Rambler goes to GolfTEC

If your struggling off the tee on par 5's have you given any thought to taking less than driver off the tee? maybe the same club twice to get you to 100yds?

This is something I have done recently and since I know I can't get there in two I swing in control.

Got to get that short game in control or start leaving yourself longer approaches that you can be more accurate with till you get the shorter ones dialed in.

I definitely was - couldn't understand why I was the only one hitting driver. LOL! I'm planning on playing next Sunday; barring crazy wind, I will hit driver there, again.

Yeah we don't have that power draw I suppose!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

If your struggling off the tee on par 5's have you given any thought to taking less than driver off the tee? maybe the same club twice to get you to 100yds?

This is something I have done recently and since I know I can't get there in two I swing in control.

Got to get that short game in control or start leaving yourself longer approaches that you can be more accurate with till you get the shorter ones dialed in.

Sand has always been an issue for me, and the lack of decent practice bunkers, near me, is less than helpful. My putting woes are pretty consistent, but the type of "woe" seems to vary season on season. I'm leaving a lot short this year. Will continue to work on it.

I quite often take less club on a par 5, especially in a tournament or competitive round. I don't do that as much during casual rounds.

OK, had a long break from this thread, because I had a really long break from the lessons due to scheduling conflicts with business trips and golf trips. Going back in, tomorrow, to finish-out my remaining lessons over the next month or so. Tomorrow will be a one hour lesson. We're going to re-evaluate where I am with the swing. I elected to really focus on only a couple of things, and it has started to pay more dividends than looking at my swing as a whole. Last 4 rounds have been 80/82/79/82. That's consistency I have not seen in my game before.

Setup/posture is priority #1, and helped me start the season better than prior seasons. However, I still had some serious inconsistency in ball-striking. The potential for good scores was there, but hole-to-hole results were very inconsistent.

Maintaining posture is priority #2. I believe this has made a difference on 2 fronts. First by making sure my core is "engaged" throughout the back swing, I believe it has made my takeaway a bit quieter and less handsy/wristy. Secondly, I think it has helped me shorten my back swing at the top (was not my intended outcome, but hopefully a positive side effect). It really feels like these two items provide for fewer movements in my swing. I know that may not be the case, once I see it on video, but it feels much more stable and controlled than before I started.

I will refuse to tackle more than 1 or 2 items from here on out. I seem to do much better when focusing on a very small number of swing elements, so that's what I"m sticking with.

Its all about your instructor, I went thru 3 at golftec. I only liked one out of the 3 but he left so soon after so did I.

Some more of the things I had been working on are starting to take hold and the scores (and scoring potential) are showing it. There are still a couple of pretty significant swing faults that will take more time and coaching to tackle, so I'll start thinking about those come November.

Anyone else have any thoughts about golf Tec? Nothing close to my area. Seems like the thread shriveled up an died...

Reason for bumping this thread was because I have been toying with the idea of opening a franchise. I believe and trust my fellow thp'ers and by this dead thread my ponder is quickly dissolving.

Anyone else have any thoughts about golf Tec? Nothing close to my area. Seems like the thread shriveled up an died...

Reason for bumping this thread was because I have been toying with the idea of opening a franchise. I believe and trust my fellow thp'ers and by this dead thread my ponder is quickly dissolving.

I can't speak to how these would work out as a franchise. My experience was a good one with GolfTec, but it's not something I would do long term. I was able to get some guidance on a number of areas for improvement, but the reality is I don't have the time to work on more than a couple of things at a time. Once I paired it down, my improvement started to show.

There are a number of other THPers who have had good experiences with GolfTec as well - hopefully you can find some of that feedback in a search as well. As with any golf lessons arrangement, in the end it comes down to the golfer connecting with the teacher. I had an "OK" connection, once I evaluated it. If you move forward, make sure you have quality teachers, more than anything else.

I can't speak to how these would work out as a franchise. My experience was a good one with GolfTec, but it's not something I would do long term. I was able to get some guidance on a number of areas for improvement, but the reality is I don't have the time to work on more than a couple of things at a time. Once I paired it down, my improvement started to show.

There are a number of other THPers who have had good experiences with GolfTec as well - hopefully you can find some of that feedback in a search as well. As with any golf lessons arrangement, in the end it comes down to the golfer connecting with the teacher. I had an "OK" connection, once I evaluated it. If you move forward, make sure you have quality teachers, more than anything else.
Thanks I'm going to check out the new Orleans franchise in a few weeks. I would think that the high school and college kids would eat up the technology. I have really appreciated your time and effort in this thread. Good stuff , thanks.

