2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Thanks! I'm pretty sure Weight Watchers is perfect for me. Gives me a good idea on how much and what foods i should be eating and im loving some of the low point snacks ive found

I'm right there with you dude. I get out of the house in the morning with 9 points consumed and feel great, lunch is typically another 8-10. Snacks for me are a table spoon of crunchy peanut butter (4) and celery, fruit, hard boiled egg (3), half a protein bar (5). That leaves a bunch of points for dinner which usually never gets used. The key for me is water consumption. I try to drink it all day.

I'm right there with you dude. I get out of the house in the morning with 9 points consumed and feel great, lunch is typically another 8-10. Snacks for me are a table spoon of crunchy peanut butter (4) and celery, fruit, hard boiled egg (3), half a protein bar (5). That leaves a bunch of points for dinner which usually never gets used. The key for me is water consumption. I try to drink it all day.
Drinking water is something im awful at. And lately ive been forcing it down but i know im not drinking enough still

Drinking water is something im awful at. And lately ive been forcing it down but i know im not drinking enough still

It took me a little while to get used to it. Now it's the go to drink, never goes flat either. I used to drink crazy amounts of Diet Coke. 2 or 3 super big gulps.

I am officially exhausted! Class wasn't particularly difficult, just tiring for some reason. I am ready for a shower and a nap!

The soreness is getting real. Just got up to check the mail, and felt every movement in my legs. I am pretty sure I am walking like I just got off a horse.

The soreness is getting real. Just got up to check the mail, and felt every movement in my legs. I am pretty sure I am walking like I just got off a horse.

Pain is weakness leaving your body! Yeah I call that bullsh!t too hahahaha

Gets easier with time. I wake up and chug 16oz in the morning, then do another 16oz with lunch, dinner, and then whatever I drink during a workout. Is it as delicious as a soft drink or even a beer? Not at all

Weight hasn't changed in the last two weeks or body fat % (~3% loss in 5weeks)so trainer has added 2 days of hiit on my non lifting days. He may make adjustments to macros after this week.

This may be too much information, but I think it's worth sharing...

This morning I stepped on the scale and I saw a number under 230 for the first time in 4 years. The biggest difference that I have made is just eating out less. My wife is on a diet kick right now, so I am following suit. In the process of this whole new diet, my wife accidentally bought Activia yogurt. She didn't want it, so I started eating one every morning. Let me tell you, it does what it advertises to do. I feel more energetic and like I am getting more out of my food now, I am going to say that this specific yogurt has a large part to do with that.

I had to stop at Walgreens on my way home from Orange Theory and an older lady stopped me in the parking lot and asked me if I was a trainer. I politely said no, and she continued to follow me into the store and said "Well, keep doing whatever it is you are doing, because you look fantastic."

Now I know it doesn't mean a ton because she was just some nice old lady, but it still made me feel good.

down 2 more pounds since mondays weight in. only 10 more lbs to go. Now its time to really tighten it up

Appears I'll have to count on this weekend to drop some lbs, weird week for me

I hate water. That is all

Phil I use to be the same way, I mean I HATED water!!! It took me a couple years of forcing it down but now I love it.
Keep working on it my friend it will get better.
Have you tried adding mio or crystal light to your water?

I hate water. That is all

Phil I use to be the same way, I mean I HATED water!!! It took me a couple years of forcing it down but now I love it.
Keep working on it my friend it will get better.
Have you tried adding mio or crystal light to your water?
No i havent. MrsV has something she puts in her water and it helps her drink a ton more than me, but i guess i just need to do something to spice it up a bit.

Try some crystal light, its not bad.

No i havent. MrsV has something she puts in her water and it helps her drink a ton more than me, but i guess i just need to do something to spice it up a bit.

when I started drinking 1 gal/day about 5 weeks ago it was a struggle. I ended up using my Gatorade squirt bottle and drink two by time lunch comes and the two more afterwards. This way I can drink small amounts at a time and it's about 32oz in a 2.5-3 hour period

Today is one of those days where I am always hungry. And right now all I can think about is a piece of cake. I haven't had any bad cravings, but today it's all I can think about. I want a meatball sub and a giant sheet cake.

Today is one of those days where I am always hungry. And right now all I can think about is a piece of cake. I haven't had any bad cravings, but today it's all I can think about. I want a meatball sub and a giant sheet cake.

I Love Cake!
I also know a great place for subs.

Such a great influence hahahha

Oh, it's nightly haha. Every night I usually hear "Doesn't Mexican food sound amazing?" "How good does a hamburger and french fries sound." "Can't you just taste an Italian Sub."

So far I have been good at resisting, and in fact most of the time it doesn't sound good at all. But today, I want a damn meatball sub and cake! Instead I keep sucking down water and getting ready to put some pork chops in the crockpot.

Side note: I have been so busy lately that I have been living off of lean cuisines. Perfect lunch for me lately and surprisingly with a piece of fruit keeps me full all afternoon.

I read this today and it resonated with me, so want to share with the group ...

It’s all about balance. “You can’t out-exercise a bad diet, and you can’t out-diet a lack of exercise"

Back