First Club Fitting

jeege

Average Lefty
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm getting a full bag fitting at Club Champion in Fort Worth for the first time next Saturday (2/9). I'd be more than happy to share my experiences, what clubs and shafts they hook me up with, changes in distance and accuracy, etc if anyone is interested. But being my first fitting, I don't really know what to expect going into it other than some things I've seen on YouTube videos. I'm curious if there's anything specific I should be looking for or any certain questions I should be asking my fitter? I appreciate any tips or info you all can give!

Also, I apologize if there's already a thread out there about this.

Last edited:
First Club Fitting

Enjoy it and have fun. There are a number of THP TV videos that show off the Club Champion process.

Just answer their questions and don’t be afraid to ask any.

Enjoy the process! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you and what you get fit into

First Club Fitting

I'm getting a full bag fitting at Club Champion in Fort Worth for the first time next Saturday (2/9). I'd be more than happy to share my experiences, what clubs and shafts they hook me up with, changes in distance and accuracy, etc if anyone is interested. But being my first fitting, I don't really know what to expect going into it other than some things I've seen on YouTube videos. I'm curious if there's anything specific I should be looking for or any certain questions I should be asking my fitter? I appreciate any tips or info you all can give!

Color me interested. Share what you can; I’m looking forward to it.

Ask anything you want and be open to suggestions. And take breaks when you need to.

I really appreciate the tips. I'll definitely let everyone know how it goes and try to remember as much about the club combos and numbers as I can. None of my friends get why I'm so excited about a club fitting, so I'm glad I can come here and share the details with you all lol

Biggest recommendation I have is see if you can break it up. A full bag fitting is a lot of balls to hit.

For recommendations on the actual fitting be honest with your game and dont be afraid ask why.

Biggest recommendation I have is see if you can break it up. A full bag fitting is a lot of balls to hit.

For recommendations on the actual fitting be honest with your game and dont be afraid ask why.

Totally agree with this. I broke up my Club Champion fittings and I am happy I did that.

Totally agree with this. I broke up my Club Champion fittings and I am happy I did that.

Just out of curiosity, did you schedule multiple fittings beforehand or a full bag and they let you break it up once you got there?

Just got my first iron fitting last Friday (I had been fit for woods in the past). It is amazing how much of a difference it can make (and how close I got through tinkering all of these years!). Enjoy!

Just got my first iron fitting last Friday (I had been fit for woods in the past). It is amazing how much of a difference it can make (and how close I got through tinkering all of these years!). Enjoy!

I'm really glad to hear that and that it worked out well for you! I appreciate it!

Be upfront and honest about your game, go in as open minded as possible but if you don't like something speak up, and don't take 1,000 swings with one combination.

My two biggest issues with my last CC fitting, I became a kid in a candy store and tried to hit as many combos as possible just to try them and I didn't listen to M2Giles's advice on breaking it up (mostly because I waited till the last possible minute to do it before placing my MC order.)

Other than that, I had a blast. I learned a TON of information and it showed me things I need to fix with my swing.

Be upfront and honest about your game, go in as open minded as possible but if you don't like something speak up, and don't take 1,000 swings with one combination.

My two biggest issues with my last CC fitting, I became a kid in a candy store and tried to hit as many combos as possible just to try them and I didn't listen to M2Giles's advice on breaking it up (mostly because I waited till the last possible minute to do it before placing my MC order.)

Other than that, I had a blast. I learned a TON of information and it showed me things I need to fix with my swing.

Any idea how many swings you took? I listened to my fitter and limited the swings and combinations to what he recommended. I still made over 600 swings that day, and like you learned a lot and had a blast!

Any idea how many swings you took? I listened to my fitter and limited the swings and combinations to what he recommended. I still made over 600 swings that day, and like you learned a lot and had a blast!
Slight note about my fitting, I did it with a pulled muscle in my back. Even with pain meds and muscle relaxers after a while it was showing up.

