Buying Forged irons at Callaway Preowned

Shep

Reaction score
Handicap
8-16
I bought a set of forged but it was quite awhile ago and I don't remember the condition category they were in but I think the top one. I bring this up because I have heard that buying forged irons in anything but the "like new" condition is risky because of how forged can wear. Anybody have experiences with buying forged from CP with average condition ratings and if so what was your assessment of the irons ,thanks?

I bought a set of forged but it was quite awhile ago and I don't remember the condition category they were in but I think the top one. I bring this up because I have heard that buying forged irons in anything but the "like new" condition is risky because of how forged can wear. Anybody have experiences with buying forged from CP with average condition ratings and if so what was your assessment of the irons ,thanks?

one thing that I like about other pre-owned websites over CPO is that some of them offer actual pictures of the clubs, allowing you to see the actual condition

The Callaway irons all look the same (stock) picture I see. Am I missing something?

I would say if you want perfect forged irons you need to buy new. Used forged should have bag chatter and ball marks on face.
CPO has always over valued condition on anything I have bought from them. You can’t pay for average condition and expect excellent (not saying you expect that) but I have seen that expectation many times here.
I would say buy with confidence from CPO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bought my Apex CF16 irons from CPO - I think they were one below "like new" and they were in great condition. Sure, you could tell they'd been played, but they were clean.

"Average" is the bottom condition at CPO, I believe so there I'd expect there to be a good amount of chatter.

For things they have a lot of stock of, generally Callaway products the top 2 categories are usually fine. The second from top titleist irons had quite a bit of wear.

Remember you can always call cpo when you order. Usually that works out for people

i bought my Apex CF16 irons from CPO - I think they were one below "like new" and they were in great condition. Sure, you could tell they'd been played, but they were clean.

"Average" is the bottom condition at CPO, I believe so there I'd expect there to be a good amount of chatter.

I agree with both you guys on "reasonable expectations" and if you want perfect buy new. Just curious about experiences other than like new category. Bag chatter and some wear is expected but there are degrees of such. Pretty tough to call I know but thought I would ask.

I call them all the time when thinking of ordering. When I got the Apex with Recoils a few sets and years ago the sales guy actually kept an eye out for exact set I was looking for and let me know. They change their promos every week and when I got those Apex it worked out great with a trade in bonus plus club discount. That was the best situation and haven't noticed any trade in bonus lately. Was told that usually comes in March.

Back