Android Phone Thread

The Spigen Rugged Armor and I love it. My buddy has the Adopted one that Google sells and it seemed nice as well.

The Spigen barely adds any size but protects everything well enough for me. I didn't want the hybrid with the clear plastic. My wife has that now on her G3 and it has scratches galore all over it. Just a terrible design IMO
I currently have the poetic Affinity case. Nice a thin with good grip, although clear. Scratches have been at a minimum. Tried the Speck Candyshell Grip and it was just too thick and heavy. Yet to find my perfect go to case.

I currently have the poetic Affinity case. Nice a thin with good grip, although clear. Scratches have been at a minimum. Tried the Speck Candyshell Grip and it was just too thick and heavy. Yet to find my perfect go to case.
The Spigen is a thin case. Not heavy at all. It's meant to protect from scratches and small falls. I don't know that I trust the fall protection. I hope to not ever find out if it can withstand a fall. Even if it saves the phone, my stomach will sink for those 1.4 seconds...

Anyone else think the Google camera app sucks? Anyone have recommendations on a better one?

I hate the interface setup, not much customization, and slow to focus and take pictured in certain lighting and settings.

After the latest update the Google camera sucks. It takes forever to focus and some of my pics come out blurry for no good reason.

Anyone else think the Google camera app sucks? Anyone have recommendations on a better one?

I hate the interface setup, not much customization, and slow to focus and take pictured in certain lighting and settings.

I hate it. Been tinkering with ProShot

After the latest update the Google camera sucks. It takes forever to focus and some of my pics come out blurry for no good reason.
Yep, the last update killed it, I keep waiting for a fix

One thing of note with this Nexus 6P, it is so much easier to hold for videos than my G3 was. I don't know if it's the weight, balance or what. It just seems so easy to hold.

Also, I found a couple easy tricks that some people may enjoy. Like embedding the battery percentage in you status bar. Also, making the transitions between screens even faster. A quick Google search should yield both of those. If not, I can explain in here

One thing of note with this Nexus 6P, it is so much easier to hold for videos than my G3 was. I don't know if it's the weight, balance or what. It just seems so easy to hold.

Also, I found a couple easy tricks that some people may enjoy. Like embedding the battery percentage in you status bar. Also, making the transitions between screens even faster. A quick Google search should yield both of those. If not, I can explain in here

Does it have image stabilization?

Does it have image stabilization?
I believe just video stabilization. I read an article that talked about it and why they didn't need image stabilization for pictures. I'll have to try and dig that up

I believe just video stabilization. I read an article that talked about it and why they didn't need image stabilization for pictures. I'll have to try and dig that up

Cool. Thanks.

I posted before that I was due for a new phone 1st of the year and I got 1. Due to my line of work I went with a Kyocera Brigadier. My previous "smart' phone was a Casio Commando and I like this one much better. Nothing fancy, but practical. I'm not a techy guy so I'd like to ask,what mat seem, a stupid question. How do these blue tooth speaker things work? I'd like to play some music from time to time, but have no idea. Do they use data? I'd probably use it while at home most so we do have wifi. I honestly have no clue about such things. The best i can do is sit and listen to Youtube through my phone's speakers.

Thanks

I posted before that I was due for a new phone 1st of the year and I got 1. Due to my line of work I went with a Kyocera Brigadier. My previous "smart' phone was a Casio Commando and I like this one much better. Nothing fancy, but practical. I'm not a techy guy so I'd like to ask,what mat seem, a stupid question. How do these blue tooth speaker things work? I'd like to play some music from time to time, but have no idea. Do they use data? I'd probably use it while at home most so we do have wifi. I honestly have no clue about such things. The best i can do is sit and listen to Youtube through my phone's speakers.

Thanks

Who's your provider? If it's T-Mobile they have a list of music services that don't eat up your data when you are not on wifi. Otherwise I think they all count against your data package. If you are on wifi anywhere it won't use any of your data plan.

Thanks
The Bluetooth speakers themselves don't, but if you are playing the music through a streaming service you will use data. If you are playing music that is already on your phone you won't use any data.

Who's your provider? If it's T-Mobile they have a list of music services that don't eat up your data when you are not on wifi. Otherwise I think they all count against your data package. If you are on wifi anywhere it won't use any of your data plan.

Verizon.

For anyone using Google Photos, do you use the function where Photos will automatically edit your content?

It used to be called auto awesome but now it is just a setting called show new creations. Every so often you'll get a notification that photos edited something. Last night mine made a collage of like pictures. Pretty cool feature IMO and you can always delete whatever it makes. It doesn't mess with the originals either

For anyone using Google Photos, do you use the function where Photos will automatically edit your content?

It used to be called auto awesome but now it is just a setting called show new creations. Every so often you'll get a notification that photos edited something. Last night mine made a collage of like pictures. Pretty cool feature IMO and you can always delete whatever it makes. It doesn't mess with the originals either

Yeah I have used this a bunch. Google Photos is such a great program and Google has really improved it especially when they detached it from Google +. I like the assistant which shows pictures from previous years. I saw pictures from 8 years ago during the holidays it was pretty cool to look back and see those.

The G5 looks pretty sick.. IDK how much I'd use the modular capability but it is interesting. The only downside I see with the phone is the removal of the app drawer.

The G5 looks pretty sick.. IDK how much I'd use the modular capability but it is interesting. The only downside I see with the phone is the removal of the app drawer.
Some really cool features, but the app drawer going away sucks, and the specs leave a little to be desired, especially battery wise.

I wonder if switching launchers will bring the app drawer back, that would bring it back into play for me.

Some really cool features, but the app drawer going away sucks, and the specs leave a little to be desired, especially battery wise.

I wonder if switching launchers will bring the app drawer back, that would bring it back into play for me.
Removable battery kind of offsets it's size, though. I'm not sure about the launcher. I'm thinking he said no (android authority) but not sure.. They took it away because of their market research. They must've only asked apple users.

Removable battery kind of offsets it's size, though. I'm not sure about the launcher. I'm thinking he said no (android authority) but not sure.. They took it away because of their market research. They must've only asked apple users.
The article I read said it would specifically be easier for Apple users.

The lack of homescreen customization and lack of a tray were two of my biggest complaints when I switched to ios. No way would thus be an option for me if I can't have the tray back.

The article I read said it would specifically be easier for Apple users.

The lack of homescreen customization and lack of a tray were two of my biggest complaints when I switched to ios. No way would thus be an option for me if I can't have the tray back.

The s7 has an option to turn it off. I hope this isn't a shift away from the app drawer.

After spending the better part of 6 months dealing with various annoying hardware issues with my G3 (dying touch screens, replacement touch screens not working, proximity sensor not working), my wife agreed that it's not worth the continued money and headache to keep it on life support, and has cleared me to get a new phone. So on Monday I'll start having fun with the Nexus 6p. I've heard good things, and the Galaxy Nexus from a few years ago was one of the first phones I would have been OK with keeping forever, so I'm pretty excited.

Back