THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Thinking positive thoughts. :wink:

You gotta harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. Feel the flow Happy. Feel it. It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and AROUND. It's circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.

Dude, that made me dizzy lol

A WITB preview from one of the winners on the Carolinas team ...

c1bea00487c17edf6b1c2d683132d22d.jpg

#justsayin #HellYesIAmPlayingTheStaffBag

Just caught up on THP Radio, those C200's look sweet. Gotta try to those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet you had to google that one ... :tongue:

Bet I didn't.

Golfinnut will back me up, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish to throw my hat in the ring for a chance to represent the DMV squad in the upcoming RR event. Great course. Hard as they come.

I wish to throw my hat in the ring for a chance to represent the DMV squad in the upcoming RR event. Great course. Hard as they come.

Definitely would love to see you throw your hat in with us DMVer's. But first look to join the Albatross club, you can't get in without first starting there.

Edit* Nevermind I see you joined

Glad to have you buddy.

One thing I suggest is you go back through this thread. There are a bunch of questions asked by myself, and Lightningbolt. Along with many hopefuls. Get a sense of where we're coming from and some general expectations. If it's something you feel is doable them shoot me a PM with the information asked. Tenure means nothing, commitment means a ton.

Definitely would love to see you throw your hat in with us DMVer's. But first look to join the Albatross club, you can't get in without first starting there.

Edit* Nevermind I see you joined

I would have joined regardless of the RR:act-up:. Great cause.

Have you played Westpark in Leesburg? That track would make you think twice,

Careful what you wish for, New Kent is not for the faint of heart.

Careful what you wish for, New Kent is not for the faint of heart.
I believe JohnSinVA is speaking of the condition of Westpark. It's a real dirt track. I'm sure RNK is in much better shape than that hole. Much more challenging as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I disagree, Westpark is quite challenging. Where else can you hit a fairway and wind up in a drainage ditch? Or a quagmire?

They have fairways there? Huh ... never noticed. All looks the same to me

Guys lets keep the talk of other courses to a local thread or course review thread and this one to the event, or the if you want to talk about a course, the one where this great event is being hosted at.

Had a great day practicing putting today. Was able get my elbows back where, I think, they belong and make putts on a more consistent basis. Lag putting worked fairly well also but will need more work.

Spent time after work dialing in a shaft for the F6. I liked the ball flight with the Kusala Silver, but have a reg flex Red Tie coming in, and a ProLaunch Blue as well. May pull the C. Kua from my Classic XL, and the Velox from my Jetspeed for giggles as well if the mood strikes me. May be time to put a couple of the extra drivers into the MP.

Last edited:
Spent time after work dialing in a shaft for the F6. I liked the ball flight with the Kusala Silver, but have a reg flex Red Tie coming in, and a ProLaunch Blue as well. May pull the C. Kua from my Classic XL, and the Velox from my Jetsped for giggles as well if the mood strikes me. Maybe time to put a couple of the extra drivers into the MP.

Nice choices, good luck getting it tuned!

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?

Another good day at the range. I was more consistent with the irons, really worked on tempo again and it's starting to pay off. I hope I can make the captains pick, I think I will have my game in great shape by July.

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?
The Banter on the range and putting green is something I will never forget. So awesome to put screen names to faces. Been lucky enough to experience it twice but am already looking forward to the next one.

THP Events are awesome! I've only been to one official event but the camaraderie amongst all the guys is just great. Whether you're a great golfer or someone just beginning, no one holds grudges or makes it uncomfortable. Just like JB always says "it's everything THP stands for." You just feel like your out playing with some buds but with the THP perks. It's all in good fun. You make friends for life all while playing this fantastic game that we love.

I've only been to one,but meeting everyone for the first time and everyone treating me like an old friend was awesome. I went to the Savannah invitational last year for my first THP event and didn't know anyone, but anyone that was near me came and introduced themselves. From the guys I played a practice round with to my foursome for the event, you couldn't ask for a better group of guys. I made up my mind after that event I would try to make more THP events in 2016!

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody... but I'm looking forward most to watching the DMV team watch the winning team drive south from my rear view mirror.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

My favorite part? The camaraderie. Even if it's someone you've never met before, you know you have a couple of things in common with them right off the bat ... they love golf, and they love THP. That is enough to break the ice and keep things fun. The fact that it usually extends past the round and into a meal and more afterwards makes it that much better. I never thought I'd make as many friends off a message board as I have, but here I am!

Favorite part, not parts?

id say seeing old friend when you arrive for an early round or at the meet and greet. But the feeling of playing a competitive match with a fellow THP'er is hard to match.

Back