The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely agree, and we both have some good positives for sure with the proximity to family and as you said, overall it's a pretty area with solid outdoors options. Definitely lots of skiing in PA, I'm just gonna have to get used to little hills again and pick up some skinny carving skis haha. And there's lots of really solid hiking and golf in the area too. My company's plant is in Pottsville, which is about 45 minutes west of Allentown in Schuylkill County.

There's some not so bad hills in Vermont like Jay's Peak, I've done some skiing in that area.

There's some not so bad hills in Vermont like Jay's Peak, I've done some skiing in that area.

For sure, will definitely be spending some time skiing in New England if this ends up happening.

Floridians must have humidity to survive, when I go to the desert in 2 days I can't breath, nose bleeds and feel like a raisin overall.

Yeah, humidity is no joke. It is basically responsible for breaking up a 4 year relationship haha

Thank you! Moving certainly isnt any fun, especially since I went through a massive reorganization a few months ago after the b!+(# left. Not looking forward to round 2 but we do what we must, and I will. Thank goodness for good friends!

Floridians must have humidity to survive, when I go to the desert in 2 days I can't breath, nose bleeds and feel like a raisin overall.

Whereas when us Westerners come to Florida, every breath feels like we're going to drown, sweating is useless, and moving through the air feels more like swimming :alien:

Amazing how we get conditioned to our area, I spent 2 weeks in the high desert of Peru /Chile and thought I would just turn to dust and blow away. Not to mention the altitude and being a smoker it was not good.

Beautiful Country if you like the look of the moon, but all that being said if I could have got into the Gauntlet I would have been a smiling happy guy with a bottle of water in my hand every waking moment.

Whereas when us Westerners come to Florida, every breath feels like we're going to drown, sweating is useless, and moving through the air feels more like swimming :alien:

THats more a central FL thing than on the coast however. I agree the weather in Orlando is like living in an arm pit.

THats more a central FL thing than on the coast however. I agree the weather in Orlando is like living in an arm pit.

and the people are the stinky, disgusting hairs

I'm on a conference call right now with someone who says "you know" after every 10th word (being generous, not exaggerating).

Doing everything I can not to hang up.

Haha, I remember that feeling. Now i feel like a stinky kitchen sponge when Im back east

You mean like when I say like, like after every other word, like I want to blow my brains out when I hear more than 1 like used out of context.

I found you to be quite nice and not sweaty at all during our round, hit the ball real well also.

and the people are the stinky, disgusting hairs

I found you to be quite nice and not sweaty at all during our round, hit the ball real well also.

God bless wicking material

I seriously hate this town though. I'd move if life weren't so darn complicated.

I rarely if ever say anything about a company, but working with the people at a certain doppler launch monitor company has to be one of the most frustrating things I have ever dealt with regardless of business I have been in.

Fiscal year end.

My sweet southern baptist mother would be so ashamed of the vulgarity that flies from my office at year end.

Is it just me or does it seem like an affirmative response now comes in the form of "yah-yah-yah" (3 times EXACTLY and in quick succession) rather than "yes" these days. Started to notice it a month or 2 ago and now it seems like I hear it everywhere!! Primarily millenials but I don't want to stereotype. :act-up:

Is it just me or does it seem like an affirmative response now comes in the form of "yah-yah-yah" (3 times EXACTLY and in quick succession) rather than "yes" these days. Started to notice it a month or 2 ago and now it seems like I hear it everywhere!! Primarily millenials but I don't want to stereotype. :act-up:

New one to me...and I am a millenial and I can promise you I don't say this haha

budget night here and I'm on call. This marks 3 of the last 4 years I've been on OT those nights. Currently talks sound like they will be going on until 5AM. We shall see.

Can't say I've heard that, and I recently worked with a bunch, I mean a bunch of millenaials

Someone needs to nuke I-35 in Dallas and start over.

I'm on a conference call right now with someone who says "you know" after every 10th word (being generous, not exaggerating).

Doing everything I can not to hang up.

you know, patients is a virtue....lol

The mute button was the best thing that ever happened to me + conference calls hahahaha

Gotta be careful with that there mute button though, it'll getcha!!

"Not being on this call sounds good..." :foot-in-mouth:
ally-bank-facts-of-life-mute-buttons-large-9.jpg

I've heard it too. I know I have caught myself saying it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back