Thanks I'm going to check out the new Orleans franchise in a few weeks. I would think that the high school and college kids would eat up the technology. I have really appreciated your time and effort in this thread. Good stuff , thanks.
PM Miller Time, Golf Tec lessons totally changed his game. He will be happy to share with you.

The question is could high school and college kids afford it? Golf Tec is not cheep.

i don't spend much time at the golfsmith in orlando, but the golftec that is located in the altamonte springs store seems to be busy less often than it is empty. i think the packages are cost-prohibitive to most people. the tech is cool, and i'm honestly intrigued by the practice idea, but i would do A LOT of legwork before considering a franchise.

i don't spend much time at the golfsmith in orlando, but the golftec that is located in the altamonte springs store seems to be busy less often than it is empty. i think the packages are cost-prohibitive to most people. the tech is cool, and i'm honestly intrigued by the practice idea, but i would do A LOT of legwork before considering a franchise.
Appreciate the thoughts guys. Yeah definitely not something to jump into over night. I'm thinking letting the local high school students have a discount. Sponsoring a lot of local tournaments with door prize swing evaluations. Lots of thoughts just really appreciate fellow Thp'ers input. If I pull the trigger all Thp'ers half price!!!!

The question is could high school and college kids afford it? Golf Tec is not cheep.

Appreciate the thoughts guys. Yeah definitely not something to jump into over night. I'm thinking letting the local high school students have a discount. Sponsoring a lot of local tournaments with door prize swing evaluations. Lots of thoughts just really appreciate fellow Thp'ers input. If I pull the trigger all Thp'ers half price!!!!
The concern about students being able to afford it could be a significant barrier. I don't recall the details, exactly, but I think there may be some corporate pricing limitations in place. If you've already talked to GolfTec about franchising opportunities, then you probably already have better info on this.

GolfTec is a great place but they don't do themselves favors with the pricing. The fittings and clubs are stupid pricey too if ordered through them.

For me it was just too much for instruction off of mats, not grass.

GolfTec is a great place but they don't do themselves favors with the pricing. The fittings and clubs are stupid pricey too if ordered through them.

For me it was just too much for instruction off of mats, not grass.
I just ordered a 815 alpha 14 and 16 FW and it was the exact price as anywhere else.

Going to make it to new Orleans in a few weeks. I'm going to stop at the golf Tec and see what's what.

The practice bays are just as important as the individual lessons, to ingrain the muscle memory. It is a little pricey, but you have to do the work

The practice bays are just as important as the individual lessons, to ingrain the muscle memory. It is a little pricey, but you have to do the work

The practice bay with the cameras was the best thing I got out of Golftec.
I took several lessons but it seems they were obsessed with positions.
I had severe early release problems, tempo problems and release problems.
They never addressed any of these.
Luckily I found my way with self help from RotorySwing.com ~ Chuck Quinton.
They also have a pro that will regularly review your swing.
This site was way more help than Golftec ever was.

The bays were much too confined for me.

I've always assumed that they are more sales than they are actual show...

But, on Monday I saw a patient of mine at the driving range who has been taking lessons for some time at Golftec, and he has an absolutely beautiful swing.

My good friend took lessons from them about a year and a half ago, and he too has a beautiful swing. I assumed it was just because he was a good athlete (I've actually never seen him play any other sport though), and because he golfed in high school. But, he took about 13-14 years away from the game.

So, giving them the benefit of the doubt, the only two people I've seen do long term lessons with them, have really excellent swings.

Rambler has a pretty good swing too...although i don't know what his swing looked like prior to Golftec.

Rambler has a pretty good swing too...although i don't know what his swing looked like prior to Golftec.

Having a "good" looking swing and actually scoring seem to be 2 completely different animals for me. LOL.

I did improve after my GolfTec lesson/practice package, but really only another year+ later, when I paired-down all of the information and discussion to 2 or 3 items that I was really able to focus on. Up to that point, it was like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant with all of the available data/numbers. I know some love that, and it works for them. For me, I did better with some simplification and narrowing of focus.

I do wish they had bigger bays in our area.

Having a "good" looking swing and actually scoring seem to be 2 completely different animals for me. LOL.

I did improve after my GolfTec lesson/practice package, but really only another year+ later, when I paired-down all of the information and discussion to 2 or 3 items that I was really able to focus on. Up to that point, it was like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant with all of the available data/numbers. I know some love that, and it works for them. For me, I did better with some simplification and narrowing of focus.

I do wish they had bigger bays in our area.

I've always liked your swing Rambler, very smooth transition. It's something I've been trying to work on with my own swing.

Back