Seems like mine gets checked about 75% of the time.

Every single time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2 flights, 0 inspections.

Woowhoo?

Every time I travel with my clubs they have been inspected. Never seen where they have disturbed anything though.

1of 3 this year so far.

I am about 2:1 Checked vs not checked on average.

Every time for me, all except the last return flight they did a good job, on the last one though, they took it all apart, didn't put it back together the way it was, and essentially unwrapped my clubs, thank goodness they were safe, thanks ATL TSA!!!

That's the problem. Everyone has their own procedures. It's a joke IMHO. After staffproto, they look about 30 minutes to check my clubs. It was ridiculous. I deal with the TSA and CATSA (Canada) ever time I work. The whole system is a mess. No standard procedures. Just be prepared to have them fully checked and give yourself extra time at the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never been on a trip when they didn't open my bag.

I have never NOT been inspected when shipping my clubs.....ever.

They are supposed to be checked by TSA every time. Usually this happens behind the scenes. The only way you know is by the card they place into your bag. They forget the card more often then not.

There is a reason that procedures vary by location. That reason however is best left to a classified email on Hillary's server.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

There is a reason that procedures vary by location. That reason however is best left to a classified email on Hillary's server.

Don't get me started. Your TSA is WAY better than our CATSA. I just shake my head when I think about it.

Don't get me started. Your TSA is WAY better than our CATSA. I just shake my head when I think about it.

Oh I know. I had a CATSA agent in YUL threaten to not let me into Canada cause I was wearing an American flag tie. He asked how I would feel of he came to the U.S. wearing a Canadian Flag Tie. I said I would think your patriotism was great.

Just flew to and from L.A. last week and was not inspected either flight.

almost every time for me as well.

Regarding the people who have their bags searched, and TSA not putting everything back correctly.

What about a placard saying these are valuable, and while I respect greatly the job you are doing, and I thank you for it.
Could you please take care to repackage the contents as I have done originally, this is done to prevent any damage.

Thank you

Does anyone think a placard like this so when they open it it's right there for them to read would be helpful?

Here's the thing, the agents are probably checking a lot of bags, either physically or via the X-ray. I'm sure the majority of agents try to repack the bag as they found it, but that isn't going to go so far as to put each club back in exactly the right spot in your bag, especially if they aren't golfers. The cold stark truth is they are there to help prevent your plane being blown out of the sky, not repack your bag exactly as they found it. That said, they should be making sure the bag is secure when it is repacked.

I usually get inspected the only time I have had an issue is this past time they took my putter cover off my custom bettinardi and never put it back on. Which resulted in it getting a few good size dings so it is off getting a refinish now. They also took a few gloves out I had and never put them back in (had them in a ziploc bag). Needless to say I was not real happy.

Regarding the people who have their bags searched, and TSA not putting everything back correctly.

What about a placard saying these are valuable, and while I respect greatly the job you are doing, and I thank you for it.
Could you please take care to repackage the contents as I have done originally, this is done to prevent any damage.

Thank you

Does anyone think a placard like this so when they open it it's right there for them to read would be helpful?

I think they would just snicker and put it the way they want.

Mine was inspected coming and going from Phoenix..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

I am gonna go with no... Please let us know how that goes when u try it.. Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the past three years I made about 20 trips outside the US, 100% inspection. Over the same time period, domestic travel of about 40 trips, I run about 75%.

I don't pay much attention as I think I always have a TSA card in there upon arrival of my destination. I did fly to Orlando last June and my 7 iron had been moved. Tsa getting some work in I guess.

Checked mine twice end of last year and never got inspected. Both times it was they weighed it asked what was ion it and that was it.

Yep, every time. There is either a card in the bag or a TSA sticker placed on the checked baggage tag. Sometimes the clubs are re arranged but not that often.

Back