aknow

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you object to golf pros playing a tourney in Dubai? I understand many of them receive $ 1 million just to show up. If I had that talent, I would skip promoting a tournament in a country where they execute women for leaving abusive marriages, or throwing gay people off of tall buildings.
Anything for Money?
Maybe if a few golf pros would step up and show their higher purpose, the creeps in Dubai would change their hideous tactics.

What I don’t appreciate are the hypocrites who “hashtag” their support of female issues like MeToo and the like, yet will take their millions in appearance fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why isn’t more on the Tours setting up tournaments in these places and less on players?

I think the paychecks are what they are to get them over there, but when I see thinks like Bryson’s interview talking positives about Saudi Arabia it pisses me off.

I don't object because I don't expect them to know the political climate of every country. I rarely watch/read the news, so I barely have an idea what is going on in America, much less a foreign country.

Also, once you start going down that road, eventually you will be a hypocrite. Should they play in China? Africa? North Carolina? California? New York? There's always someplace doing something we might disagree with. Everyone has to decide where their line is.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I was to boycott a particular event or country based on my personal feelings about what goes on then I would likely have nowhere to live apart from my own island in the middle of the ocean

I don't agree with some of the things that happen here in the UK, I don't agree with some of the things that happen in the USA, I don't agree with some of the things that happen in the Middle East...and I could say the same for probably most of the world if I dug into the politics and goings on

There are other things that could be said, but out of respect for the forum I am not going to devolve this thread into a political/humanitarian debate

Hmm I wasn’t aware Dubai did the things that you write in your OP. Possibly confusing Dubai with another Arab country?

Hmm I wasn’t aware Dubai did the things that you write in your OP. Possibly confusing Dubai with another Arab country?

The UAE is more modern but does still use some elements of Sharia law.

Back