SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Second work out is in the books. Very nice workout this time. Definitely workouts to keep balance and stay on plain. It has a couple exercises that were pretty easy but I struggled with them on my left side. I know the range of motion in my left shoulder isn't the same as my right. It really showed in those 2 exercises. My left shoulder was broke in half and my left collar bones was shattered into 5 pieces in a motorcycle accident about 10 years ago. So that's why. Hopefully this workout will help me get more motion in it. Other than that the Accuracy Phase 1 was really good at showing my balance with each individual leg. Can't wait till the end workouts to see the difference. So far I'm really liking this golf workout regimen. It's focuses on the muscles I use doing the game I love. With my work schedule and wanting to be able to practice golf. Doesn't leave much time for full blown workouts every other day that will help my body. So this is perfect for flexibility and power for golf at only 3 times a week. Win win for me.

I'm going to have to take some time and read this thread all over again. It's really cool that a few other guys on here have started to use the program. Well done gents.

Yep I'm sore again today. It feels good knowing I'm helping my golf game and flexibility.

Did the accuracy work out tonight after playing 18 and 100 range balls may not have been the best idea ever. I was a bit tired to start the workout and it showed in a couple of the exercises. My balance and stability were really tested today, neither have been great when it comes to the golf swing.

The exercises in the accuracy work out really focused on balance, loading, creating coil(through shoulder & hip disassociation), loading into the back leg. The one leg raise with the band low and the shoulder turn using glide pad are work outs I need to definitely work on.

I woke up this morning and could tell I had worked the golf muscles yesterday, not sore but feel I used them.

Decided to hit the range today since it was gorgeous out mid 50's and sunny. From the first warm up swing I could feel the tiredness of my gluteus/quads/hip flexors. It did effect my range session in a good way though as I had to concentrate and make the muscles do what I needed them to. As I progressed through my session I could feel the muscles getting exhausted and to me that's a good things as it was proof the program is really concentrating on and working the muscles used in the swing.

3rd workout is in the books. Flexibility wasn't bad at all. Only about 30 mins as well. Loving this program so far.

Bullfrog are you seeing weak areas as you are going through the exercises? Anything you expected you would need to improve on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished my second go round with Flexibility Phase 1. The timing was perfect because I've been sitting in my desk chair damn near all weekend hammering out a paper. It definitely helped loosen up my back and glutes.

Has anyone read the core performance golf book buy the exos guy? Just wondering how it is and relates to this

Has anyone read the core performance golf book buy the exos guy? Just wondering how it is and relates to this

I haven't, but I'm reading up on it now and I may give it a shot.

Finally in the clear to resume here tonight as the tooth extraction should be OK now. Will have to start with W2 sadly thanks to the events of last week, but thats OK. I'm honestly super curious to see how round 2 of these workouts go now knowing the moves and rhythm/cadence to the program.

Heard about this a little bit yesterday from Frogger, Liking his thoughts on it.
Might become a ponder...

CJ I'm not gonna lie and I think this may be a huge help to you. I know you have flexibility issues and while I haven't done the flexibility work out yet the strength and accuracy ones have worked the areas that I lack flexibility in.

Well week two is in the books. I really enjoyed the second week from the perspective that I now knew what each exercise was and could focus more on doing each one instead of paying attention to the video. I was still sore after completing the first two sessions earlier in the week but definitely not like the first week. The flexibility session doesn't really leave me sore but I can definitely tell which areas I need to work on. It's crazy to see how one side of my body can be so much weaker or less flexible than the other side. I'm going to be out of town for work at the end of this week so my workouts are going to be moved around a little but I'm looking forward to see my progress compared to the first week.

Is there any way to do the band exercises without a doorway? There isn't any convenient doorway in my house.

Is there any way to do the band exercises without a doorway? There isn't any convenient doorway in my house.

You could pull it off if you had something to anchor it on, but the issue would be when you had to change the height.

Not that I'm aware of, at least not safely IMO.

I have to move a couch out of the way when using the bands. But it's quick and easy to move and replace. So no biggie for me.

Heard about this a little bit yesterday from Frogger, Liking his thoughts on it.
Might become a ponder...

Yes CJ!!! you could definitely benefit from this. The way it helps with flexibility is amazing. It helps with shoulder turn while keeping your core sturdy.

Bullfrog are you seeing weak areas as you are going through the exercises? Anything you expected you would need to improve on?

I didn't expect my left side to be more stable than my right. I knew my range of motion in my left shoulder wasn't the same as my right because of an accident a few years ago. But I didn't think it was affected as much as it is. A few of the exercise really pointed out the difference. I can't wait to see the flexibility difference in my left shoulder at the end of the 6 weeks. So far I am really liking what it's showing me. Now it's up to me to get it worked out.

I used a heavy dresser to do the low exercises as my old house doors I can't shut the webbing in the door. My room at home isn't ideal but I made it work.

For the high anchor exercises I was able to close the door then keep it shut with a dresser that sits by the door.

I started week 3 today and pushed hard through Distance Phase 1. While Flexibility feels the best, I feel like I get the most of Distance. I'm looking forward to phase 2 next week already!

I understand that the lessons are on DVD, which is where my question lies. Are there any options to rip the DVDs or other digital versions of them (an app maybe?) I do not have a door anywhere near a TV and device that can play a DVD. Further, none of our computers have take CD/DVDs. Anyone else had to overcome this issue? I'm sold on this plan if I can overcome this little hurdle!

I understand that the lessons are on DVD, which is where my question lies. Are there any options to rip the DVDs or other digital versions of them (an app maybe?) I do not have a door anywhere near a TV and device that can play a DVD. Further, none of our computers have take CD/DVDs. Anyone else had to overcome this issue? I'm sold on this plan if I can overcome this little hurdle!
They can be streamed as well.

They can be streamed as well.

Well, I hope you get a commission because you just made a sale. Thanks for the info!

Back