Kutros

Reaction score
Handicap
15.3 USGA
So what is the greatest putt you have ever made? It doesn't have to be the longest or the most difficult. Maybe it was to win the Morgan cup or simply to shoot your best round.

Mine was back in college. I played a ton at the course on the campus at Virginia Tech since it was very cheap, around $6 to play all day. I had been flirting with breaking 80 for months, but never could get there. Finally one morning I had a shot. It was only a 6 or 7 foot putt, but I was able to bury it and shoot a 79. I only did it once and haven't even come close in the last few years, so I know I will always remember that putt.

I have to say the 4' that I missed in the MC. Made me realize putting was an area that I needed to focus on more than I was. Such a feel part of the game.

I sunk a putt on the next to last hole of a scramble for a birdie as the 2nd highest 'cap in the group. It was a wonderful feeling, especially since we won that year by 1 stroke.

Pittsburg invitational last year. I think it was on the 3rd hole I had 30' or so far par and sunk it. The look on everyone's face when it went in was priceless.

The Gauntlet 2 years ago. Final hole my man Nate (EaglevsFalcon) set up a perfectly placed ball from 220 out. Left me a 25 footer uphill the downhill the last 10 feet slider. Once the ball crested the hill we were sure it was in. That putt tied an awesome close match which will always remain a great moment for me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I dropped a 40 footer for birdie on the par 3 ninth hole in my office championship, while the team that ended up second was on the tee box watching.

I think it will come this weekend at the THP Kickoff Classic

Playing in a money game that was me and my best friend vs. another twosome. I think we had $100 a man riding on the match...

Walking to 18, we were down 1, so we knew we had to win this hole to break even. Hit decent drives, but it was a par 5 that was a pretty strong dogleg right, so we could not go for it in two. I laid up to a good number for me (125 yards) and my partner laid up to 150. At this point all four players had laid up and I was the last to hit into the green. My buddy hit his long and over the green, so I knew at best, he is making par. The twosome we were playing against were on the green but 30 feet or so. I knew I had to hit a great shot to leave myself with a makeable birdie putt. Hit a good shot over the flag and ended up about 15 feet or so on the fringe. Not perfection, but it was a putt that I could make.

I was the last to putt and it was a downhill breaker... stepped up, lined it up and put a confident stroke on it and as soon as it left the club face, I thought it was in. It dropped in the bottom of the cup dead center and made me look like I knew what I was doing. Saved us a good chunk of money and it was the most satisfying putt that I ever made.

The county course I used to frequent when I lived in New Jersey had a yearly Club Championship. There was a stroke play qualifier and seeding round, and then it went to match play.

In 2009, I qualified fairly high up in the C Flight and earned a first round bye. In the second round, I was matched up against a guy I had been paired with earlier in the year in the County Amateur tournament. He was a good guy, so I was looking forward to a good, fun match, regardless of the outcome.

I built a 3 up lead through 6 holes... and then he started to drop putts that were killing me. I lost holes 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12... and I was suddenly 2 down. I won 13 and 14... lost 15... won 16 and we were all square with 2 holes to play.

I hate the 17th hole at this course. It's a 370 yard par 4 that is primarily straight, but the tees are pushed left and the entire fairway slopes from left to right, so you essentially NEED to hit a draw, which I don't have. I pulled one into the trees left... and then my provisional sliced wildly across the fairway into the woods on the right. I never found either ball, so I conceded the hole and I was 1 down heading to the 18th.

I hit a decent drive and then I pushed my approach shot into the greenside bunker. My opponent hit a good drive and then hit his approach shot slightly long. He was away and hit a very poor pitch that left him a lightning quick putt from above the hole. I hit a passable shot from the bunker that missed my mark by about 2 feet and got caught up in the fringe, leaving me about 17 feet from the fringe for a par. My opponent hit a good putt, and I actually thought he made it, but it missed right at the last second and left him 2 feet for a bogey, which I conceded. I had to make my putt to extend the match.

With the ball on the fringe, I couldn't use the alignment aid on the ball, but I picked a spot on the green and set up to play it there. I made a good stroke and watched as the ball never had a shot at missing and dropped in to tie the match! It was absolutely the greatest feeling I had ever had on a golf course!

We headed to the 1st tee to begin the sudden death playoff. I hit 2 good shots and 2 good putts for a par while my opponent was wide right of the green with his approach and couldn't get up and down, allowing me to win the match 1 up.

