jeege

Average Lefty
Reaction score
Handicap
Any members on here a fan of going to music festivals? I'm not sure of the age range of members here, but I'm 26 and became a big fan of EDM festivals a few years ago with the biggest I've attended being EDC in Vegas. There's also a few country music festivals I've been to around Texas that are a lot of fun to attend as well.

There aren't too many people I know outside of my friends who are into them, so I'm curious if there's anyone here with similar music taste!

Went to numerous rock music festivals in my younger years. 54 now and have only been to 2 in the last 20 years unfortunately.

Very cool. I have a few friends who love rock fests, but I haven't been able to go to one myself.

Went to numerous rock music festivals in my younger years. 54 now and have only been to 2 in the last 20 years unfortunately.

Very cool. I have a few friends who love rock fests, but I haven't been able to go to one myself.
I used to live just south of Myrtle Beach, SC and there were a lot of music festivals in Charleston, which was a little over an hour away.

I'm going to one this summer in the Carribean. Looks really plush, some rapper is putting it on. All kinds of big acts on a private island, I will have my own cabana, Wolfgang Puck is making cheese sandwiches. It also looks like a lot of models and celebrities will be there as well. Should be a lot of fun. It's called Burn or Flayme, something about fire, I cant remember.

Very well played :laughing:

I'm going to one this summer in the Carribean. Looks really plush, some rapper is putting it on. All kinds of big acts on a private island, I will have my own cabana, Wolfgang Puck is making cheese sandwiches. It also looks like a lot of models and celebrities will be there as well. Should be a lot of fun. It's called Burn or Flayme, something about fire, I cant remember.

Summerfest is the big one by me in Milwaukee. Huge, with tons of bands of all different genres. Lasts about 2 weeks at the end of June and beginning of July.

I used to frequent Warped Tour, but that's over now. Last year I went to Back To The Beach Fest in California...but I won't be able to make it this year due to baby H on the way.

We have a venue here called Ravinia which hosts acts all summer long. Amazing venue and a MUST experience if you ever get the chance.

Love festivals and music in general.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Argh you beat me to it.

I've been to a couple, nothing too noteworthy.

I went to MerleFest last year iin North Wilksboro,NC last year.This is a big 4 day long Country/bluegrass/folk festival held in early April each year.Last year actor Steve Martin with his bluegrass band was one of the featured artists.The Avett Brothers were there 2 yrs ago and will be back this year.Not big into this type music ,but my Daughter in law and her sister ,accompanied by my son on stand up bass,were in the Battle of Band competition.

I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for that venue to see if there are any artists I follow performing there

Summerfest is the big one by me in Milwaukee. Huge, with tons of bands of all different genres. Lasts about 2 weeks at the end of June and beginning of July.

I used to frequent Warped Tour, but that's over now. Last year I went to Back To The Beach Fest in California...but I won't be able to make it this year due to baby H on the way.

We have a venue here called Ravinia which hosts acts all summer long. Amazing venue and a MUST experience if you ever get the chance.

Love festivals and music in general.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We have one similar here called Bedford Blues Fest. It's also not my favorite genre either but I've gone a few times to catch some live music.

I went to MerleFest last year iin North Wilksboro,NC last year.This is a big 4 day long Country/bluegrass/folk festival held in early April each year.Last year actor Steve Martin with his bluegrass band was one of the featured artists.The Avett Brothers were there 2 yrs ago and will be back this year.Not big into this type music ,but my Daughter in law and her sister ,accompanied by my son on stand up bass,were in the Battle of Band competition.

I was at Woodstock '94. That was a blast. I've been to a few smaller ones. We used to have one here in Dayton called X-Fest which was a great show but it flamed out 7 years ago. Rock on the Range in Columbus is incredible as well. My brother keeps wanting me to trek down to Charlotte for Carolina Rebellion, so that might be on the radar this year. I'm right up there in age with Sox_Fan (52). I prefer rock/metal shows over anything else.

Man, I can't even imagine how much fun Woodstock was.

I was at Woodstock '94. That was a blast. I've been to a few smaller ones. We used to have one here in Dayton called X-Fest which was a great show but it flamed out 7 years ago. Rock on the Range in Columbus is incredible as well. My brother keeps wanting me to trek down to Charlotte for Carolina Rebellion, so that might be on the radar this year. I'm right up there in age with Sox_Fan (52). I prefer rock/metal shows over anything else.

Summerfest in Milwaukee is a huge draw. Big time performers show up. But I have a love-hate relationship with the festival, because I live a block away from the fest grounds, so my 2-min work commute becomes 45 unless I walk.

I was at Woodstock 99 and that was crazy fun until the end when a bunch of idiots started a bunch of fires. Been to a few Ozz Fests and smaller ones an they were always fun. Woodstock is happening again this year for the 50th reunion but being older not sure it would be as fun as 99. I enjoy a good concert though.

My brother in law has several huge music festivals each year at his farm outside of Manchester, England.

Went to the Warped Tour a few times as well as Lollapalooza way back when. Did not know about Woodstock 50, going to have to check that out when they release the lineup.

I heard Peter Buck from R.E.M. is back in Todos Santos again, and planning another music festival. I've never been to one, but this is supposed to be an awesome, impromptu event that a lot of legends attend. Todos Santos is a great place for music though, and we hope to drive down from La Paz the next time they have something going on.

Man, I can't even imagine how much fun Woodstock was.

I really wanted to see Alice In Chains at Woodstock but that was one of the years Layne Staley was on the serious heroine kick and they didn't make it. One of the neat things at Woodstock '94 was they held all night raves on the side stage. You could party from dusk 'til dawn if you wanted. Alcohol sales went 24/7 for the weekend. The 50th Anniversary would be awesome. I think it will be cool no matter who plays.

I've played in a few Blues festivals over the years and attended a few as a spectator.
My band opened for Taj Mahal several years ago. That was a blast.

Went to the Warped Tour a few times as well as Lollapalooza way back when. Did not know about Woodstock 50, going to have to check that out when they release the lineup.

Lollapalooza is one of the festivals on my list I want to attend.

My brother in law has several huge music festivals each year at his farm outside of Manchester, England.

Man, the amount of work and planning that goes into putting a festival together is unreal.

Music festival-goers are spoilt for choice in London, as the capital hosts exciting and eclectic music festivals all year round.

Back