Golf related thrift store finds

SirShives

Undecided
Reaction score
Handicap
The family and I went out and shopped around a couple of thrift stores today. My wife gets amazing finds and actually has made a few extra $$ reselling some of the stuff, mostly toys.

I always check out what golf equipment is there, but usually it’s just junk. One place today had a decent OGIO bag for sale for really cheap but nothing I needed. What’s the best second-hand golf item you’ve ever bought at a thrift shop? Any amazing deals or great equipment you’ve bought for next to nothing?

Grabbed an Adams Idea 4 hybrid a few years ago in near mint condition with the headcover at Goodwill. Still play it and its actually my "go to" club. Think i paid $2.50

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Got a brand new Titleist light weight stand bag from a thrift store. It was a giveaway from a corporate tournament that Verizon sponsors here in Wilmington every year. They had $15 on it. The lady told me she would do $10. I walked around the store for a couple minutes, grabbed the bag, she was like, let's call it $8. Got it home and it had the rain hood, a Verizon embroidered players towel, and 2 sleeves of ProV1s! I kept it a few weeks, never used it, sold it for $50.

My buddy was dropping some stuff off at Goodwill a couple years ago and decided to go in. Picked up a clean looking Scotty Cameron for 20 bucks.

yes but was it a REAL Scotty Cameron?!

He never checked on it. It rolled well and he made everything and he thought that if he had it checked and it turned out to be fake, it'd be in his head and he wouldn't putt as well.

He never checked on it. It rolled well and he made everything and he thought that if he had it checked and it turned out to be fake, it'd be in his head and he wouldn't putt as well.

haha that's too funny.

If it works, don't mess with it. Love that.

Let’s say for a second it was a real Scotty Cameron...who drops off a REAL SCOTTY CAMERON at a goodwill?

Dude must have pissed off his wife something fierce that day!

Let’s say for a second it was a real Scotty Cameron...who drops off a REAL SCOTTY CAMERON at a goodwill?

Dude must have pissed off his wife something fierce that day!

Either that or someone passed away and the family didn't know what they had.

I once found a Lynx Blackcat 52 degree wedge. Only $2. Used it for a year or two. Had many a good shot with it. Very easy to chip with too. If I hadn't just gotten a steal on my current wedges, I'd probably still have it in the bag. Still have it with my spare clubs in the closet.

Was at a yard sale and bought an entire bag of clubs for $8.00 only because it had a nice looking mallet putter in it plus a Callaway Big Bertha 7 Heavenwood in it. I got the bag home and went through the pockets on the bag which had a few tees and balls, plus in one of the pockets I found $2.00. I tried the putter but it just wasn't for me so I gave it to a golfing friend who liked it. I used the 7 Heavenwood for short par 3's for a while and it was working out nicely for me. A couple of months later I sold the 7W to someone for $20.00, then sold the rest of the clubs and bag for $15.00. So if you do the math, by the end of my transactions I made $29.00 profit from a bag of clubs that cost me $6.00. That $29.00 paid for a round of golf for me.

One of my playing partners visits a Goodwill store around Lake Norman,north of Charlotte about weekly .He has bought NEW Izod and Under armour shirts for a couple dollars and numerous Foot Joy golf shoes for a few bucks.Last fall he brought me a pair of Callaway spikeless shoes that he payed $3.00 for.They looked new and weren't even the least bit dirty.He figures that since it is a higher income area ,that wives buy things for the husbands, and they either don't fit or don't like the style ,so they donate them instead of returning them.

Back