Build Your Dream Club Building Center

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay THPers, we know that many like to build, fit and analyze golf equipment. We are asking you, what would be your ideal "studio" setup. We are doing it like this and every brand of machine and supplies are in play. You have $5,000 to get every tool or machine you want to make this studio perfect, but you do not need anything for a hitting bay or launch monitor.

So you will obviously need items like shaft pullers, cutters, swing weight scales and more.

Put your list together in this thread for your dream setup that comes in at budget.

Very intrigued by this as I’m just starting to get deeper into the numbers area of clubs.
I have no idea but I will be following along closely to learn.
Good topic JB.

Does this need to be an all-inclusive list of all supplies needed or $5000 on what I would purchase to complete my set-up that I do not currently own?

• Admin
Does this need to be an all-inclusive list of all supplies needed or $5000 on what I would purchase to complete my set-up that I do not currently own?

All inclusive list.

Mitchell Tour Gauge Putter Bending Machine with floorstand $1430
Mitchell Tour Gauge Irons Machine with floorstand $1540
Mitchell Adjustable Golf Club Bending Bar $175
Mitchell Adjustable Putter Bending Bar $160
Roberts Shaft Puller $150
Golfworks Shaft Cutter and Belt Sander with stand $340
Clubmakers Universal Vice $110
Golfworks Premium Swing Weight Scale $200

Total of above items come to $4105. The remaining money would be spent on supplies such as 48" ruler, grip tape, grip solvent, epoxy, ferrules, swing weighting supplies (lead tape, tip weights, tungsten powder and corks), shafts extensions, shims, cut-off blades and sanding belts.

• Admin
Nice list. Big fan of that Mitchell Putter bending machine.

Nice list. Big fan of that Mitchell Putter bending machine.

Bending machines are something that I have always badly wanted but have not been even come close to justifying the spend for personal use.

• Admin
Bending machines are something that I have always badly wanted but have not been even come close to justifying the spend for personal use.

Makes total sense. That is why this thread is fun haha.

I’ll need to dig into some catalogs to answer this one. You really want me to spend more money, don’t you?! The more I learn, the more I spend.

Mitchell Tour Gauge Putter Bending Machine with floorstand $1430
Mitchell Tour Gauge Irons Machine with floorstand $1540
Mitchell Adjustable Golf Club Bending Bar $175
Mitchell Adjustable Putter Bending Bar $160
Roberts Shaft Puller $150
Golfworks Shaft Cutter and Belt Sander with stand $340
Clubmakers Universal Vice $110
Golfworks Premium Swing Weight Scale $200

Total of above items come to $4105. The remaining money would be spent on supplies such as 48" ruler, grip tape, grip solvent, epoxy, ferrules, swing weighting supplies (lead tape, tip weights, tungsten powder and corks), shafts extensions, shims, cut-off blades and sanding belts.

What he said lol! I trust that Scott has researched this even more than I usually would. The only other equipment I'd add is:

1) $200 for a Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor (This one is extremely quiet for a good compressor)
2) $46 Pure Grips Air Gun Kit.

Last edited:
Golf Mechanix Gripping station @ 500
Golf Mechanix Digital Universal Bending Gauge @1600
Golf Mechanix Professional Putter Bending Gauge @580
Golf Works Ultimate Non-Marring Bending Bar @150
Golf Works Short Hosel Bending Bar @40
Golf Mechanix Reverse Thrust Shaft Puller @480
Golf Mechanix 3 in 1 Bench Mount Ruler @90
Mitchell Golf DigiFlex 2.0 Frequency Meter W/ Portable Base Plate @ 700 4610
Mitchell Golf Shaft Cutting Machine W/ Ferrule Turning Fixture @470
Grip solvent, tape, build up tape - @ 23.50
epoxy, applicators, cleaner @61.50
Swing weights, gloves, ferrels and assorted finish pieces @150

All inclusive comes to $4845......let me know when it arrives as i will need to take the day off for delivery. I just finished building a new 8' workbench :joy:

Golf Mechanix Gripping station @ 500
Golf Mechanix Digital Universal Bending Gauge @1600
Golf Mechanix Professional Putter Bending Gauge @580
Golf Works Ultimate Non-Marring Bending Bar @150
Golf Works Short Hosel Bending Bar @40
Golf Mechanix Reverse Thrust Shaft Puller @480
Golf Mechanix 3 in 1 Bench Mount Ruler @90
Mitchell Golf DigiFlex 2.0 Frequency Meter W/ Portable Base Plate @ 700 4610
Mitchell Golf Shaft Cutting Machine W/ Ferrule Turning Fixture @470
Grip solvent, tape, build up tape - @ 23.50
epoxy, applicators, cleaner @61.50
Swing weights, gloves, ferrels and assorted finish pieces @150

All inclusive comes to $4845......let me know when it arrives as i will need to take the day off for delivery. I just finished building a new 8' workbench :joy:

Good list there too.

I wouldn't worry too much about a putting bend machine personally (probably at the end of my list).

Swing weight scale + full spectrum of weights
Club Length measuring tool (a good, very consistent one)
Shaft cutter/belt sander combo
Club loft/lie checker and bending tool
Shaft extraction tool

Not really sure what else right now. Most of what I do is manual, so i am sure there's a ton of stuff that would be made easier.

Good list there too.

Thanks, don't believe there is a NEED for a compressor, its only a "nice to have". I don't blow my grips off anyway when i do mine. Besides, I have a 200 lb'der in the corner of the garage already for when i work on the Goldwing or the cars. I have ben thinking seriously about a Loft Lie machine, they gotta get bent a little with this hard Texas soil.

I've already got everything I need. Though I wouldn't mind adding an epoxy curing system, and for the heck of it an SST Pure. I think that might put me over $5000 though.

I did forget the air compressor. That would easily fall into the $855 I had remaining for miscellaneous supplies. Think I paid about $75 for the one I have.

That Makita is more expensive, but it's oil-based so it will last a helluva lot longer than the cheap hot dog or pancake compressors (they typically burn up after a few years of regular use).

The main reason I chose that one is - it is really quiet compared to most compressors. You can actually talk over it.

Do yourself a favor and spend another $300 on a California Air Tools compressor. Your ears will thank you. I love my 10gal. It runs at <80db, and the service/support is really good.

I think the Makita is in that neighborhood of dB rating. It's so much quieter than anything else I've seen.

If this dream comes true, I could order my shafts and do them myself...

This thread is making me want to spend money and un-suck the Canadan custom shop haha

Hahaha. Lots of great tools out there. Some are downright awesome.

Hahaha. Lots of great tools out there. Some are downright awesome.

I was looking at a 250 dollar unit that does the following:

1- Cuts shafts
2- turns ferrules
3- preps shaft tips

ec9f92727a5134d921bfa09a3bd543cd.png

All of those things I do with a dremmel (or don't do at all) and it's not all that easy.

1- Cuts shafts
2- turns ferrules
3- preps shaft tips

All of those things I do with a dremmel (or don't do at all) and it's not all that easy.

Definitely.

1- Cuts shafts
2- turns ferrules
3- preps shaft tips

Golf Mechanix....good stuff

Back