Hello from Eastern Oregon

Awstyn

Reaction score
Handicap
I live in a small community. Four years ago our local city golf course shut down and I stopped playing. For many different reasons, I decided last November that I needed to get back to playing in 2019.

I ended up getting everything sorted out and will be enjoying a membership at a course in a neighboring town.

I've been able to make use of the facility already, despite it being so early and have enjoyed seeing the new and familiar faces. So far I've gone out on my own, but there are (or will be) opportunities for a weekly game to look forward to. I've joined the men's association and paid hdcp fees and will be joining the men's league at least.

I'm approaching my mid 40's now, so expectations are in the air. Swing has felt pretty good so far, all things considered. Much to work on, but that's golf, and why I've missed it.

So thank you for this Paradise. I'm a hack, for sure, but the hype of what was, what is, and what is yet to come is real. I'm glad to have found a place to keep the train rollin' indoors.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

I live in a small community. Four years ago our local city golf course shut down and I stopped playing. For many different reasons, I decided last November that I needed to get back to playing in 2019.

I ended up getting everything sorted out and will be enjoying a membership at a course in a neighboring town.

I've been able to make use of the facility already, despite it being so early and have enjoyed seeing the new and familiar faces. So far I've gone out on my own, but there are (or will be) opportunities for a weekly game to look forward to. I've joined the men's association and paid hdcp fees and will be joining the men's league at least.

I'm approaching my mid 40's now, so expectations are in the air. Swing has felt pretty good so far, all things considered. Much to work on, but that's golf, and why I've missed it.

So thank you for this Paradise. I'm a hack, for sure, but the hype of what was, what is, and what is yet to come is real. I'm glad to have found a place to keep the train rollin' indoors.
Where in Eastern Oregon? Which course were you a member of and which one did you join?

Welcome to THP!

Where in Eastern Oregon? Which course were you a member of and which one did you join?
I joined Scotch Pines, (Payette, ID) I used to work in Ontario,OR under different managements and under three pros. Small community so if you've played on this side of the Treasure Valley you've probably seen me.

Nice courses aren't too far away towards Idaho. Boise area has the Albertson's Web Final, which I take off work to see but that's about all of the "show" I see.

Fitting and performance about 45 min away (Timberstone) Tad was raised in my home town. Worked with Divotz, and they gave Ontario a try before it closed. So lucky considering population.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I joined Scotch Pines, (Payette, ID) I used to work in Ontario,OR under different managements and under three pros. Small community so if you've played on this side of the Treasure Valley you've probably seen me.

Nice courses aren't too far away towards Idaho. Boise area has the Albertson's Web Final, which I take off work to see but that's about all of the "show" I see.

Fitting and performance about 45 min away (Timberstone) Tad was raised in my home town. Worked with Divotz, and they gave Ontario a try before it closed. So lucky considering population.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I am pretty sure my favorite teaching pro ever - Stu (I won't publish his last name) moved from Red Tail to Ontario. Perhaps you worked with him.

I joined Scotch Pines, (Payette, ID) I used to work in Ontario, OR under different managements and under three pros. Small community so if you've played on this side of the Treasure Valley you've probably seen me.

So you are REALLY eastern Oregon. I have relatives in Klamath Falls and Boise, so I know the area well. Tumbleweed, sagebrush, high desert. Folks if you've ever watched some of the old westerns, that's what eastern Oregon looks like. Welcome to the group. Maybe we'll get a chance to play sometime.

Welcome!

Welcome!!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP...it's the place to be!!

Welcome to THP!

Thanks for joining us!! Don't be shy, let it fly.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP fellow Oregonian. I chuckled at the previous comment that Ontario is true eastern Oregon and just not anything east of the Cascades. I live in the Willamette valley in amongst the liberals

:welcome:

Back