Carry driver shaft on a plane?

JP_CO

Chamption of something...
Reaction score
Handicap
depends
Wondering if anyone recently have been able to carry on a shaft with them on a plane. Removing the head and keep them separate.

While I believe you can, I have never felt the need and always just go tip down in my golf bag. Never had an issue with all of the flights we take.

While I believe you can, I have never felt the need and always just go tip down in my golf bag. Never had an issue with all of the flights we take.

Same here. Pop the head off and in the bag tip down has worked for me.

Was hoping to take just my driver with me on my travel to CA. Reading all over the place that some say yes and some say no. TSA says no golf clubs, but wondering if it's a different story if the head is detached from the shaft.

I never have, usually just pop the heads off and leave the shafts in the golf bag. Don't see why you couldn't though.

My buddy carried the shaft separate from the head home to Japan with him. He just called it his walking stick.

Both of those articles are from 2013, you might want to double check with a more recent posting?

Good luck, hope you can!

You're correct, that was old info. Looks like the most current info is no, you can't take clubs onboard. I called our (SWA) ops here in Dallas and they thought that if it didn't not have a head on it, that a club shaft would be okay.

Back