Hopkins Golf CP1 SuperSpoon Fairway Wood - THP Preview

What are the specs of the Super Spoon that you had in KC (that Seth hit)?

He was hitting the 15° version in stiff flex.

$169 for a limited time.

Why did you have to post this?
Decisions, decisions 3W or 4W? Spent some of the slush fun so it's one not both.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

If you have any issues with elevating fairway woods at all, I'd say you can't go wrong with 16.5°.

Where can you test one?

I dunno man. Low-risk buy imo, but I suppose everybody is unique. Pretty standard fairway wood and it looks/sounds very nice. Nicely made to work well off the turf without sucking off the tee.

I guess the one negative is you probably won't recoup much out of it if it's a bust.

according to their website, the ew in orlando is a hopkins retailer. i'd call first to see if they were in stock, but it sounds like maybe not? but you're right, it's low-risk.

according to their website, the ew in orlando is a hopkins retailer. i'd call first to see if they were in stock, but it sounds like maybe not? but you're right, it's low-risk.

Nice, I'd heard they went retail, but really never knew any details. Would be cool if it worked out that way.

Nice, I'd heard they went retail, but really never knew any details. Would be cool if it worked out that way.

i want to say i've seen them in some golf shops around here, too, but on a very limited basis.

If you have any issues with elevating fairway woods at all, I'd say you can't go wrong with 16.5°.
#Enabler :act-up:

Thanks, carry is a good thing.

Edit: Purchased a 16.5°

Last edited:

I've seen the wedges at the show near me. I'll keep an eye out for the woods.

From what I've heard I'm really intrigued by this club. Would love to get some swings in, but $169 is a pretty good price for a fairway.

I dont know how i missed this but that looks good. I do like the graphics on the head.

Saw the Tour Spoon commercial last night. Immediately it reminded me of the Maltby Golfworks fairways. Does anybody know if Maltby designed this for Hopkins?

Nice write-up Hawk.

Do you know if they'll sell a weight kit? If you swap the weights, you get a draw bias (per your review) but could you get heavier weights and get more of the fade? Asking for a friend...

I soooo want to buy this club, like right this instant...

RH only booooooo. I knew it. Good review Hawk. Really wanted to hit this.

Nice write-up Hawk.

Do you know if they'll sell a weight kit? If you swap the weights, you get a draw bias (per your review) but could you get heavier weights and get more of the fade? Asking for a friend...

I soooo want to buy this club, like right this instant...

I don't see anywhere that mentions aftermarket weight availability. I will say I saw some strong draw-ers of the ball hit it with no issues at the neutral setting though.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this, really want to see if I can get it with the tour green shaft...

anybody still gaming this? it continues to be on my mind for some reason.

Yes, I am gaming the 16.5°. It's a great club.

After a 6 month hiatus I played my first round on Easter Sunday. I had almost forgotten how easy the Spoon is to hit off the deck, which considering the throwback name really shouldn't be a surprise.

Even considering how many clubs I own and how much I like to tinker, this club has a lock on it's spot in my bag.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on the shaft and how it feels/plays?

I have a smooth transition so YMMV.
The shaft seems to have a softer tip, which makes sense with how easy it is to get the ball up off the deck. In regular flex, the shaft is fairly light but still feels controlled throughout the swing.
I hope this helps.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on the shaft and how it feels/plays?
Stiff held up just fine for myself and ATLgolfer who both have pretty high swing speeds. No issues at all. Incredibly fun setup.

Stiff held up just fine for myself and ATLgolfer who both have pretty high swing speeds. No issues at all. Incredibly fun setup.

Thank you. Am looking to buy this in x. I dont have anything x but my other shafts have a high kickpoint and the Hopkins site only has the x as having a high kickpoint.

Thank you. Am looking to buy this in x. I dont have anything x but my other shafts have a high kickpoint and the Hopkins site only has the x as having a high kickpoint.
My advice would be to not overthink it.

I agree with this.

The Super Spoon is awesome. It makes the ball fly straight, high and a long way. Stock shaft was a nice fit to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back