I have no idea. I think with just irons I got to ~170 tracked swings so with practices swings and a few swings that I took before he got trackman set up for the different combinations, I'd guess iron swings were over 200. After he told me how many swings with the irons I stopped asking and tried to not keep count. I'm one of those people who will get even more tired just thinking about it. I don't think I got as high as 600 but I do know that it got to the point that I lost a solid 20 or so MPH of swing speed. My best drive (the club I did last) was 85MPH and like 150 yards way, way, way right. By that point I was just done and my back was on fire.

either way I did have a great time. The most important thing for me was it gave me the iron shafts I need to be playing (120 weight over my current 105s) and shafts for my woods/driver as i had really grown to dislike my Evenflow Blues. Also got to try out the F9 product which was the main point of doing the fitting in the first place

I really appreciate the tips. I'll definitely let everyone know how it goes and try to remember as much about the club combos and numbers as I can. None of my friends get why I'm so excited about a club fitting, so I'm glad I can come here and share the details with you all lol

They send you info from track man. I just had a full bag club fitting @ Club Champion in NYC. My only advice is go in with open mind and trust the fitter because numbers do not lie

They send you info from track man. I just had a full bag club fitting @ Club Champion in NYC. My only advice is go in with open mind and trust the fitter because numbers do not lie

There's a couple of clubs that I'd like to at least try, but I'm definitely open to whatever clubs are going to help lower my score lol

Did you bring any water or snacks to keep hunger down?

Did you bring any water or snacks to keep hunger down?

My appointment was at 1 PM and there was a nice pub literally right across from Club Champion, so I had a good lunch before getting started. I did not bring a water bottle, but CC had a water cooler, which I used a few times. My appointment was in June, so it was good to be inside an air conditioned environment.

My appointment was at 1 PM and there was a nice pub literally right across from Club Champion, so I had a good lunch before getting started. I did not bring a water bottle, but CC had a water cooler, which I used a few times. My appointment was in June, so it was good to be inside an air conditioned environment.

My appointment is at 1:00pm as well and planned on eating before heading over, but I can easily imagine getting hungry after swinging clubs for 3-4 hours lol awesome to know they have a water cooler though

I went up to the Indianapolis Club Champion with a friend two weeks ago and shared the experience on the forum: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...5-Club-Champion-Indianapolis-full-bag-fitting

It was awesome. They will probably be pretty relaxed, offer you drinks (I'd take a snack bar and a drink you like). I'd focus on trying to find something that feels great to you and shows excellent numbers.

If you're confused, ask for an explanation.
Be totally unbiased to what goes into your hands.
If you're tired, ask for a break.
If you feel overwhelmed, own it.

Everything is going to be awesome. CC is fantastic.

I went up to the Indianapolis Club Champion with a friend two weeks ago and shared the experience on the forum: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...5-Club-Champion-Indianapolis-full-bag-fitting

It was awesome. They will probably be pretty relaxed, offer you drinks (I'd take a snack bar and a drink you like). I'd focus on trying to find something that feels great to you and shows excellent numbers.

If you're confused, ask for an explanation.
Be totally unbiased to what goes into your hands.
If you're tired, ask for a break.
If you feel overwhelmed, own it.

Everything is going to be awesome. CC is fantastic.

I don't know how I missed that thread, I'm about to go through it. I appreciate you writing it up.
There's a couple clubs I'd like to try but am more than open to whatever feels best and gives me the numbers the fitter is looking for.
I've been really excited about it since booking the appointment.

The day has finally arrived. My fitting is in about an hour and a half.
I'm going to try to get there a little early to take some pictures, and I'll try to remember as much as I can to write a short review.
Thanks again to everyone for the tips and advice!

The day has finally arrived. My fitting is in about an hour and a half.
I'm going to try to get there a little early to take some pictures, and I'll try to remember as much as I can to write a short review.
Thanks again to everyone for the tips and advice!

How did it go?

How did it go?

I just got home and logged on here, good timing on your part lol
Man it went really well, such an awesome experience. I'm about to post a thread with a better review and some pictures of the facility and my numbers.

I just got home and logged on here, good timing on your part lol
Man it went really well, such an awesome experience. I'm about to post a thread with a better review and some pictures of the facility and my numbers.

Looking forward to it!

Back