Personal Statistics Tracking

therealdeal

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anybody use statistics tracking and what good services have you found?

I found Nike360 and scoutgolf. Does anybody use those?

Swing by Swing is pretty solid, but I enter everything from my rounds into a spreadsheet I made. There are also options like Game Golf and Arccos.

I have Arccos and love it. Ease of use is great and it will break up where your strength and weaknesses are. I used to keep track with another app on my phone, but Arccos has a ton of data that I couldn't really keep track of before.

The price is high, but for me it has been worth it. I hope they get the Android version up and running again so everybody can use it.

You made a spreadsheet of your own? it looks like scoutgolf is a version of that...

I've looked into Arccos and GameGolf but I dont really want to wear something or install something on my clubs.

Anybody use those and find them distracting? Or is it not something you think about?

As far as apps go, I find Golf Shot the easiest to use. Best mobile and browser interface imo.

I have Arccos and love it. Ease of use is great and it will break up where your strength and weaknesses are. I used to keep track with another app on my phone, but Arccos has a ton of data that I couldn't really keep track of before.

The price is high, but for me it has been worth it. I hope they get the Android version up and running again so everybody can use it.

I was given a Game Golf, but the whole sensor tap kind of turned me off. I've gone back and forth on getting the Arccos system. Do you think it's worth it? My only issue is I couldn't use the putter sensor with the Super Stroke counter core grip installed.

I was given a Game Golf, but the whole sensor tap kind of turned me off. I've gone back and forth on getting the Arccos system. Do you think it's worth it? My only issue is I couldn't use the putter sensor with the Super Stroke counter core grip installed.

For me it has definitely been worth it. Can't say the same for anyone else as it is a few hundred bucks and I wouldn't dare to tell people how to spend their money. Best way I can break it down is if you are keeping stats already and want to get more out if it, then it is a solid investment. If you aren't going to look at the stats post round, save your money for something else.

With Game Golf you have to wear a device on your belt and install sensors on the end of your clubs? Then do you have to do anything else during the round? Do you have to charge the devices?

Last edited:
I use the GolfLogix app. It's got great GPS abilities as well.

I use Arccos and love it. The sensors don't bother me at all and the amount of information it gives you is staggering.

I plug my rounds and statistics into TheGrint and they have a pretty good app and interface. I'm happy with it so far.

Wow, lots of stuff out there! I don't really love the idea of using my phone during a round. I prefer to use a laser finder for distance because I find myself checking messages or the news while playing a round. Then my round tanks!

scoutgolf and thegrint seem to be what I am looking for. I like the customization of scoutgolf.

I use the GolfLogix app. It's got great GPS abilities as well.
I second this. Easy to use, keeps as many stats as you want to put into it.

I plug my rounds and statistics into TheGrint and they have a pretty good app and interface. I'm happy with it so far.

I use TheGrint as well and really like it. I input stats hole by hole.

I use TheGrint as well and really like it. I input stats hole by hole.

I use The Grint too...not during the round though, I enter the data post round. I've used the others mentioned, GolfLogix, Swing By Swing, Golf Shot...they all pretty much do the same, user interface being the only difference.

I made my own spreadsheet to keep track of a good amount of stats that I would want to keep track of. It gives me the customization I like.

Of these stat programs mentioned are there some more suited for iPhone or Android, or can they all be used with either?

what kind of stats do you keep track of? I am thinking through what to have scoutgolf.com to do for me.

I made my own spreadsheet to keep track of a good amount of stats that I would want to keep track of. It gives me the customization I like.

what kind of stats do you keep track of? I am thinking through what to have scoutgolf.com to do for me.

Fairways hit, Greens, Putts, up and downs, and what club i tee'd off with. I am thinking about adding in approach distance to get an idea of where I usually sit for approachs for par 4s

I use Excel and create a new tab for each year:
Date, Course, Score, Par, ESC, Slope, Rating, Differential, Eagles, Birdies, Pars, Bogeys, Doubles, Other, Penalties, GIR, GIR%, FW, FW%, Putts, Proximity, Proximity/GIR, Proximity/GIR Opportunity, Putts/GIR, 3-putts, Longest Putt Made, Shortest 1 Putt, Up/Down%, Greenside Bunker Save %, Par 3 Avg, Par 4 Avg, Par 5 Avg, Avg Drive, Long Drive

For each of those, if I have a new low/high, good and bad, for the year, I'll color code it
CRAZY!! :clown::dazed::drool::golf::glasses-nerdy::surrender::wtf:

Golf%20Stats_zpsxbyt93ls.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also have a summary tab to grab some of the info from each sheet so I can see year-to-year changes.

+1 on arccos. It has helped me so much in identifying my weaknesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only issue is I couldn't use the putter sensor with the Super Stroke counter core grip installed.
I just installed that grip and what I did was remove the piece that would normally go into the shaft and using electrical tape around the sensor to keep it on. It looks cheesy but it works well.

+1 on arccos. It has helped me so much in identifying my weaknesses.

I just installed that grip and what I did was remove the piece that would normally go into the shaft and using electrical tape around the sensor to keep it on. It looks cheesy but it works well.

Only gripe is the price I take it?

Back