New video game "The Golf Club"

My buddy just made a great course called Grand Country Club.Very playable and just a gorgeous track if you like woodlands courses

Magnolia and Chambers Bay are both pretty tough. If Magnolia wasn't a real course I have a feeling people would hate the greens.

If anyone is interested, there is a fair recreation (not Pebble Beach quality, but not bad) of Riviera Country Club out there being used this week on the TGCTours. I would suggest the Friday or Sunday version for a bit less aggravation. Thursday's pins were ridiculous for thh speed of the course.

http://tgctours.com/Course/Details/17546

If anyone is interested, there is a fair recreation (not Pebble Beach quality, but not bad) of Riviera Country Club out there being used this week on the TGCTours. I would suggest the Friday or Sunday version for a bit less aggravation. Thursday's pins were ridiculous for thh speed of the course.

http://tgctours.com/Course/Details/17546

not to mention the 13mph winds I had on the Thursday course

not to mention the 13mph winds I had on the Thursday course

Brutal...the Friday version was softer to where you could actually hold some greens.

Toad@: your Boulder course was very well done.A nice relaxing golf course to play.Really reminded me of a short Castle Pines

Lone Cherry Hill white was an interesting course. Some sculpting of the landscape and it could be solid.

Lone Cherry Hill white was an interesting course. Some sculpting of the landscape and it could be solid.
Will try that tonight.Cant keep up with all the great new courses.Try the Grand Country Club if you get time.Buddy built it and was curious what everyone thought

Searched "the grand country club" and nothing came up. Not sure if it is a me issue or not.

Playing now, somehow got 1mph winds so that is a good start.

#3 is about to get me to quit on principle of being just a silly terrible hole golf wise.

grand3_zpsmfji7uhk.jpg

Played Pinehurst from the maker of Magnolia.Wow,is that brutal with wind at 7458 yards.That is an exact replication to the letter.

A lucky 75,that course is just spewing with danger everywhere

I tried to keep playing your friends course but couldn't get over hole 3. Everything looks good but would be amazed if anyone makes it past 3. Wedge, 3 wood, pitch on a par 4 is beyond stupid, makes me think he doesn't really play much golf. While that isn't a requirement to build a course, I personally like them based on reality somewhat, no problem with narrow fairways and such since the game mechanics are easy but a forced layup with a wedge landing in a 5 yard are between a bunker and boulder on a long par 4 is where I draw the line and say sorry, not playing this course. That is a shame since the course looked good from what I saw.

Played 'Tye Dunes' last night with a couple of friends. Critique: We all liked it tpluff even though I went bad about half way through the round. Some forced layups and risk reward shots

Is there prevailing wind in this game or is it just random? I wish there was some way to set a range of wind you want the course you are building to play in.

Is there prevailing wind in this game or is it just random? I wish there was some way to set a range of wind you want the course you are building to play in.
Has been called for many, and I mean many, times in here alone. Probably quadruple that number on the HB forums. It needs to happen, and it needs to happen soon.

I really don't even care about the speed if I could just have it coming from the same general direction it would improve the ability to build good courses. Amazed they haven't, seems like a fairly simple thing to code.

I tried to keep playing your friends course but couldn't get over hole 3. Everything looks good but would be amazed if anyone makes it past 3. Wedge, 3 wood, pitch on a par 4 is beyond stupid, makes me think he doesn't really play much golf. While that isn't a requirement to build a course, I personally like them based on reality somewhat, no problem with narrow fairways and such since the game mechanics are easy but a forced layup with a wedge landing in a 5 yard are between a bunker and boulder on a long par 4 is where I draw the line and say sorry, not playing this course. That is a shame since the course looked good from what I saw.

Thanks for trying.He is a non avid golfer like myself and would maybe play 9 holes a year.He worked real hard at that one.Im talking a month or more.I shot a 75 there,but I played probably the best round I ever played on TGC.

If he had just started the water at 220 and ended it at 280 the hole would be playable.

Gahhhhh. Had my first real good round in my tournament going and a 2 foot putt goes right over the hole 6 feet and I lip out the come backer. Seriously...

Redoing the Dogwood Ranch with some different tees, a couple of renovations, and hopes of making the tour schedule.

Had an unreal 3rd round in the C. Banks Dance Studios Bel Air Shootout at Drayton Lakes: -17. Aside from that, I couldn't get anything going and I usually like the slower greens as it lets me take a bit of the break out of putts by hitting them a little harder.

R1: -7
R2: -7
R3: -17
R4: -6

Top 25 after 2 rounds in the tournament despite leaving 5 or 6 strokes behind.

Submitted The Golf Club at Dogwood Ranch last night to TGC Tours. Hoping to at least make the Web.com

I'd appreciate everyones feedback on it. I feel like I softened up the greens and listened to what people didn't like last time. Enjoy!

I should get another exemption to D this week, sitting on the front page of the leaderboard. Why is there always that one person that's like 10 strokes ahead of everyone else?? GO AWAY!

I missed earning my C card while on exemption by 1 or 2 strokes, top exempt player went off last week. I can't believe how much more interesting tgctours.com makes everything. I bought this game when it first came out and liked it enough but it lacked the proper competition aspect to keep me interested. Since signing up on tgctours.com I've played this game more in the last 3 weeks than I did the previous year.

Back