The Quick Six: Harry Taylor

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have not heard the name Harry Taylor, you are in for a treat. While Harry Taylor Golf might be a new name in the marketplace, or an advertisement that caught your eye, the man behind the brand is anything but new. With a pedigree that matches up to just about anybody in golf, his stories are endless and his creations are timeless.

Six Questions, with a legend, Harry Taylor.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/quick-six-harry-taylor-golf/

He ran my old club back in Tennessee. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Admin
He ran my old club back in Tennessee. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for checking it out. His history is fascinating in the world of golf.

Wow Harry has been around the block. Pretty cool back story. I remember the Tzoid irons, never played them but saw them in a ton of bags growing up. I did find it funny that he said something like the a club must look beautiful for the player to give the club a try and that dimple wedge is about the most ugly looking wedge I have seen haha

Really solid resume - I’ll be paying attention going forward. Another factory direct option is good for consumers

• Admin
Wow Harry has been around the block. Pretty cool back story. I remember the Tzoid irons, never played them but saw them in a ton of bags growing up. I did find it funny that he said something like the a club must look beautiful for the player to give the club a try and that dimple wedge is about the most ugly looking wedge I have seen haha

Haha. I view the dimpled wedge as a differentiator. While I think there is some (only some) vailidity to the assistance it offers, as a differentiator, in a sea of well done wedges, it kind of makes sense.

Haha. I view the dimpled wedge as a differentiator. While I think there is some (only some) vailidity to the assistance it offers, as a differentiator, in a sea of well done wedges, it kind of makes sense.

This explanation makes more sense to me than the drag angle. Wedges aren’t going fast enough and present an angle that deflects ball speed so I just can’t believe the tech story.

Seems very down to earth. Lots of life experience.

Great Q & A. Harry has quite the history in the game. Always cool to learn more about people in the industry.

This explanation makes more sense to me than the drag angle. Wedges aren’t going fast enough and present an angle that deflects ball speed so I just can’t believe the tech story.

I think you can make the case, especially on full swings, but I do believe personally its a standout story more than it is tech.

Wow this guy has quite an impressive resume history. One of my buddies who’s a decent golfer but still a beginner is using an old set of T-zoids and loves them. I’ve certainly told him he’s missing out on new tech but he plays well with them. Cool to know who the mind was behind those and a lot of others.

Definitely brings more validity to the Harry taylor brand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can make the case, especially on full swings, but I do believe personally its a standout story more than it is tech.

Nothing wrong with a standout story. As I said on Twitter last night, saying it’s just aesthetics is absolutely OK with me.

His story is really cool. When JB first showed us a pic of the dimpled wedge, I wasn't interested. Well.. I'm still not interested at all. But it was nice to actually hear from the sourse I was right about the dimples being cosmetic. The 305 series wedges look nice. I just don't like the fact that there are no bounce or grind options, and nothing stronger than 52*.

I had 0.0 idea Harry Taylor had this depth of experience. Incredible, really.

Wonder what’s coming next that he hinted at with utilities. I can see that being advertised and doing well in the market.

Finally go around to this last night, I enjoyed it. Having reviewed two of the offerings for thp including the infamous dimpled wife sole model, they do what they claim, they’re solid wedges as would be expected with Harry’s history.

Yeah, in reviewing it, it was one of those things where I think it was making a difference, but I had no real way of truly measuring it, if that makes sense.

Love the article...
I know Harry personally, he’s the GM of my course in Nashville. Great Guy.

Harry Taylor Fun Fact: In ‘95, He held the 54 hole lead at The Bob Hope Classic, with rounds of 66-64-66.

Enjoyed reading about Harry. What a great storied golf life he has had.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interview. I beliebe I heard Harry get interviewed on a Podcast awhile ago and he is a very interesting man, lots of experiences and comes across very genuine. Seems like a true gentleman who just plain loves golf.

Good write up, but all I can think about is how awesome that dimple-sole wedge looks to me.

This was a great read, thank you. I think the dimpled sole makes good sense with respect to reducing some drag.

I still have an original Founders Club driver in the garage, 9° with Founders Formula graphite shaft. Never could hit the thing I swear it has no sweet spot, even compared to the metal woods of the day.

That dimpled wedge gives me the heebie jeebies. The tech sounds legit but that's gonna be a hard sell for fools with trypophobia..

Attachments

• trypophobia-sponge.jpg
    trypophobia-sponge.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 0
Cool interview. Wow he has quite the CV! The dimples didn’t appeal to me visually but with the tech explained less drag makes sense and I would try it out.

Factory direct is a great model keeping the costs down.

Back