Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Haha I'm sure it's because I've played a 60 for so long. I'm certain I could have gotten used to the 58* but I could always bend the 60 if I want to!

I probably should just play a 60*. not sure I've ever hit the 58 with the face square haha

Going to need to get some new wedges soon to go with my new Ping G irons... PW is 45, so i'm either at 50,54 and 58, or just go 52/58... Not sure. Be nice to just be able to use 2

I cant help completely, but above is a post I made after testing all of them at Titleist.

Thanks. Basically just trying to decide what to do for a 54/56 and 60. From that description maybe the S in the 54/56 and K for the 60. I assume the K would still work fine for short greenside pitches/chips etc. Guess I will have to try them out before buying.

My local course is havn a Titleist demo day but not till mid March... Oh man im itchn to try these... For those who have already hit them, can you compare to MD3?

Last edited:
Was at my club pro shop and saw these in person. These really are gorgeous wedges. I'm definitely getting a 50/54/58 set.

Looking back at old Vokey's these resemble the old 400 series aesthetically

5ded722f541fc5065421a02d4e7b37e7.jpg
d73048716dcd9e248bf7d581b6077e82.jpg

Do we have a release date on these? I feel like I've heard 4/11 but not sure if anyone has anything concrete.

Do we have a release date on these? I feel like I've heard 4/11 but not sure if anyone has anything concrete.
I want to say it's March something. Second week of March I'm pretty sure is what I was told I was going to get mine.

I want to say it's March something. Second week of March I'm pretty sure is what I was told I was going to get mine.

Release date is March 11.

Yep that's what I thought but didn't want to be wrong. He told me expect them to come in a day or two early.

They look great. Can't wait to get my hands on them!

I hit the SM6 60 and 62 the other day. They were great for the short flop shots I was testing. Makes me seriously ponder adding a 62 in the bag instead of a 3h to complete my set.

Going to need to get some new wedges soon to go with my new Ping G irons... PW is 45, so i'm either at 50,54 and 58, or just go 52/58... Not sure. Be nice to just be able to use 2

In the same boat, except I bought the Ping G utility wedge, since its almost always a full swing club. I'm thinking 54 and 58, but I've never bagged anything more lofted than a 56. I'd look really hard at the SM5s right now, except I'm looking for a consistent gap between my wedges, and I won't know that until the Gs get here and I have had a chance to play with them.

Vokey SM6 Wedges

Vokey SM6 Wedges

After today's round I probably should get the AW from ping and then maybe 54/60 in the wedge setup. Good to keep things similar to the irons as much as possible IMO

After hitting the sm6 I much prefer its feel over my existing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord those black finished ones are sexy. I'm certainly in the market for new wedges this year and these are at the top of the priority list to test....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vokey SM6 Wedges

Vokey SM6 Wedges

There we go, I knew it was the 11th he said...but he's a super old mom and pop shop owner, said he had just gotten off the phone with his Titleist rep. He mixed the month up. That sounds more like what I would've expected, thanks Ary.

In the same boat, except I bought the Ping G utility wedge, since its almost always a full swing club. I'm thinking 54 and 58, but I've never bagged anything more lofted than a 56. I'd look really hard at the SM5s right now, except I'm looking for a consistent gap between my wedges, and I won't know that until the Gs get here and I have had a chance to play with them.
I think your thoughts are right on here with the wedge gapping.

I am also in the Albany, NY area, and I play quite a bit with another THPer (ddec). You should definitely join us for a round this spring.

Last edited:
I think your thoughts are right on here with the wedge gapping.

I am also in the Albany, NY area, and I play quite a bit with another THPer (ddec). You should definitely join us for a round this spring.

Thanks! Sounds like a great idea! Where do you like to play?

You really can't go wrong when going with your set's Gap wedge. Especially when you regularly take full swings with it.

Golfsmith near me had a bunch of the SM6 wedges in a demo bag yesterday. I think they look awesome in person. I didn't get to take any swings because I had my son with me, but will go back to that store soon to do that. Ponder is heavily engaged.

Golfsmith near me had a bunch of the SM6 wedges in a demo bag yesterday. I think they look awesome in person. I didn't get to take any swings because I had my son with me, but will go back to that store soon to do that. Ponder is heavily engaged.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Ary. I can't wait to pick up a set of these.

A course nearby is having an event on March 12th. $149 for a 2 hour short game clinic, Vokey fitting and a new SM6. I think with all the grind/bounce options trying to navigate that without a proper fitting is a lesson in futility. I'm really thinking about signing up.

I tried these over the weekend at a local demo day.
My old "illegal" Mizuno's are getting worn out anyway.
My tests were not all that great.
I couldn't get used to the balance.
I was hitting everything fat.
Maybe it was the shaft or the grip.
Gonna try them again in two weeks at another demo day along with the new Mizuno's .
Not giving up yet.

Back