This is why I will never do online golf.Just reading everyone's posts on different fixes-symptoms would drive me bonkers.Golf is hard enough for me,but in person is the best way to do this.No disrespect to all the advice this golfer is getting.Just something i wouldn't feel comfortable doing at all
We're all different. No one way will fit all.

Personally, I trust Freddie far more than most teaching professionals and especially more than any YouTube personality.

But, I've had the luxury of meeting Freddie (Tadashi70) and he's given me tips on the range. So I know I can trust him completely in building a swing

We're all different. No one way will fit all.

Personally, I trust Freddie far more than most teaching professionals and especially more than any YouTube personality.

But, I've had the luxury of meeting Freddie (Tadashi70) and he's given me tips on the range. So I know I can trust him completely in building a swing
Good stuff and a nice post.Ive been to other golf forums where they just tear the golfers swing apart bit by bit.This game is hard enough for me,and maybe to hard is the correct wording.It would take some soul searching for me to post a swing up for everyone to help with.

Your hands move the club past your right new before the arms even begin to move. This move if the root of that is wrong with your swing. It's a domino affect and can only be fixed once we learn to take the club away.

Take a look at your setup from the fave forward view. That is a solid setup and if the arms move as one unit with the shoulders turning. You won't be so flat and will not have to create space on the down swing. If you train your shoulders and arms to move as one pice to get the swing going, you get on a positive plane. Right now you are way too flat. Work on your take away and get back to me.
I have always struggled with moving as one unit. As I work on this, for the next week is there anyone drill to help? Also what does it mean when you say create space on the down swing? I had been trying to get a little flatter on my swing because it keeps me from getting more baseball/softball ish but that could be all wrong. Just something I thought of in my head. Thank you for your help.

Good stuff and a nice post.Ive been to other golf forums where they just tear the golfers swing apart bit by bit.This game is hard enough for me,and maybe to hard is the correct wording.It would take some soul searching for me to post a swing up for everyone to help with.

This isn't other forums. I imagine that's part of the reason why membership here appears to be growing like crazy (good thing!)

Very few among us have the natural talent to just pick up a golf club and stripe shots wherever we want to. Truth is most of us here were where you are at some point, with a high level of frustration and not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. One thing I have learned in my short time here is that this is no place for ridicule. Hopefully you'll muster up the will to post up a video. Freddie may not give feedback right away but he will get to you. I know you're working with a teacher but they're just people too. Your teacher might be missing a small tweak that another set of eyes would see, and that tweak gets you the "Eureka!" moment you're looking for.

I have always struggled with moving as one unit. As I work on this, for the next week is there anyone drill to help? Also what does it mean when you say create space on the down swing? I had been trying to get a little flatter on my swing because it keeps me from getting more baseball/softball ish but that could be all wrong. Just something I thought of in my head. Thank you for your help.

I've picked up quite a bit reading Freddie's replies to other folks. What I believe he means by creating space is getting your lead hip off the target line. This creates the room between your body and hands to drop into the slot. I think of it like hitting an inside fastball: if your front hip doesn't turn your hands have no space to get through the zone with power, you either have to stand up or chicken wing it. The drill BIGBALL describes is a good one, and there may be others you can find online.

Freddie will be the final word and I would wait for confirmation or correction to what I've written. That gives me a chance to learn more too!

This is why I will never do online golf.Just reading everyone's posts on different fixes-symptoms would drive me bonkers.Golf is hard enough for me,but in person is the best way to do this.No disrespect to all the advice this golfer is getting.Just something i wouldn't feel comfortable doing at all

I've left this forum open to all opinions. I'm part of that 'opinions matter' movement. That being said I can see things others can't on THP and try to break it down for all to understand. If your patient I can fix you up

Swing Fix Please

Place a long towel under each armpit and across you chest. The triangle created with the arms down to the club will move as one into as the shoulders turn and arms swing upward.

The space I speak of is the distance you've established at address. The 6" of space between the hands and upper leg. You want the club to return to this spot by clearing the hips. By being so flat you can't get to that spot. So you loose spine angle to create that space. If you didn't you'd be on the heal with each strike or worse....a whiff. This one piece takeaway will get you more upright

I've left this forum open to all opinions. I'm part of that 'opinions matter' movement. That being said I can see things others can't on THP and try to break it down for all to understand. If your patient I can fix you up

Great post Freddie. I had a conversation with golf instructor Brian Manzella one time, and he told me "I'll listen to the guy serving drinks theory about the golf swing, because you just never know."
That said - something coming from you is going to carry the most weight by far. You provide a great service here Freddie - thanks!

Place a long towel under each armpit and across you chest. The triangle created with the arms down to the club will move as one into as the shoulders turn and arms swing upward.

The space I speak of is the distance you've established at address. The 6" of space between the hands and upper leg. You want the club to return to this spot by clearing the hips. By being so flat you can't get to that spot. So you loose spine angle to create that space. If you didn't you'd be on the heal with each strike or worse....a whiff. This one piece takeaway will get you more upright

I have been trying to work on your drill and here is an updated video from yesterday. Not sure if I am any better or worse but I have been hitting the ball a little further and making solid contact more often than not.
[video=youtube;NDcXh7-Cp3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDcXh7-Cp3Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

You are still flat and the swing is not operating as one piece. That being said, this move is better than when we started. Keep working on the one piece takeaway.

This is one of the best pieces of advice that helped me with my swing. Imagine swinging (or actually do it) like you have towels under each arm.

This is one of the best pieces of advice that helped me with my swing. Imagine swinging (or actually do it) like you have towels under each arm.
This is a good drill for 1 piece take away. I am currently working in this as well and 1 visual I have is for the club face to be staring back at the ball for as long as possible.
This extends my arms in 1 piece and gives a big wide arc going away. Eventually that front arm collapses and you can finish the take away.

My .02 for how I visualize it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back