MP5 users: Would love to hear from you

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious what your handicap is and what you like/dislike about the clubs. Also curious if you are a long, average, or short hitter.

I’m 51 and a 7 hcp. I play them occasionally. Love them. With this set, my 7 iron distance is around 155.

I have a set of 919 Forged irons arriving this week. I feel like the additional help they provide will be very tempting, but nothing looks as good in the bag as MP5s.
31ae8ad74b8d1e0d3d349844f682a6dc.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an owner but I hit them last year thinking to upgrade from my mp-59.

I felt their distances were true to loft, spin rates were bang on what I was looking for and they looked AMAZING. I hit my 7 iron around 160-165.

Only reason I didn't swap was my mp-59 still do everything the mp5's do :) (I regret my decision). With the 919 forged you might see a little more ballspeed and distance but this will be mainly due to the degree or two difference in lofts

edit to add: they felt softer when struck out the middle but i generally have a tiny thin and they were a little stingy

I say they are the best clubs I have ever hit iron wise. I have the Cobra CB/MB going in the bag for the whole 2019 season so time will tell. MP5 and MPH5 I run as a combo set. I switched them all the time and have so much fun doing it. I will say after hitting the Cobra, the Cobra seems to be easier to hit even though it may be a bit smaller I think.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Curious what your handicap is and what you like/dislike about the clubs. Also curious if you are a long, average, or short hitter.

I’m 51 and a 7 hcp. I play them occasionally. Love them. With this set, my 7 iron distance is around 155.

I have a set of 919 Forged irons arriving this week. I feel like the additional help they provide will be very tempting, but nothing looks as good in the bag as MP5s.
31ae8ad74b8d1e0d3d349844f682a6dc.jpg

Thanks!

That club in the bag at the top is MPH5 right? Looks like it.

That club in the bag at the top is MPH5 right? Looks like it.

Correct!

Back