I found my way to the final that year where I got throttled, but... I'll always remember that putt as one of my best.

Last fall during mens league match play championship. Drained a 15 footer over a ridge with a hard break. It broke the guy I was playing with, three holes later it was over.

The Gauntlet 2 years ago. Final hole my man Nate (EaglevsFalcon) set up a perfectly placed ball from 220 out. Left me a 25 footer uphill the downhill the last 10 feet slider. Once the ball crested the hill we were sure it was in. That putt tied an awesome close match which will always remain a great moment for me

I think I remember that putt. It was a great match!

The best putt I have made was a 40-50ft putt for birdie last fall. I hit a 6 iron that hit pin high but released forward too much. The resulting putt was a down hill double breaker, but from the moment I looked at it I saw the line and felt the pace. I didn't waste any time and stepped up and rolled it in. It felt amazing!

Was playing Trout in the last Morgan Cup and was on the 14th hole (aka #cookies ace hole) and was 2 up with 5 holes to go. Hit the green but had about a 35 footer for birdie. Mikeg was following us and recording everything. Drained the putt and went 3 up with 4 holes to go. That was big for me as lots can happen, bad or good, in the final holes of a match.

I think I remember that putt. It was a great match!
Yes sir it was back and forth all match. Once we gain ground, you came back and vice versa. A real nail bitter at an amazing course.

I've made some long putts but, overall, my putting can bring me to tears - especially the ones you think you should make.

I've made a lot of putts over the years. The first one that jumps out to me on this one? The first time I shot a sub 70 round, it seemed like ALL my putts were falling from everywhere!

With that said, the one specific putt was in a friendly competition I was in with my fellow college golf team mates. It was upperclassmen vs underclassmen. I was on the upperclassmen and it came down to the 18th hole in my match. I had a 10 footer that was a right to left break. My opponent had just missed his par chance from below the hole just outside of 15 foot. So, I knew if I made mine I'd win the hole and the match. The entire team was on the greenside watching, and I ran it right into the heart of the cup for the win. It was just a friendly match, but it meant a lot to me at the time.

The greatest putt I ever made was for a bogey. I was in the middle of a round where I was finally going to break 80 for the first time. I came to 14 and put my drive in the woods. Hitting three off the tee, I put my fourth shot on the green about 30 feet away. I sank it for my bogey and finished the round with a 79.

Guy I played with a few weeks ago sunk a 50 footer with about 10 feet of break. What got me is there was no fist pump, no celebration at all, just walked up to the cup grabbed his ball and walked away. Dude! C'mon we don't make those every day!

Downhill 6 foot putt on 17th hole of the championship match of my league in 2013. My opponent had just hacked all over the hole and the sank a 30 footer for bogey. I was giving a stroke on the hole and needed the putt for a half so that 18 was winner take all for the league title. Rolled that baby center cut then parred 18 for the title.
Still smile overtime I think of that putt.

I think the greatest putt I was ever made was in a scramble a few years ago. I didn't "play" golf then but my wife's father had invited me to play in a scramble. I made about a 35' double breaker that won the longest putt in the tournament. That putt got me into golf and made me want to play more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A money game in college when I was making only $6.00 per hour at my job. I made a 25 foot breaking birdie putt on the 4th extra hole to win the match and $480 against a guy I really din't like very much.

Right after I started golfing, I had about a 20' putt across a ridge that sloped left to right as I was facing it, then flattened out near the hole. Behind the hole was another uphill slope. I putted it, attempting to compensate for the break on the slope, whacked it way too hard, smoked it straight at the hole, up and over the ridge, and it went in. I will still swear to this day that the ball had no break whatsoever, and that I hit it hard enough that it cancelled out the break, lol. It rolled literally straight as an arrow, straight in to the hole

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I'd say mine was the 20ish footer I sunk to card my first birdie.

A money game in college when I was making only $6.00 per hour at my job. I made a 25 foot breaking birdie putt on the 4th extra hole to win the match and $480 against a guy I really din't like very much.

And you complain about your putting ;)

Mine was a 12 foot birdie putt on the first sudden death playoff hole to win the member/member tourney at my club last year. I had stopped my stroke in the middle after a wobbly takeaway, backed off, then realigned myself and drained it. I can't even explain how cool of a moment that was.

Back