Bryson DeChambeau Signs with Cobra PUMA Golf

Is it bad I want that hat?
I was thinking the same thing, love that puma logo on there front and center! Maybe a black version to rock on special occasions!

Cobra Puma likes different and this gentleman should fit the bill in that department. He is already very easy to recognize on the TV coverage as well. Nice pick up for Cobruma!

Man... I want to snag that giant bean-bag Beau hat

Great signing, he is going to a wealthy young man before he ever hits a ball as a pro!!

I will have one of those hats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything about this makes sense to me. Looking forward to the future offerings. The cap is baller

This is the perfect marriage of player and sponsor. I'm really glad to see Cobra grow and expand their talent. This could be huge for them, good job Cobra!

Last edited:
2fb2fbfa464491d8493fe7a381e79167.jpg

7c0ae4aa6814779435cc7e6ae31d869f.jpg

Good for both sides of this deal ... I love the letter that was published, a good marketing team at work at Cobra/Puma.

I wonder if those are gamers or a mock up? No putter sighting either, any word on that yet or sticking with Edel?

my understanding is that the putter remains edel

If he signs with SeeMore too he could have been on our Morgan Cup squad Hahahaha

Interesting, really didn't see this one coming. Interested to see what come of it.

That bag is awesome, cannot wait to see his clubs

I think this is a great fit for Puma. They have the flash of Rickie with the crazy bright colors, high tops and joggers, but in his dress Bryson seems to be very traditional. If anything that should hopefully get some in the market to reassess their perception of Puma as only for the young.

He is an interesting character, and from his press conferences last week at the Masters I think he adds quite a bit to Cobra Puma going forward.

Personally I think this is a fantastic partnership. It was expensive and if he turns out to be half the player, they get something solid. I have heard a few times things such as "He doesn't seem to fit their message". Im genuinely curious what is their message as its perceived? Because I think people are still tying it to loud and flashy from Amp line with Poulter when in reality the last couple of years, their message has been all about forward thinking technology.

I think getting another major player having clubs in their big (outside of Fowler, its not much) adds to that stable of seen on TV.

That's just it for me, the clubs. Are they going to market his clubs and his style of play? Isn't that why you sign a player to push gear? I don't know where they rank amounts club companies, but I just don't see his clubs selling. And I see people using that as an excuse not to buy cobra gear.

I'm a fan of cobra and won't stop. But I'm just not sold on his signing. I know most are very excited but I'm on a wait and see basis.

Personally I think this is a fantastic partnership. It was expensive and if he turns out to be half the player, they get something solid. I have heard a few times things such as "He doesn't seem to fit their message". Im genuinely curious what is their message as its perceived? Because I think people are still tying it to loud and flashy from Amp line with Poulter when in reality the last couple of years, their message has been all about forward thinking technology.

I think getting another major player having clubs in their big (outside of Fowler, its not much) adds to that stable of seen on TV.

I think he fits perfectly with Cobra's message of making golf a really individual expression. BDC is nothing if not a pretty unique individual on tour, and I think Cobra is the perfect company for him to combine his physicist mind in terms of technology and his personal style.

I'm really excited, because I feel like this is the biggest signing Cobra has enjoyed since they brought Rickie aboard. Hopefully they can find some way to resolve Rickie's orange with Bryson's fondness for SMU red, or else we're in for some really clashy advertisements.

I think this is a great fit. Add some flair to CPG as They need another dominate force outside of Rickie.

Here is what I have learned today. The company and Bryson are working on irons and will be for the next several weeks. He has sets with him and also has his playing set from the Masters. He is practicing with both and they are continuing to work towards getting him his set and all parties believe it will be just a short period.

He is an authentic kid that appears to be ready for this and is really excited about the partnership. He had opportunities as you can imagine and selected his brands for a lot of different reasons.

The hat story is rather interesting in that it was a hat his dad bought him when he was young as the last Hogan hat in the pro shop. He won wearing it early and to make a long story short, says he does not want to change it since it is something his father bought him and he had success with early.

Speaking of the best looking bag on tour...
37eec879e0423ce4e5d13c55f146a508.jpg

Not a shocker there. Really interested to see what gear he games and how they get everything right.

As others have said, it seems like a really good fit. I definitely see this as a win for both parties.

Love his style.

Not sure how the club thing will work out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I do like the hat. More than I thought I would.

Back