

I wouldn't say I am a huge fan, but I don't mind it now and again

My mother is Dutch and it is something she grew up with as well, so it was eaten in our house at times

I wouldn't say I am a huge fan, but I don't mind it now and again

Interesting. My mother started making her own a couple years back based on a recipe handed down from my grandmother.

Absolute fan with a natural casing bratwurst and a thick traditional brown mustard... nothing but win!

I love it, although mostly I've only partaken of the standard stuff. Those specialty krauts sound good though! On a side note, I'm a big, big fan of sauerkraut's Korean cousin, Kimchi. I make my own (which is super simple). I've got some kale kimchi fermenting as we speak.

The wife, however, is not a fan :)

Being born in Germany and of ethnic persuasion, I like kraut and cabbage in general.

Negative can't stand it.

It has it's time and place. haha

I do love Schmidt's in Columbus (restaurant in German village), and I'll always get some of their kraut. But yea I'm not an eat it regularly type person haha.

It has it's time and place. haha

I do love Schmidt's in Columbus (restaurant in German village), and I'll always get some of their kraut. But yea I'm not an eat it regularly type person haha.

Well eating it regularly could lead to chronic flatulence... lol just sayin

I LOVE sauerkraut. On hotdogs, on ruebens, on pork chops, and even on a side dish.

That’s a NO.

Hell yay

Hard pass for me

Hell Nay!

No! Nein! Nyet! Nada!

Wow - genuinely shocked. Who knew there were people out there that didn't like sauerkraut?

Life is full of surprises...

Back