World Golf Hall of Fame

coachnd

Reaction score
Handicap
Wondering if anyone has been to the World Golf Hall of Fame? Heading on a road trip this summer and will be passing through Jacksonville.
Looking for information regarding:
How long do you need at the H.O.F to see it all?
Has anyone played the King & Bear or the Slammer & Squire.. (reviews on either)
Looking at staying one night at the World Golf Village Renaissance, any opinions there?

Thank you all!!

Wondering if anyone has been to the World Golf Hall of Fame? Heading on a road trip this summer and will be passing through Jacksonville.
Looking at staying one night at the World Golf Village Renaissance, any opinions there?

Thank you all!!

Just did the museum. I enjoyed it, but I’m also a nerd when it comes to stuff like that. You could knock it out in 2hrs.

Been there once for the museum only. Worth the time and a lot to see. Others that have stayed and played there said it was a great experience! I think any of the courses would be fun to play. Sorry that I have no specifics for you, but if you love golf it is a must stop!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Museum needs a couple of hours, at least. Lots of interactive stuff- you can have a putting challenge on a tour speed “green”, and there was a simulator where you could try a famous Par 3. The day I went it was 17th at Pebble. My Dad and I played Slammer & Squire. Very good assortment of holes with LOTS of tees to choose. Not a difficult layout at all, but fun. I think there were 6 sets(?) maybe? Dad played the forward men’s, I played the set 2 back from there (don’t remember colors- 15 years ago now). His tees had much less forced carries and different lines to fairways. Some of my carries were scary if you tried to chew off too much. We played in June, and there were lots of cooling stations with water and wet towels which felt real good.
Can’t comment on hotel, we stayed off site. But it’s a good days fun. Play, then take advantage of the air conditioning in HOF. Oh, I’m not sure if they still do it- but if you are a USGA member, admission was free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all!!

Others above have adequately addressed the HOF, SO I’ll tackle your other 2 Qs.

Hotel is as convenient as it gets; right off highway and literally minutes to either of the courses. Good accommodations and they used to have a decent breakfast available. You do NOT want to stay in downtown St. Augustine. Too much traffic, parking hassle etc.

The Courses - I was a member there from about ‘05 thru end of 2011 before leaving FL - and I still miss playing there. Both were fair but interesting layouts, not plain vanilla up and down. Each has at least a few holes that you will likely love and remember. Close enough that you can get in a round on each in a day if you’re up for 36. The one thing for certain when I lived there was you could always count on courses being in impeccable condition.
In the summer you will enjoy the iced towels that rangers bring around and on holes 1&10 you will find a large barrel of chilled apples.
Be sure to ask in advance about price deals both from club directly and possible “stay & play” deals thru hotel. They tend to “forget” to let you know there are specials if you just show up to play.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy

Stayed there last summer.
Couple follow up thoughts
*2+ hours for the HOF tour. Lots of great things to see, especially if you like the history
*both courses are nice. Nothing spectacular, but nice tests.
*not sure when in the summer you are headed, but in June it was HOT. Had early morning tee times and after 9 holes it was steamy.
*ask for a room with view of HOF and courses. Otherwise you will be looking out into the parking lot.
*Bill Murray restaurant is on property.
*hit more than 1 shot at the par 3 simulation of sawgrass. I flew mine into the lights and it bounced back into the lake.
*the imax theater on property is also good.

World Golf Hall of Fame

Was there last year! I loved it, but I’m a golf geek so I spent 4 hours there doing the whole experience. Was closest to the hole on the Sawgrass hole that day.
bf3eed6d4eb21b83664b4fc17fbfcbd3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back