Nippon Shafts with Hall of Famer

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We caught up with World Golf Hall of Famer, Karrie Webb to discuss how she chose her shafts including weight and ball flight.

Interesting thoughts from her on weight and flex, finding the shaft that works for you should be about results and not about using a certain weight or flex.

Good stuff, I wish I had known about Nippon steel shafts as my time was very short in a set before moving to graphite but the Modus 105's I did play told me that they make a real good shaft. Great interview MIchael.

I have played Nippons before and they are great shafts. She makes really good point about setting ego aside and playing what is best for your game.

Gosh, I played the Nippon 950 in TM's first "rescue" club (around 1997 or so), and then went to 1050 and 1150 (great shaft) before going to graphite. Great steel shafts with performance that is easy on the body. I demoed the Nippon 105 in the Mizuno HM and they gave me great numbers. If you want to remain in steel but don't want to deal with golfer's elbow, etc., I found that Nippons do the job.

Great video from Michael and Karrie. Fountain of information!

• Admin
Interesting thoughts from her on weight and flex, finding the shaft that works for you should be about results and not about using a certain weight or flex.

She knows a thing or two and was just super nice.

I absolutely love my Modus3s and it was interesting to hear her perspective. Nippon makes a fantastic iron shaft!

My previous set of irons came with Project X steel shafts. Soon found out they were killing my hands and arms. Re-shafted with Aerotech Steel Fiber and that fixed that problem. My last set came with Nippon 950GH and they perform beautifully. Very interesting process Nippon uses in making their shafts as smooth as they perform.

Another great video. Didn’t know Nippon came on the scene only 17 years ago.

Favorite line was her saying play what’ll get the ball in the hole quicker vs paying attention to the weight and flex.

Need to get some Nippons in my irons and give them a go

Webb was really great on camera and super nice off it too.

There was something great about Nippon at the PGA show and it lined up with everything I’ve heard on the whole about them. I Really need to get more familiar with all their offerings.

Great to see Nippon related content. I just threw a set of 1150s in a set Mizuno MP 68s. Great setup. Love the Nippon feel. Very lively but also stable.

love my nippon ns 950 best shaft i have ever played.

Back