Need help with a forum testing idea

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
As we all know THP has contests and drawings to test out awesome gear. I have an idea that can put more gear in testers hands but I am not sure if the Mods would allow it or not. There may be a perfectly good reason it wont work so if that is the case then it can be poo poo'd before it ever starts. I will lay out below how I think it could work, names are for reference only.

#1 Jman gets the new Acme Ballistic Bazooka driver in for one of his fabulous reviews.

#2 After he has had it for as long as is needed for a thorough review a new thread will be created called "Acme Ballistic Bazooka forum testing" Any Albatross club member who wants to test it puts they're name in a post in the thread. First come first served. The first post in the thread would be a list of potential reviewers that can be edited as it moves from member to member. It would look something like this:

badolds

soxfan

mikeg74

h8tobogie

#3 badolds gets the driver for a set period of time, say 3 weeks. After his time is up he would then be responsible to ship it at his cost to soxfan.

#4 soxfan gets his 3 weeks but mikeg74 is no longer interested in the club so it is passed to h8tobogie. It continues until no one else wants to try it.

Here are some possible problems and solutions if they arise.

Problem, It gets lost or damaged in the mail.

Solution, Insure the shipment for an agreed upon value clearly stated in the first post.

problem, badolds puts a sky mark on it.

solution, badolds pays a fee to THP or charity that is clearly stated in the first post.

problem, JB is constantly listening to people complain or dealing with problems that arise from this

solution, discontinue the program immediately.

I think we are a special group that could pull this off without a lot of trouble. I think it should start as a test only and expand if it works without trouble or drama. I would like to hear the groups opinion of this and especially any ways to make it better.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Badolds,
Its an awesome idea and gesture, the problem is that we have tried it out before. Shipping delays, lives get in the way, etc.
It almost always leads to something despite no ill intent.

Back