It's a lil chilly out...

Northerner

Reaction score
DHev5aX.jpg

:at-wits-end:

Friggin' ridiculous is what it is. 48 for a forecasted high in south GA today. Did not sign up for this brutal cold!

I assume all of Florida is off school today due to the cold?

It's amazing outside the last few days! We do see even colder temps at least once a year though. Normally sometime in February we get a freeze where temps will tip below 30, and even lower in north Florida and the center of the state. However, I did read that our February is going to be warmer than normal this year, which I am NOT happy about.

It's amazing outside the last few days! We do see even colder temps at least once a year though. Normally sometime in February we get a freeze where temps will tip below 30, and even lower in north Florida and the center of the state. However, I did read that our February is going to be warmer than normal this year, which I am NOT happy about.

I need to remember this thread in July and August.

I assume all of Florida is off school today due to the cold?

you should have heard people there last week when it was only 60 (as the high) and upper 40's in the morning...world was coming to an end

Yup, because then I will be complaining about how hot it is and how I live in the wrong state. Happy Morgan exists from about October to April, after that I am miserable, angry and get a year older so those summer months can suck it!

Yep, all relative. SoCal may be nice year round, but it’s also running out of water all the time, which happens to be important. At least i can put more layers on during these months and snowboard

I can't imagine how the people up in Manitoba sustain this. I was there once in January for a hockey tournament and the cold was literally -60, as I recall.

My clutch pedal was literally sticking to the ground last night coming home from work it was so cold.

Snapshot of the live realtime weather station here at my office

Last edited:
At first I was only upset that we had a fresh couple inches of snow. My truck sits outside and the doors are always frozen up even worse they won't latch when I try to close the door. Luckily the snow was such a dry powder it just swept right off and there was no frozen doors.

We're on the very edge of that coldest band. It's definitely brisk out. We did wake up to a frozen water line to our first floor shower but we were able to get that thawed out pretty quick. We should be able to prevent this in the future with a little insulation.

Friggin' ridiculous is what it is. 48 for a forecasted high in south GA today. Did not sign up for this brutal cold!

Brutal Cold.. everything is relative my friend!!

Wait, I thought it was glorious here in August : )
Dont forget September too.
I still wouldn't trade.

Yea. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough when I leave this -3 deg BS to 65 Deg las vegas!

you should have heard people there last week when it was only 60 (as the high) and upper 40's in the morning...world was coming to an end
Had the hand warmers, long pants, long sleeve shirt, jacket, beanie, and hot coffee in the golf cart in those temps. Brutal man, brutal.

I’m dropping my son and his girlfriend off at the airport around dinner time for their flight to Naples Florida. They will be enjoying a high tomorrow that is 100-101 degrees warmer than the low temperature of -27 below zero here today and tomorrow morning. They picked a great time for a Florida vacation. The really strange thing is it’s forecasted to be 40 degrees here this weekend which may mean some Minnesotans will be outside in shorts!

This sucks... On the plus side it might be on the 40s this weekend. Literally 100 degrees warmer than the current wind chill.
ffcb97da8fe21036935e0b04dcad432a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yea. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough when I leave this -3 deg BS to 65 Deg las vegas!

Was at -5°F when I got to work this morning at 07:00 in north city. Supposed to be 60° here on Sunday.

Now, north of Chicago.

0b0ac0fe6f1f0460da2696dbb1f3305e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m dropping my son and his girlfriend off at the airport around dinner time for their flight to Naples Florida. They will be enjoying a high tomorrow that is 100-101 degrees warmer than the low temperature of -27 below zero here today and tomorrow morning. They picked a great time for a Florida vacation. The really strange thing is it’s forecasted to be 40 degrees here this weekend which may mean some Minnesotans will be outside in shorts!

Yeah, that boggles my mind. Such strange trends. 40 degrees?! That's literally golfing weather for me.

The Post Office is actually closed today in the Twin Cities. I don't know if/when I recall that ever happening before.

Back