Bridgestone Tour B XS vs RXS

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
I've used the Tour B RXS in recent past, and like everything about it except the feel, or more specifically, it's a little "too" soft and "too" easy to compress. I like soft golf balls, but it's a little too soft in those regards (only 64 compression). Everything else is great. With that said, wondering if the Tour B XS would be a natural move for me. I like the Srixon Q Star Tour (72 compression), and the Tour B XS is at 75, so thought that was pretty comparable. I even play well with the AVX and MTB Black, which are up in the mid-80's from what I've read and heard. What say you? Think moving to the XS would be a good move? Anyone have experience with this ball?

Compression is only one small part of the equation. It used to be the sign if a ball was fast/slow and would spin/not spin, but with cores that get firmer as they move outward and a number of other items, going strictly off that number will give a pretty incomplete outlook on the golf ball.

Compression is only one small part of the equation. It used to be the sign if a ball was fast/slow and would spin/not spin, but with cores that get firmer as they move outward and a number of other items, going strictly off that number will give a pretty incomplete outlook on the golf ball.

Given that the RXS feels too soft to me, would the XS be a natural step up?

Given that the RXS feels too soft to me, would the XS be a natural step up?

Possibly. Feel is very much sound related at impact, so I would recommend trying it. I was just pointing out that going strictly off the number would leave an incomplete idea of how a ball will feel and perform.

Have you tried the RX? I am an RX user and agree that the RXS feels a little soft. The RX plays very similar to me to the AVX and MTB Black.

Have you tried the RX? I am an RX user and agree that the RXS feels a little soft. The RX plays very similar to me to the AVX and MTB Black.

No I haven't, even though I have a sleeve at home. Might have to give them a try. Thanks for the idea.

Bridgestone Tour B XS vs RXS

Beat me to it. I'm actually going to be getting some RX because the RXS is a bit too soft.

No I haven't, even though I have a sleeve at home. Might have to give them a try. Thanks for the idea.

I will say this about the change from RXS to XS. After gaming the RXS for a couple months and then inadvertently grabbing an XS, the XS felt like a damn rock off every club. YMMV of course, but that was my experience. I agree 100% with Sox Fan that the RX may fall somewhere between the RXS and XS in terms of feel and I would think you'd see similar performance out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, everyone. Never really thought to try the RX first. Will definitely play it my next round and see how it goes.

Back