My brother just picked up a bottle of Pappy 20 year old. Looking forward to him opening it up!

Lucky =(

I've had about 4 people ******** me about Pappy. I had it but never owned a bottle. Closest I've come is 12 yr Rip.

I've had ORVW 12. This will be a first for the any of the pappy bottles.

I've had ORVW 12. This will be a first for the any of the pappy bottles.

from what I've heard the 20 is a pretty unique animal. quite different from what is customary bourbon. I'd love to try it for myself! I've had pappy a few times, and while it's not worth it TO ME, it's the best bourbon I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from what I've heard the 20 is a pretty unique animal. quite different from what is customary bourbon. I'd love to try it for myself! I've had pappy a few times, and while it's not worth it TO ME, it's the best bourbon I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 20 and 25 have more tannins its more of an over oaked mouthfeel to me, the 15 is where its at.

Such a good one!

b4624940a518bc9388e49d0e5b8bdb82.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Trying to date a bottle of black and white buchanans choice old scotch whiskey, green bottle, white label, black writing, with queens seal, bottled in n.z. Diamond shaped label on back with one white one black dog sitting together side by side. Only writing on back is under dogs "black & white" following line Scotch whiskey. Any ideas on date and value.

It's certainly not bad.

fcc7125141113f2c81302db67f56e763.jpg

I clearly need to get out more.

So many good suggestions here. My routine choice is Evan Williams black label (I thought "everyday" might give the wrong impression there), which I maintain is a great value. For special occasions, I enjoy Booker's, Woodford Reserve, and Bulleit rye.

A local restaurant owner is a bourbon junkie - he has over 40 bourbons and ryes on the shelf, and he also serves this:

http://www.kentuckyale.com/portfolio_page/kentuckybourbonbarrelstout/?age-verified=7b2f8a7af8

The worst whiskey, hands down is baijiu. The really good stuff is barely tolerable. The run of the mill stuff is indistinguishable from Sunoco unleaded regular.

Had a great Old Fashioned the other night made with Makers Mark

any recommendations for a scotch to someone who has a sweet tooth? I would need something smooth with as little medicinal alcohol taste as possible.

Glenmorangie has a Nectar D'Or in the core range and Quinta Ruban that may fit the bill

Glenmorangie has a Nectar D'Or in the core range and Quinta Ruban that may fit the bill
Quinta Ruban is one of my all-time favorites.
Definitely not medical!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Elijah Craig Small Batch

Not bad at all for the price.

Elijah Craig Small Batch

Not bad at all for the price.

i like that as well. elmer t lee and Evan williams single barrel are my go to's around that price

I know this probably makes you whiskey snobs cringe, but this Jim beam small batch makes an unreal 7 and 7 or whatever you would call it without Seagrams

Definitely not medical!

Quinta Ruban is delish

I know this probably makes you whiskey snobs cringe, but this Jim beam small batch makes an unreal 7 and 7 or whatever you would call it without Seagrams

Not at all. Jim Beam actually owns a lot of the smaller craft companies and some of their offerings are pretty good. I'll have to check out the SB.

As for me tonight, I'm leaning into Old Weller Antique.

Tonight, rolling with Booker's. It's much hotter than I remember, but the sweetness is still there.

I need a job I can drink at work

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Woodford neat

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Definitely not medical!

I will take this into consideration.

Currently trying to get through my bottle of Auchentoshen so I can select the next one. Thinking a Macallan, Glemorangie or this Quinta Ruban

I have progressed to the point of being able to enjoy sipping a glass with a splash of water and an occasional chaser of coke.

Practicing this whiskey without a mixer thing. Beam signature craft on the rocks.

I will take this into consideration.

Currently trying to get through my bottle of Auchentoshen so I can select the next one. Thinking a Macallan, Glemorangie or this Quinta Ruban

I have progressed to the point of being able to enjoy sipping a glass with a splash of water and an occasional chaser of coke.

How'd u like the Auchentoshen?

Told a friend at work I started to try to get into drinking bourbon straight and now he's trying to get me into Scotch. Suggested starting with Macallen 12 red (the sherry one). Any other suggestions on more of a beginners type scotch?

Told a friend at work I started to try to get into drinking bourbon straight and now he's trying to get me into Scotch. Suggested starting with Macallen 12 red (the sherry one). Any other suggestions on more of a beginners type scotch?

Can't go wrong with Johnnie Walker

I little relaxing Johnnie Walker Double Black afternoon

Back