Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XR pros. W/ DG pros

CPO has a pretty sweet sale going on and a nice set of Apex MB's

CPO has a pretty sweet sale going on and a nice set of Apex MB's

I picked some up a few days ago and I cannot wait to get them on Monday so I can reshaft them. I wanted some MBs just to tinker with and I cannot believe I will have a "like new" set for less than $500 including new Project x shafts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need a new carry/stand bag. I 60/40 split my time between carrying and a push cart. The only time I use driving carts is if an event or course requires it.

My used SM Three 5 from ca. 2006-7 is dead. Considering:

SM Three 5 (maybe Four 5)
Ping 4 Series (maybe Hoofer)
One of the comparable Callaways (you Callaway nuts seem to like them ;-) )

I've seen some deals out there, but in a surprise to me I have become quite picky about colors.

I also need new shoes. My Footboy Contours are from the same era as my bag. The support is gone and even my wife says I need to throw them away. I will start trying on shoes and if something fits will likely buy it on the spot. I tend to like more classic style golf shoes. I am not a fan of all these shoes that are modeled after skateboard shoes. I could soften to the more running shoe style, as I see their functional potential.

Odyssey White Hot RX V-line Fang. Think it will happen.

I'm considering picking up a rangefinder. GPS is nice, but I think I prefer a rangefinder. I'm thinking Tour v3 jolt.

I'm not really pondering much new... But I am pondering my first dome session with the new CF16s that are on the way, as well as the new to me XR16 Pro 4 wood.

. ..Considering:

SM Three 5 (maybe Four 5)
Ping 4 Series (maybe Hoofer)
One of the comparable Callaways (you Callaway nuts seem to like them ;-) )

I've seen some deals out there, but in a surprise to me I have become quite picky about colors.

You have some good options there. I think some folks have been disappointed with how the current gen Three5 and Four5 sit on a ClicGear, if that is a consideration for you. Add the new version of the Wilson Staff Nexus stand bag to that list as well. Great carry bag, and the new bottom design works much better with carts than the prior model.

I'm not really pondering much new... But I am pondering my first dome session with the new CF16s that are on the way, as well as the new to me XR16 Pro 4 wood.

You have some good options there. I think some folks have been disappointed with how the current gen Three5 and Four5 sit on a ClicGear, if that is a consideration for you. Add the new version of the Wilson Staff Nexus stand bag to that list as well. Great carry bag, and the new bottom design works much better with carts than the prior model.

Hey thanks. I need to open up to Wilson. I'll take a peak.

BTW, I use a SM microcart. I would hope their bags fit OK.

Hit some drivers today. M2, GBB, King Ltd and the Mizuno jpx ez. Only in stock shafts and no access to try different ones. They all produced similar number for me. Struck the ball really good. Did not help my pondering... Haha

CPO has a MD PM Grind in a 58* with a Aerotech Steel Fiber i110 Graphite shaft that has my eye.

After my range session today. King blades with KBS C-Tapers and a Ping Crossover or two (or three).

Last edited:
I was channeling my inner JimmyNumbers (he was in the stall next to me).
He's a good one to channel. And those irons are beautimous.

I had to add the Clicgear extension thingie to make my 2016 four 5 sit properly on it.

After using a 2015 three 5 and then going to a 2016 four 5, I would go with the four5 All day long because of the individual dividers. I didn't even notice the weight difference when it was all loaded up and my clubs don't chatter when walking like they did with the three5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinking I want to upgrade my push cart to a clicgear. Just not sure how good of a price I can find. Found a decent deal on eBay but wondering if I should wait a little bit.

thinking I want to upgrade my push cart to a clicgear. Just not sure how good of a price I can find. Found a decent deal on eBay but wondering if I should wait a little bit.

When I was looking it seemed there were never really any deals on new ones. Everywhere I looked locally and online were similar in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from Dan's Discount Golf for $189. No tax and free shipping. I've said it in other threads, but it's one of the best golf purchases I've made. If you do get it though, make sure you get the XL cup holder. The one that comes with it tiny!

Look for Sports Authority online. They have 20% off and it can be used in Clic gear. Comes out to 170 I think

I got mine from Dan's Discount Golf for $189. No tax and free shipping. I've said it in other threads, but it's one of the best golf purchases I've made. If you do get it though, make sure you get the XL cup holder. The one that comes with it tiny!
I've found it on the flea Bay for just a few bucks more. Seems that's about a good of a price as I will find.

I will make sure I add a few accessories in time. Amazon with prime for a lot of those I'm sure. haha

Look for Sports Authority online. They have 20% off and it can be used in Clic gear. Comes out to 170 I think
I like it. Thanks brother.

I've found it on the flea Bay for just a few bucks more. Seems that's about a good of a price as I will find.

I will make sure I add a few accessories in time. Amazon with prime for a lot of those I'm sure. haha

Yeah the XL cup holder was around $12 with Amazon Prime and I ordered the GPS mount direct from ClicGear ($19 shipped). That push cart is money though. I was a little skeptical about it, but I frickin' love mine.

Last edited:
I just can't decide what color I want. Haha. Dang it.

After my range session today. King blades with KBS C-Tapers and a Ping Crossover or two (or three).

Nice. I have the CB/MB combo on my ponder list

He's a good one to channel. And those irons are beautimous.

I actually was surprised how I hit them when I tried those. They look TINY down by the ball. But yeah, they're nice looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back