What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I play the RX and love them. They won't break the bank either. I pay between $30-35 on Amazon for them. If I play them long enough to get scuffed then it goes in my shag bag with no guilt.

There was a deal a while back that got me 6 dozen for 120 I believe. I wish I had purchased 12 dozen looking back hahaha

I gotta get some of these new B330's to put in play, I'm so jealous right now! DSG didn't have them yet, so I picked up some Chromesoft to try out. I still have 3 dozen of the old B330 and might get another dozen since they're under $30 now.

Last years B330-S. I struggle deciding between it and the B330. I need to try the new versions but still have a mix of too many RX, RX-S, 330, and 330-S. They are all great golf balls.

There was a deal a while back that got me 6 dozen for 120 I believe. I wish I had purchased 12 dozen looking back hahaha

Man, that is a helluva deal.

Wilson DUO U. I love this ball... I like the RX, too, but for less than $40, it is a great option to the other OEM's #1 offering... Great feel, distance, and control!

TM Tour Preferred - I am working thru my Taylor Made collection, this is a nice ball - as it should be. The cover is pretty durable (although there is no hope for a cover hitting directly into a stag horn cholla cactus).
Good spin on approach shots, kept it in play off the tee box, putting was pretty reliable. Green side spin was acceptable, but not quite what the ProV line is.

Ya know ... JB ... if you are gonna have a THP event in VA, at least let us know! Sheesh! LOL

e9856f28f2ee722b50991cfdf7419bbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Played the previous version B-330rx and rxs Played 9 holes each. RX was longer for me.

I played the non spin skin ZStar today. It was excellent in all ways. Today was cool and the course was wet so there was no roll out off the tee. I had one drive lasered at 260, which is very good for me in these conditions. If that was all carry then that was insanely good. Trajectory on drives seemed higher than usual and that was with my G30 down to 9*. The greens were soft and that had to affect the way the ball was received. But I saw seeing no worse than one hop and stop with scoring iron approach shots. A GW from 110 and a 9i from spun back a handful of inches. And durability was great. One ball over 18 holes and it still looked new to me. On top of all that, I liked the yellow color.

Last edited:
Srixon Z-Star XV's have some awesome technology...

Played the e6 today... MONEY!

2016 330RX

Holy ****. Yes.

Played new chrome soft for 9 and 2014 b330 for other 9

Played the front nine with SR1, long lots of rollout and good around the greens. Played the back nine with B-330rx, long and straight, more spin around the greens. Tomorrow will be a new version chromesoft day.

Liking the Duo U with the limited time I had with it. Nice and soft and decent spin.

I played the new B330-RX again and after I lost one in a tree, I gave the Wilson Staff Duo Urethane a try. It felt good off the woods and irons, but felt a little...odd off the putter.

front nine, E6 good distance, putts good, little more roll out on pitch shots than I car for. back nine new chrome soft, same distance maybe a tad more, checks up nicely on the green and putts good.

Played the 15 ProV1 and ZStar. Don't know if it was me but the z star seemed harder than the ProV1.
I ended finishing with the ProV1. Seems that so far I keep going back to the ProV, but I haven't tried the B330rx yet.

Smell My Tour Ball coming up next... I will post a review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Staff Duos have been my go to balls since the fall. Been real happy with them. Even turned a friend or two using them since I let them try them.

Srixon Z-Star XV's.

Srixons are firmer slightly, but roll straighter for me. I putt to the distance with less effort. Full shots fly straighter and bore in wind better. Greenside they check up decent.

I feel ProV1's are slightly too mushy, compress and stay on the face too long...if that's what they do?

Back