Shafts: Most Important Factor in Selecting One

Shafts: Most Important Factor in Selecting One

• Total voters

OITW

Reaction score
When you're in the market for shafts what is the most important factor for you when selecting a shaft?

Yes, there are a ton of different factors that work together but only pick ONE.

For me I think weight is the most important factor to me, a shaft with right weight really helps me keep my swing nice and fluid.

The most important factor for me is that it works for me. The driver shaft in my signature is not necessarily a profile (primarily the low launch aspect) that should work for me but it just does.

Ball Flight.

That's why I honestly get fit if I change shafts. The knowledge I have is limited.

Look and feel.
Yup, Im shallow.

Do you prefer a clean look or flashy?

Both?
I love the look of the Green PX Custom THP Shaft, but also loved the look of the Miyazaki Blue and White.

I'm going with weight. It really affects my ability to swing the club the most.

Feel first, then performance and finally looks. I prefer something that stands out, but I'll play the ugliest shaft available if it works for me.

For me its weight since i swing like a old lady

voted "other." for me it's kick point, which i think impacts spin. i like a mid-high launch with mid spin. that's a not a profile heavily marketed these days! so second to that would be feel, then weight. i couldn't care less about graphics.

I'll admit it. I voted for color. Flex and weight are important to me, I guess, to a certain extent; but honestly, if I fall in love with how a shaft looks, I'll figure out a way to play it.

I chose other. I go based on feel and usually numbers if I'm doing a more I'm depth fitting. I look at ball flight, carry distance and dispersion. I have played shafts between 50 and 72g with no issues. It's about what feels best to me and gives me the best results.

It is feel for me.

Whatever gives me desired ball flight.

I can't highlight only one factor. For me it's a process: fIrst weight, second feel, third performance.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

If I had to pick one it would be weight. It affects my tempo, path, and impact/face angle most.

Thanks to their being so many solid options out there in multiple categories, looks can certainly be a big factor in the decision making process.

Weight and ball flight, but it has to look good as well.

I voted stepping since that will give me a flight I'm looking for.

It needs to perform well at the head/loft I pair it with.
It needs to feel nice
It needs to look cool
I won't pay more than 150 for it

Right now for a driver shaft, it needs to say "hzrdus" on it for me lol

It absolutely has to be feel first, then performance. I don't care if it is the "right" shaft for me, if I don't get the warm and fuzzies from it, I won't consider using it. If it feels right then it must perform how I want it to or at least very close. It can feel great but if it hits moon rockets, or low bullets, I will have to move on. And yes, looks also help as well as a fair price.

Back