Best all around golf app?

Oryx

Reaction score
What’s the best all around app for tracking scores, courses, handicap, analysis, etc?

For just an App, I was happy with golfshot. If you really want to go deep though with stats etc. a system like game golf would be better.

I've tried a lot of them but I really like TheGrint.

On year #3 of The Grint. Easy to use and keeps great stats, at least for me. It costs $19.95 a year and I just renewed it again this season. It does have GPS as well for yardage but I have not used it. Recommend the App.

I am currently using Golf GPS, one thing I love about aside from its feature is that it's for free.

Thanks..... I’ll be checking those out today. Getting ready for a round this weekend

I have used Track My Golf the last 2 years and pay like $20 a year. It syncs with the Apple Watch for distance and does not need the phone if your Apple Watch has the built in GPS. It also keeps all the scores and will update the phone app from the watch.

I've been very happy with The Grint. This is my third year using it, and so far it's the best golf tracking app I've tried. I use it to keep track of scores/stats; I don't utilize the GPS features of the app.

Another +1 for the Grint as well. I use Game Golf for club stats but all my scores go directly into the grint after the round. Its one of the few I have found that actually has a good web interface with quick input of scores.

I haven't tried many, but I use the Garmin golf app with my Garmin Vivoactive 3 and it seems to work quite well. I believe it is free and works without a Garmin device as well.

The premium version of 18 birdies is the best I have used. The gps is very accurate as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the free version of Golf Pad. It includes tracks putts, greens in regulation, score card for the whole foursome and you card save the score card to their online site. On the map is easy to use.

I use the free version of Golf Pad. It includes tracks putts, greens in regulation, score card for the whole foursome and you card save the score card to their online site. On the map is easy to use.

I have used this app as well for the last 2 years. Thinking of trying the grint this year for a handicap although Golf Pad has mentioned that they are working on adding this and if that is the case would probably use this same app as i am very familiar with it and GPS yardage works very well.

The premium version of 18 birdies is the best I have used. The gps is very accurate as well

I used 18 birdies (free version) last week for my round. I ran it along side soothe app to compare. It was fantastic compared to the other app. I was extremely pleased with it.
I did have a yardage issue on two holes though. I emailed them right after the round and got a reply immediately. Great response from them. I'll be using them again for my next round.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I used 18 birdies (free version) last week for my round. I ran it along side soothe app to compare. It was fantastic compared to the other app. I was extremely pleased with it.
I did have a yardage issue on two holes though. I emailed them right after the round and got a reply immediately. Great response from them. I'll be using them again for my next round.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Its a great app

+1 for 1 birdies, used it back in 2017 and early 2018 and liked it

I use the golf pad app and I really love it! I have used it for about 3 years now. Unfortunately I really can't compare to the other apps, I checked out the Grant and it looks pretty cool, I just hate leaving golf Pad now because I have so much information logged for the last 3 years

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Another GolfPad GPS user here.
Used the free version for a year, then at Fathers Day, they had a great sale to upgrade to premium. I think it was $45 for 3 years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18 Birdies. They scaled back some of the free features a few months ago, which pissed me off, but it's still the best.

I used SwingU today (Formerly Swing By Swing) and it was okay.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Some great feedback on what seems like some great apps. I came across the swing u app as well and it looked pretty interesting. I’m going to have to try out a number of these before going all in.
Thanks again

Coach's Eye is great for using with swing vids.

Some great feedback on what seems like some great apps. I came across the swing u app as well and it looked pretty interesting. I’m going to have to try out a number of these before going all in.
Thanks again

I use Swing U. It was actually called Swing by Swing until somewhat recently (6 - 12 months I dont remember). I like it. For an extra few bucks you can track fairways, penalties, sand, etc. For free you get score and putts and pretty accurate and flexible GPS. I have tried several of the others and the two things about this one that I like the most is that:

1. It realizes when you are walking away from the green and will pop up the score entry mode. It sounds minor but once you get accustomed to it, it is frustrating as heck that the others don't also do this.

2. Because of 1 and the fact that you were basically compelled to enter the score, it auto advances to the next hole.

Now, some of the others offer free fairway tracking, etc., and are quite good in my opinion, but that feature described above has just become very important to me personally.

I use the free version of SwingU. Accurate GPS at my normal course and tracks score and putts. I have used it for several years and have no plans on changing to another.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Big fan of the Grint.

Tried several apps before choosing Golf Pad GPS as my go-to app.

Back